Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading (A) Tickets - 2,219 (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Im getting wound up again
    385 points, valley gold for donkeys years and im no more entitled to a ticket than someone whose bought a season ticket this year.
    So are you regretting your choice ?
    You can't have it both ways :smile:
    Have what both ways.
    You could of had someone who had a season ticket last season and done 10 aways who also has valley gold .
    For some reason they cant commit to a season this season.
    Theyve got no more priority than someone whose bought a season ticket this season.
    They do have a 4 1/2 hour priority  though over someone who done 10 games last season.
    By having it both ways I mean you can't give up being a S/T holder and then expect to still get priority tickets.
    Existing S/T holders & VG have always had priority for as long as I can remember.
    I don't recall lapsed S/T & VG members ever having priority.
    Everyone should know the rules and make their choice.
    CE its a points system mate.
    I dont expect priority on someone whose renewed thier season ticket.
    Like ive said to someone else 
    If youve bought a season ticket this season and had valley gold for 5 years you have no more priority than someone whose bought a season ticket this season with no valley gold.
    So whats the point in continuing with VG
    You're quite right, being only VG for Reading A, ranks you equal to someone who bought a S/T either this season or last season.

My point was that you chose to give up your S/T (not wishing to fund RD, fair enough), so you knew it would probably give you a lower priority for buying tickets.

Presumably, S/T holders have better priority than VG holders generally, because a S/T holder will be paying 3,4 or 5 times the amount of a VG holder.
    And VG holders will get some of their money back through prizes as well...
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    385 points, valley gold for donkeys years and im no more entitled to a ticket than someone whose bought a season ticket this year.
    Have what both ways.
    You could of had someone who had a season ticket last season and done 10 aways who also has valley gold .
    Theyve got no more priority than someone whose bought a season ticket this season.
    They do have a 4 1/2 hour priority  though over someone who done 10 games last season.
    By having it both ways I mean you can't give up being a S/T holder and then expect to still get priority tickets.
    Existing S/T holders & VG have always had priority for as long as I can remember.
    If youve bought a season ticket this season and had valley gold for 5 years you have no more priority than someone whose bought a season ticket this season with no valley gold.
    You're quite right, being only VG for Reading A, ranks you equal to someone who bought a S/T either this season or last season.

My point was that you chose to give up your S/T (not wishing to fund RD, fair enough), so you knew it would probably give you a lower priority for buying tickets.

Presumably, S/T holders have better priority than VG holders generally, because a S/T holder will be paying 3,4 or 5 times the amount of a VG holder.
    And VG holders will get some of their money back through prizes as well...
    And 10% off in the club shop :-)
  • Options
    Guys. I have shit points. Nobody wants to go. Quite confident I'll have a ticket come Monday.
  • Options
    How many points is an away game worth? If I buy two for the same match is that double points. Is Middlesbrough away worth more than Millwall away?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    How many points is an away game worth? If I buy two for the same match is that double points. Is Middlesbrough away worth more than Millwall away?
    Do you get more points for away games depending on distance?  Serious question btw.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Here’s a problem @Covered End - an U11 can have 460 points because they have had a season ticket for the last two seasons, which gives them higher priority than a current season ticket holder who has been a Valley Gold member since 1989.

The U11 season ticket can be bought for £50 and need never have been used by the U11. That is, two years season tickets are cheaper than one year’s Valley Gold.

No system is perfect but by introducing historic ticket purchase (arbitrarily starting in 18/19) but only current Valley Gold membership, the system becomes unfair. 

It has always been the case that VG season tickets were at the top of priority list - now it’s not. Rightly or wrongly, that is a change.  

I’m not a VG member but I do know people it affects and despite being season ticket holders for decades (but not last season) and VG members since its inception they now have lower priority than an U5 who has attended a handful matches in his life.

Even last season when they had no season tickets they each paid 2.4 times as much into VG as the cost of the U11 ST.

Anyone who can obtain proof of age for a random U11 can buy 230 points for £50. The U11 ticket need never be used.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

Right so in 8 away games time without attending a home game why do I move up to tier 5 
    Because you'll have 230 points from last season's S/T, plus another 235 points from mainly away games and for years fans travelling away complained that they had no priority over fans that only did 1 or 2 aways a season.

The longer you go without buying a S/T, either this season or next season the further you'll fall down the pecking list in the long run (presumably). 
    With me doing 20 + aways this season it will keep my points up and i will work my way up the pecking order.
    With so many tiers though
    Then 230 whys there not one inbetween 
    460 to 230.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

Right so in 8 away games time without attending a home game why do I move up to tier 5 
    Because you'll have 230 points from last season's S/T, plus another 235 points from mainly away games and for years fans travelling away complained that they had no priority over fans that only did 1 or 2 aways a season.

The longer you go without buying a S/T, either this season or next season the further you'll fall down the pecking list in the long run (presumably). 
    With me doing 20 + aways this season it will keep my points up and i will work my way up the pecking order.
    460 to 230.

Points are also allocated on the length of your trousers. 
    Hard luck mate  😁
    Doesn't do Elfs any favours either 😉.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

The below table explains how many loyalty points fans will earn for each match they attend, if the tickets are registered to their Fan IDs..

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 162556png

Loyalty points began to be recorded from summer 2018, meaning that all 2018/19 season ticket holders earned 230 points. 2019/20 season ticket holders will also be awarded 230 loyalty points.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

460 to 230.

