Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Foden playing quality

This could be his moment to really break into the City team for him
    David Silva's ready made replacement
  • Foden is one of the very few English talents that isn’t overhyped. He still needs regular minutes but you can see from the way he reads the game he’s a special talent.

Be very surprised if he’s not in the euros next year.
  • I think we perhaps forget that Foden only became 20 three weeks ago.

Harry Kane hadn't even started a Premier League for Spurs at that age but served his apprenticeship at Millwall and Norwich. Not sure that Foden would have learnt more playing in the Championship than he has training every day with De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva etc etc. and starting 27 games for City plus another 37 cameos from the bench.  

An exciting prospect that won't suffer from burn-out by the time he's 25. You only have to look at Jack Wilshere (54 appearances for Arsenal in season 2010-11 when he was just 18) , Michael Owen (over 70 appearances for Liverpool before he was 19) and possibly even Harry Kane now (who Spurs have been flogging to death because they have no back up) to recognise that 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Foden is one of the very few English talents that isn’t overhyped. He still needs regular minutes but you can see from the way he reads the game he’s a special talent.

The Euros being delayed a year is really going to suit him, may have been in the March friendlies so may have gone this year

Think this time next year though we wont be saying that he may be going, I'll be surprised if he isnt!!

Foden playing quality

Loved his interview a second ago, said he wants David Silva to sign a new Contract as he's such a big player at the club

Even though deep down he'll know that when Silva goes, he'll be surely given the opportunity!!
  • I think we perhaps forget that Foden only became 20 three weeks ago.

Harry Kane hadn't even started a Premier League for Spurs at that age but served his apprenticeship at Millwall and Norwich. Not sure that Foden would have learnt more playing in the Championship than he has training every day with De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva etc etc. and starting 27 games for City plus another 37 cameos from the bench.  

An exciting prospect that won't suffer from burn-out by the time he's 25. You only have to look at Jack Wilshere (54 appearances for Arsenal in season 2010-11 when he was just 18) , Michael Owen (over 70 appearances for Liverpool before he was 19) and possibly even Harry Kane now (who Spurs have been flogging to death because they have no back up) to recognise that 
    The thing about clubs like City (even allowing for a European ban) is that they play so many games anyway, bearing in mind they will have long runs in all competitions.
  • I see that Burnley have been quick to condemn the banner flown by a plane over the Etihad tonight carrying the statement "White Lives Matter Burnley", 

Clearly nothing to do with anyone at the Club but well done to them for issuing their condemnation so swiftly.
    The absolute state of it. But it's been near-universally condemned, at least.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Foden is one of the very few English talents that isn’t overhyped. He still needs regular minutes but you can see from the way he reads the game he’s a special talent.

All about game time really, at the moment agree he looks the perfect replacement for David Silva, although they have stuck him out on the wing a bit. They all rotate a bit so not sure if Bernardo or Foden is the natural replacement

So much natural talent and looks to be managed well so far, just needs to be playing regularly in the next season or 2 really to fulfill his promise. We have got some talented youngsters coming through its exciting times. 
  • One thing I liked is the fact that they spoke on SKY Sports yesterday about the emergence of Foden, Mount, Sancho, Grealish and how its exciting times for England

What they've got to remember at the same time is the fact that there will be potential kids not far behind in the U18s for various teams who could be just as good in time

Just have a small feeling that this isnt a flash in the pan period for English youth
  • Sponsored links:

• One thing I liked is the fact that they spoke on SKY Sports yesterday about the emergence of Foden, Mount, Sancho, Grealish and how its exciting times for England

What they've got to remember at the same time is the fact that there will be potential kids not far behind in the U18s for various teams who could be just as good in time

Just have a small feeling that this isnt a flash in the pan period for English youth
    We have a large number of top quality players all under 25. 

Henderson, Alexander-Arnold, Chilwell, Wan-Bissaka, Gomez, Rice, Winks, Mount, Maddison, Grealish, Sterling, Sancho, Hudson-Odoi, Rashford, Abraham.

Then in the under 21s you have Foden, Gallagher, Willock, Brewster, Nelson, Saka, Greenwood, Nketiah.

