Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today’s Attendance?

Comments

• Options
    Have to say so far this season alot more people join in with the singing. Deffently seems louder and long may it continue! 
    The big fan change from last couple of years is the Covered End is much busier again. The noise is then carrying round more and encouraging those in the wings, East and West to join in
    Both tiers must be over 90% full. It was noticeable how large the queues were for the Upper CE in when compared to the East stand
  • Options
    Have to say so far this season alot more people join in with the singing. Deffently seems louder and long may it continue! 
    The big fan change from last couple of years is the Covered End is much busier again. The noise is then carrying round more and encouraging those in the wings, East and West to join in
    My only issue with the busier Covered end is the number of people buying tickets for anywhere then sitting in other peoples seats in J and H blocks. A few arguments went on last night and i think it could get a bit heated.

That's why I prefer the upper west...block Q or R....sit wherever you like.
  • Options
    My only issue with the busier Covered end is the number of people buying tickets for anywhere then sitting in other peoples seats in J and H blocks. A few arguments went on last night and i think it could get a bit heated.

The Upper West, for people who likes to have space around them...

Before they closed that end block of the Upper West, it always used to amaze me the individuals who would sit by themselves in a completely empty area with nobody around them
  • Options
    This is actually a real issue and I think the club needs to address this.

People congregating in the stairway as there's nowhere for them to go. Season ticket holders having their seats taken by people who have bought a matchday ticket a few blocks down or whatever.
  • Options
    Some Johnny come lately ain't sitting in my seat 😀
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Some Johnny come lately ain't sitting in my seat 😀
    My thoughts too, but not everybody is like us! There will be a tear up soon if it continues the way it is
  • Options

The Upper West, for people who likes to have space around them...

Before they closed that end block of the Upper West, it always used to amaze me the individuals who would sit by themselves in a completely empty area with nobody around them
    LOL...That's me.
  • Options
    Both tiers must be over 90% full. It was noticeable how large the queues were for the Upper CE in when compared to the East stand
    Unlikely to hit 90 per cent, although lower tier ticket holders in the upper tier may skew the numbers.

It’s deceptive - I bet most people thought the away end was a lot more than 50% full last night, but it wasn’t.

That said - very good crowd and ticket sale for a midweek game. Great atmosphere.

Diabolical traffic issues travelling home!
  • Options
    Never mind about the queue for tickets how about the poxy journey home to Chatham,hour and a half,thats two weeks on the trot.
    Went over Shooter's Hill planning to join the A2 at Falconwood. Slip Road closed. Same all the way down to Dartford Heath when I finally was able to get on. Then they played their joker and coned off 3 of 4 lanes all the way around Gravesend almost to the M2 and, to paraphrase Coleridge, n'eer a workman seen.

Bastards. Close on two hours for me.
  • Options
    Unlikely to hit 90 per cent, although lower tier ticket holders in the upper tier may skew the numbers.

It’s deceptive - I bet most people thought the away end was a lot more than 50% full last night, but it wasn’t.

That said - very good crowd and ticket sale for a midweek game. Great atmosphere.

I'd guess that there was no more then 10% of tickets sold in P & Q in the north upper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People need to be told that away game, sit where you want, rules don’t apply at home.
  • Options

A2 closure was a nightmare, I was expecting a bit of a delay getting home with the increase in attendance and traffic.
    Sat Nav said eta of midnight when I got in my car, eventually arrived home at 1.15. Had to get up at 5.30 for work at 7am :-(
  • Options
    sholland said:

A2 closure was a nightmare, I was expecting a bit of a delay getting home with the increase in attendance and traffic.
    Sat Nav said eta of midnight when I got in my car, eventually arrived home at 1.15. Had to get up at 5.30 for work at 7am :-(
    Abandoned my first attempt to get home after encountering the closure at Falconwood, so went off to get coffee at parents' in Welling. Second attempt found A2 closed at Blendon, so headed over to the M20, which as it turned out was also subject to extensive roadworks and single lane traffic. Eventually got home at 1am. At least we didn't lose!
  • Options
    sholland said:

