Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading (A) Tickets - 2,219 (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    The Alehouse in the town centre is great has a few foreign bottles of beer and some nice real ales. There are a couple of spoons, one a walk to the East of the town centre.

If you like your micro breweries there at a couple in the town centre also, but be prepared to pay the premium for a pint. 

There is a pub at the station but t don't think they allow people in showing football shirts.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    Will be my first time at Reading. Would be grateful therefore on advice of parking facilities near the ground and somewhere local where I can get a beer. Thanks in advance

Peter

Don't park in the green park business area/or the local shopping parks (mcdonalds/pizza hut/B&Q etc) which is one round about back from the stadium. There is street parking in an area called whitley wood to the east of the stadium, but ensure you park on the main road, this area is often seen on road wars reality series.

They do have good drinking bars in the stadium and have a good filtering system where you line up and exit in an orderly manner (stops arseholes from queue jumping) and last time I went they had guys going round with jet packs of beer etc.

Some of the guys drink in the nearby Hilton Hotel I think is called on match days. I am going by local train as I live nearby and will drink in the town and get the shuttle bus from the station, that could be another alternative for you.

Chippy

I will be arriving at Reading Central.
    Where exactly does the shuttle bus leave from in relation to the station?
    Also where do I pick it up after the game?
    Have been before but not for a few years.
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    Will be my first time at Reading. Would be grateful therefore on advice of parking facilities near the ground and somewhere local where I can get a beer. Thanks in advance

Peter

Don't park in the green park business area/or the local shopping parks (mcdonalds/pizza hut/B&Q etc) which is one round about back from the stadium. There is street parking in an area called whitley wood to the east of the stadium, but ensure you park on the main road, this area is often seen on road wars reality series.

They do have good drinking bars in the stadium and have a good filtering system where you line up and exit in an orderly manner (stops arseholes from queue jumping) and last time I went they had guys going round with jet packs of beer etc.

Some of the guys drink in the nearby Hilton Hotel I think is called on match days. I am going by local train as I live nearby and will drink in the town and get the shuttle bus from the station, that could be another alternative for you.

Chippy

Thanks in advance

Reading Buses

F1 Reading Station Shuttle Service
    Runs from outside Reading Station. The Service commences 2 hours before kick-off and a minimum of 12 buses run a frequent shuttle service up to 1 hour 45 minutes after the final whistle. 

The F1 fares which Reading Football Club subsidise are:

• £2 per journey single or return
    • £1 per journey single or return for 65 and overs

Please note: F1 bus stop has now been relocated to central bus stop, in between Car Park 1 and 2 on the stadium map which you can access by clicking here.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/club/travel/

• Options
    Ultimatum said:
    @PeterGage I used https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/ and booked at the holiday inn, £3.50 for all day. I believe it has a bar too... 10/15min walk to the ground. 
    Booked this too.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Peter

Chippy

Thanks in advance
    Outside the rail station at bus stance WS I think... They run when their full till about 14.40..return from 16.45....you will need to ask the driver on return position. 
  • Options
    Still looking for spare tickets please
  • Options
    clive said:
    PeterGage said:

Peter

Chippy

Thanks in advance

Reading Buses

Runs from outside Reading Station. The Service commences 2 hours before kick-off and a minimum of 12 buses run a frequent shuttle service up to 1 hour 45 minutes after the final whistle. 

Please note: F1 bus stop has now been relocated to central bus stop, in between Car Park 1 and 2 on the stadium map which you can access by clicking here.

Thanks Clive, I had actually seen that.
    They say the bus runs from "outside Reading station", but my (vague) recollection from last time was that it wasn't literally outside the station but down the road apiece
  • Options
    clive said:
    PeterGage said:

Peter

Chippy

Thanks in advance

Reading Buses

Thanks Clive, I had actually seen that.
    They say the bus runs from "outside Reading station", but my (vague) recollection from last time was that it wasn't literally outside the station but down the road apiece
    It was pretty obvious though, and marshalls will direct you anyway
  • Options
    Fair enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My tip is to travel on the day of the match otherwise the marshals might not be there to direct you. 😉
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    My tip is to travel on the day of the match otherwise the marshals might not be there to direct you. 😉
    You know what you can do with your tip don't you  ;)
  • Options
    Just booked parking at the Holiday Inn too. Great idea pre-booking, it saves all the hassle 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Ultimatum said:
    @PeterGage I used https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/ and booked at the holiday inn, £3.50 for all day. I believe it has a bar too... 10/15min walk to the ground. 
    Booked this too.

Ditto. No idea what they do if I get there late & some randoms have taken all the spaces

• Options
    Do you reckon we will get any more for this. Game I’m after one adult and one child please. Please pm me if there are any spares thanks. 
  • Options
    Do you reckon we will get any more for this. Game I’m after one adult and one child please. Please pm me if there are any spares thanks. 
    Suggest you do what we have all done and get your tickets in the home stand . . . Just got to sit on your hands when we score 👍👍 COYR 
  • Options
    Will it be streamed anywhere?
  • Options
    about buses from Reading Station to stadium -

This page on Reading Buses website includes a town centre map showing bus stops (opens as PDF) - stadium buses go from stop WS (south side of station - aim towards the side of the station with lower not higher platform numbers when you're on the footbridge)

buses start from 1300 for a 1500 kick off.

£ 2 return on the bus - and concessionary bus passes are not accepted.

note that the bus drivers can not give change, so you need exact money.  the regular buses round Reading take contactless card payments, i can't see any reason why the football buses wouldn't, but it doesn't say they do.

• Options
    PeterGage said:

Peter

Ah Whitley Wood... also known for the place David Brent lost his virginity. https://youtu.be/jQD3EjukimI
  • Options
    after 1 adult spare if anyone has 1 kicking about. 

cheers in advance 

will be at paddington from 10.45 onwards or in reading from 12 onwards. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Lucky to get corporate from work for this seeing as we sold out! Only living in Southampton we would have tried to get normal tickets but work were feeling generous apparently! 

Looking forward to hearing fans in full voice as usual. 
  • Options
    Chose the collect from stadium option when buying tickets. Does anyone know where this will be?  
  • Options
    The buses drop you at the home end and it is only a 10 minute walk to the away end. Going back is a tad longer as the stewards won’t let you walk around the stadium. You have to go on a route March via the main road. Worth bearing in mind when booking return train.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    The buses drop you at the home end and it is only a 10 minute walk to the away end. Going back is a tad longer as the stewards won’t let you walk around the stadium. You have to go on a route March via the main road. Worth bearing in mind when booking return train.
    It takes 'kin ages. Hour and a half ?
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:
    Chose the collect from stadium option when buying tickets. Does anyone know where this will be?  
    At the stadium. 
    Looking for something called ticket office.
  • Options
    Any spares? 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    It takes 'kin ages. Hour and a half ?
    Quicker walking back to the station?
  • Options
    This caught me out - I was thinking, big ground, no problem getting tickets. Three of us were planning to go - anybody know if they might be likely to release more?
  • Options
    This caught me out - I was thinking, big ground, no problem getting tickets. Three of us were planning to go - anybody know if they might be likely to release more?
    Not this close to the game, you'll need to be looking for spares.