I have a feeling Foden is going to be the best of the lot though. 
    Oh yeah completely agree

Yet the England squad has also had a good number of players that havent started at Premier League teams, there will be kids no one knows about in the Football League yet will come from no where as they may adjust to senior football better than some kids further up the food chain
  • Foden stands out to me as while in recent years we've started producing a lot of powerful, pacy attacking players or attacking full backs, he offers something different, class and vision on the ball. 

I can't think of any other English players like him, as his style of play, even his physique is far more like a Spanish player
  • Foden stands out to me as while in recent years we've started producing a lot of powerful, pacy attacking players or attacking full backs, he offers something different, class and vision on the ball. 

I can't think of any other English players like him, as his style of play, even his physique is far more like a Spanish player
    I'd say him and Sancho look like they are both potentially world class
  • edited June 2020
    Foden stands out to me as while in recent years we've started producing a lot of powerful, pacy attacking players or attacking full backs, he offers something different, class and vision on the ball. 

There is a reason he gets compared to Iniesta, very similar playing styles. If he can achieve half of what iniesta did in his career then he will be one of the best English players to ever live! Go get em Phil. 
  • Laddick01 said:

The Euros being delayed a year is really going to suit him, may have been in the March friendlies so may have gone this year

Think this time next year though we wont be saying that he may be going, I'll be surprised if he isnt!!

Foden playing quality

Loved his interview a second ago, said he wants David Silva to sign a new Contract as he's such a big player at the club

Even though deep down he'll know that when Silva goes, he'll be surely given the opportunity!!
    It's a good point about the Euro's being delayed a year. Gives the younger ones like Mount, Foden, Hudson-Odoi etc another year of top flight football in preparation.
  • Love watching Foden.

David Silva could easily do another year in the Prem though, he oozes calmness and class.

• Thing with Foden as well is that he’s still a boy. Yes he’s 20 but he still hasn’t fully developed physically yet. In the next couple of years I expect him to fill out a bit muscle wise and he’ll be even better in that attacking midfield role.
  • Thing with Foden as well is that he’s still a boy. Yes he’s 20 but he still hasn’t fully developed physically yet. In the next couple of years I expect him to fill out a bit muscle wise and he’ll be even better in that attacking midfield role.
    In terms of his physicality does Foden lose the ball that much? - Of course not talking about stray passes

He's one of these players that seems to be able to find the space so he's got time to make the right pass before the opposition get close to him
  • There were people saying 6 months ago Foden needed to move, wrong then, proven wrong this week. City is the best place for his development, look what Pep has done for Sterling in the past 3 years, imagine what he'll do with more time with Foden
    In terms of his physicality does Foden lose the ball that much? - Of course not talking about stray passes

He's one of these players that seems to be able to find the space so he's got time to make the right pass before the opposition get close to him

He just looks so 'natural' to me, that ability to earn yourself an extra half-second is so important, especially in often congested midfields.

City are going to be on fire for the rest of the season and Liverpool will end up blowing it, capping the most extraordinary comeback in sporting history since 21 December 1957 when a SE London team beat a team from Yorkshire after trailing 5-1 with half an hour to go.

• Sponsored links:

• You mean the last time Huddersfield lost a game?
  • edited June 2020
    deleted 
  • Foden was great yesterday, but watching the highlights back, that was an absolute disasterpiece from Pope. I think there were three goals in there that he seriously should have expected to save. The penalty wasn't even very good either. Not a good performance to be putting on considering Dean Henderson is looking very good at the moment
  • Foden was great yesterday, but watching the highlights back, that was an absolute disasterpiece from Pope. I think there were three goals in there that he seriously should have expected to save. The penalty wasn't even very good either. Not a good performance to be putting on considering Dean Henderson is looking very good at the moment
    Age is against Pope a bit now... Angus Gunn | Dean Henderson | Freddie Woodman, there are a few Goalkeepers coming through
  • Nice penalty save from Schmeichel
  • God knows how many countries I would have guessed Alex Mac Allister is from before I said Argentina 
  • edited June 2020
    Leicester have looked very average today and last Saturday. Not a patch on their early season form.
  • What is VAR there for

Arm was in an unnatural position so was a penalty
  • What is VAR there for

Would question what Dunk was doing for him to be in that weird position

Nice little gap for Brighton and the teams below them what with their run in - Hope they stay up
  • What is VAR there for

Disagree with that. Totally unintentional and off balance. 
    Very impressed with the Brighton right-back, Tariq Lamprey. Great performance for one so young and inexperienced.