Abandoned my first attempt to get home after encountering the closure at Falconwood, so went off to get coffee at parents' in Welling. Second attempt found A2 closed at Blendon, so headed over to the M20, which as it turned out was also subject to extensive roadworks and single lane traffic. Eventually got home at 1am. At least we didn't lose!
    Bloody hell, even I got home before then!
  • Options
    I am feeling lucky. Normally go home down the M2, but for no reason at all I turned off at Kidbrook and went down the A20/M20.
  • Options
    Had that a few years ago in the East Stand. people were buying the cheaper seats that were available in 'A' block then sitting in 'D' and 'E', I don't mind that as they said it was shagging Roly, but I do object to one punter who was sat in my seat that I have been sitting in for over 20 years and telling me he has sat there all season.
  • Options
    Had that a few years ago in the East Stand. people were buying the cheaper seats that were available in 'A' block then sitting in 'D' and 'E', I don't mind that as they said it was shagging Roly, but I do object to one punter who was sat in my seat that I have been sitting in for over 20 years and telling me he has sat there all season.
    That pricing policy was crazy and asking for people to move to expensive seats in a half empty stand

• Options
    edited August 2019
    That pricing policy was crazy and asking for people to move to expensive seats in a half empty stand

Same as in the west upper....Q and P are different prices, I moved from Q to P for the second half v Stoke....at the time didn't even realise I'd 'upgraded' myself.
  • Options

Same as in the north upper....Q and P are different prices, I moved from Q to P for the second half v Stoke....at the time didn't even realise I'd 'upgraded' myself.
    West upper 
  • Options
    Compare and contrast the season ticket sales in the family stand with the actual occupancy, even on a Saturday afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Same as in the north upper....Q and P are different prices, I moved from Q to P for the second half v Stoke....at the time didn't even realise I'd 'upgraded' myself.
    West upper 
    OOOOps...that's right West Upper.
  • Options
    Some stats from Wednesday's game

Official attendance v Forest 17,204 (Charlton 15,453 - Forest 1,751)

Official attendance v Peterboro exactly a year to the day 9,762 (Charlton 9,017 - Peterboro 745)

That's an uplift of 6,436 Charlton fans vs Forest compared to a year ago vs Peterboro

Uplift of Charlton fans vs Stoke - 6,514
    Uplift of Charlton fans vs Forest - 6,436

The uplift v Brentford will make interesting reading. Same time last year we drew 0-0 at home to Fleetwood with the crowd 8,810 (Charlton 8,730 - Fleetwood 80) and of course was also the protest game from last season which also saw 287 less Charlton fans in attendance compared to the midweek game v Peterboro 4 days earlier makes for interesting figures. Figures all sourced from the OS.
  • Options
    Slightly disappointed in the attendance today, which at 16,771 was down on the Forest game, and with Brentford taking 2250, the home crowd of 14521 was 932 down on Wednesday. You'd have thought a Saturday game would get a higher attendance than a midweek one, unless people were away for the bank holiday weekend.
  • Options
    Slightly disappointed in the attendance today, which at 16,771 was down on the Forest game, and with Brentford taking 2250, the home crowd of 14521 was 932 down on Wednesday. You'd have thought a Saturday game would get a higher attendance than a midweek one, unless people were away for the bank holiday weekend.
    The price would have discouraged a lot of the potential walk-ups.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    You will have noticed how empty th blocks in the East nearest the NEQ were today. Looked like zero comps given out for this game, I’m assuming as this was a gold game???

until a few later in the game moved into the empty space to avoid the sun, there was just the handful there who have had STs there for a few years  (this is the area the club refused to sell new season tickets  in this summer)
  • Options
    You will have noticed how empty th blocks in the East nearest the NEQ were today. Looked like zero comps given out for this game, I’m assuming as this was a gold game???

until a few later in the game moved into the empty space to avoid the sun, there was just the handful there who have had STs there for a few years  (this is the area the club refused to sell new season tickets  in this summer)
    Couldn’t buy tickets there for this game, tried last night completed blocked out. Strange.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Couldn’t buy tickets there for this game, tried last night completed blocked out. Strange.
    They won’t  sell tickets there all season mate, even if they are giving out zero comps. Crazy system (though was nice having so much space today!) 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    The price would have discouraged a lot of the potential walk-ups.
    We also sold less home tickets for the Fleetwood game 4 days after Peterboro at home.

Also today's home 14,521 crowd only had an uplift of 5,791 compared to the Fleetwood game. This is 700-800 less uplift than seen at the Stoke & Forest games than compared to a year ago. Could be price, could be the bank holiday weekend, could be a bit of both.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Comp situation is always different in August because of schools being off. I think the pricing was bound to reduce the home support.
  • Options
    Nug said:

They won’t  sell tickets there all season mate, even if they are giving out zero comps. Crazy system (though was nice having so much space today!) 
    Bought tickets there for last Tuesday.