Hard luck mate  😁
    Doesn't do Elfs any favours either 😉.
    On the basis my trousers are most other's shorts?!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

460 to 230.

Hard luck mate  😁
    So he'll not get served.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    If people who are moaning about season ticket holders and VG members because they are ahead of them in the pecking order now for Reading just imagine the number of posts from them when the tickets for the tiny grounds of Fulham, Brentford, Luton , Millwall and QPR go sale...they’ve got no chance of getting a ticket for those games if they don’t get a season ticket ASAP.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Why don’t you write Roland a nice letter mate, say you are very sorry you didn’t renew and you won’t do it again.

With no spelling mistakes, he might give you 20 points 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Why don’t you write Roland a nice letter mate, say you are very sorry you didn’t renew and you won’t do it again.

With no spelling mistakes, he might give you 20 points 
    He'll get 5 points then.
  • Options
    the points work well. 

the selling requirements do not. 

should be 550 and vg phase 1
    500 phase 2
    400 phase 3
    300 and vg  phase 4
    230 or vg phase 5
    100 phase 6
    general phase 7

the 1st 5 phases on the reading tickets they probably could of done without. 
  • Options
    1706 left, i expect this to fully make general sale, but it will sell out. 
  • Options
    OK, coming from a personal point of view but what about those of us who live a considerable distance away and therefore do not have ST but have been in VG since virtually the beginning (and VIP too if we want to go there and shares and paid £1 for Ronnie Moore)?

Suddenly our priority is on a par with a one-off U11 ST holder as Rick points out, with c6k who had ST in last two seasons now ahead of us. Previously VG put you on a par (not ahead) of all ST holders, which seemed perfectly fair.

So much for long term loyalty being rewarded.
  • Options
    Here’s a problem @Covered End - an U11 can have 460 points because they have had a season ticket for the last two seasons, which gives them higher priority than a current season ticket holder who has been a Valley Gold member since 1989.

The U11 season ticket can be bought for £50 and need never have been used by the U11. That is, two years season tickets are cheaper than one year’s Valley Gold.

No system is perfect but by introducing historic ticket purchase (arbitrarily starting in 18/19) but only current Valley Gold membership, the system becomes unfair. 

It has always been the case that VG season tickets were at the top of priority list - now it’s not. Rightly or wrongly, that is a change.  

I’m not a VG member but I do know people it affects and despite being season ticket holders for decades (but not last season) and VG members since its inception they now have lower priority than an U5 who has attended a handful matches in his life.

Even last season when they had no season tickets they each paid 2.4 times as much into VG as the cost of the U11 ST.

Anyone who can obtain proof of age for a random U11 can buy 230 points for £50. The U11 ticket need never be used.
    I agree VG have fallen down the pecking order. Mind  you I would be surprised if many U11's are travelling to away games alone. I can't say I've noticed any in the last 50 years.

As you say no system is perfect and you will always have  complaints. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

460 to 230.

I agree you have a point. But many people are saying there are already too many phases. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I agree VG have fallen down the pecking order. Mind  you I would be surprised if many U11's are travelling to away games alone. I can't say I've noticed any in the last 50 years.

As you say no system is perfect and you will always have  complaints. 
    You miss the point, which is that U11 season tickets are used to purchase adult away tickets.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

460 to 230.

I agree you have a point. But many people are saying there are already too many phases. 
    So do the loyalty points continue to accumulate ad infinitum or do they reset for the last two or the three seasons?
    Edit; Just seen @clve 's link above so two seasons on a rolling basis.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

460 to 230.

So do the loyalty points continue to accumulate ad infinitum or do they reset for the last two or the three seasons?
    I believe they reset after two seasons.
    A trust committee member & myself attended a meeting with the club over a year ago before the 'loyalty point' scheme was set-up,where the club put forward their ideas & listened to our suggestions.
    Personally i think the system works well for Season ticket holders & regular attendees of away fixtures,this season will be more of a test for the system with more local derbies,some with limited away allocations.
  • Options
    I got mine today , got family section as taking couple little uns, which looks right next to Reading supporters.
    Can see this 'family section' being busy
  • Options
    an under 11 season ticket should only be valid for the purchase of an under 11 away tickets. 

• Options
    Got my ticket. £13 bargain!

My son can't make this one,so I will be the wizened old fogey sitting alone talking to myself or if needs be standing with my arms folded looking grumpy
  • Options
    clive said:
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

460 to 230.

A trust committee member & myself attended a meeting with the club over a year ago before the 'loyalty point' scheme was set-up,where the club put forward their ideas & listened to our suggestions.
    Personally i think the system works well for Season ticket holders & regular attendees of away fixtures,this season will be more of a test for the system with more local derbies,some with limited away allocations.
    luton 
    millwall
    qpr 
    brentford
    fulham 

i would expect us to all sell out and tickets may not make general 
  • Options
    clive said:
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

460 to 230.

luton 
    millwall
    qpr 
    brentford
    fulham 

Luton is a Tuesday night which might put some off.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    clive said:
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

460 to 230.

luton 
    millwall
    qpr 
    brentford
    fulham 

And it’s Luton!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    clive said:
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have what both ways.

460 to 230.

luton 
    millwall
    qpr 
    brentford
    fulham 

didnt realise that - i wasnt going to attend anyway, as for me its a one off visit purely for 92 club reasons.