Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today’s Attendance?

12346»

Comments

• Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Slightly disappointed in the attendance today, which at 16,771 was down on the Forest game, and with Brentford taking 2250, the home crowd of 14521 was 932 down on Wednesday. You'd have thought a Saturday game would get a higher attendance than a midweek one, unless people were away for the bank holiday weekend.
    You will have noticed how empty th blocks in the East nearest the NEQ were today. Looked like zero comps given out for this game, I’m assuming as this was a gold game???

until a few later in the game moved into the empty space to avoid the sun, there was just the handful there who have had STs there for a few years  (this is the area the club refused to sell new season tickets  in this summer)
    Couldn’t buy tickets there for this game, tried last night completed blocked out. Strange.
    They won’t  sell tickets there all season mate, even if they are giving out zero comps. Crazy system (though was nice having so much space today!) 
    Bought tickets there for last Tuesday.
    Really? That’s even more bizarre then. 
  • Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Slightly disappointed in the attendance today, which at 16,771 was down on the Forest game, and with Brentford taking 2250, the home crowd of 14521 was 932 down on Wednesday. You'd have thought a Saturday game would get a higher attendance than a midweek one, unless people were away for the bank holiday weekend.
    You will have noticed how empty th blocks in the East nearest the NEQ were today. Looked like zero comps given out for this game, I’m assuming as this was a gold game???

until a few later in the game moved into the empty space to avoid the sun, there was just the handful there who have had STs there for a few years  (this is the area the club refused to sell new season tickets  in this summer)
    Couldn’t buy tickets there for this game, tried last night completed blocked out. Strange.
    They won’t  sell tickets there all season mate, even if they are giving out zero comps. Crazy system (though was nice having so much space today!) 
    Different for cup matches maybe?
  • se9addick said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:

He means Wednesday. 
  • se9addick said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:

He means Wednesday. 
    Ah right, no idea then, they probably just make this stuff up as they go along.
  • se9addick said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:

He means Wednesday. 
    But we played Forest???
  • good to see the attendances increasing this year, but it does annoy me how its so far down from taking 40k to wembley, so many so called fans who after a great day out at wembley wont back this exciting team this season
  • Not in shot (but an AFKA Jnr is)
  • edited August 2019

Comp situation is always different in August because of schools being off. I think the pricing was bound to reduce the home support.
    I thought they flood a lot of free tickets during summer through soccer schools? 

There were lots of freebies on Wednesday night which seemed strange why none for this one. Do you think it would have been down to Gold categorisation or something else?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow, what happened to Hull?!
  • Bit disappointed in our gates so far , although the atmosphere has been electric . Doesn't appear the club does much to improve ticket sales these days .
  • Bit disappointed in our gates so far , although the atmosphere has been electric . Doesn't appear the club does much to improve ticket sales these days .
    Why waste time and effort on August, the month of summer holidays, weekend train engineering works etc ?

I wouldn't say they are poor when you compare them with other clubs in the division, many who've been in the PL recently
  • edited August 2019

Comp situation is always different in August because of schools being off. I think the pricing was bound to reduce the home support.
    I thought they flood a lot of free tickets during summer through soccer schools? 

There were lots of freebies on Wednesday night which seemed strange why none for this one. Do you think it would have been down to Gold categorisation or something else?
    I don’t know how their minds work, given that Brentford was a very strange choice for a Gold game, but generally midweek games are no good for comps. People don’t use them. The obvious game for early football courses was Villa.

A lot of kids on CACT football courses will already have STs, and the total take-up for courses and comps wouldn’t be that big, which is why I found schools a better route for comps. Obviously they are not available in August. 

As Nug bought a ticket in block H for Forest you may be overstating the comps on Wednesday. Suggests to me they released the seats in block H for sale, which because of the pricing - relative to elsewhere in the east - and closure of A/B would have made them popular.
  • edited August 2019
    Apples and oranges comparing run-of-the-mill Championship games with Wembley.
  • Slightly disappointed in the attendance today, which at 16,771 was down on the Forest game, and with Brentford taking 2250, the home crowd of 14521 was 932 down on Wednesday. You'd have thought a Saturday game would get a higher attendance than a midweek one, unless people were away for the bank holiday weekend.

I don’t know how their minds work, given that Brentford was a very strange choice for a Gold game, but generally midweek games are no good for comps. People don’t use them. The obvious game for early football courses was Villa.

A lot of kids on CACT football courses will already have STs, which is why I found schools are better route for comps. Obviously not available in August.

As Nug bought a ticket in block H for Forest you may be overstating the comps on Wednesday. Suggests to me they released the seats in block H for sale, which because of the pricing - relative to elsewhere in the east - and closure of A/B would have made them popular.
    Do they choose which games are “gold” based on the anticipated size of the away gate?
  • edited August 2019
    se9addick said:

A lot of kids on CACT football courses will already have STs, which is why I found schools are better route for comps. Obviously not available in August.

Do they choose which games are “gold” based on the anticipated size of the away gate?
    Yes - but Brentford were never going to sell out and if you choose opposition that Charlton fans won’t see as high value it can be counterproductive.

I haven’t look closely at the prices, but if 2,000 Brentford fans paid an extra £3 (£2.50 net of VAT) that’s £4.5k uplift in revenue. The question then is what was the impact on home revenue. I doubt if the price affects away numbers in any meaningful proportion.

Say there are 4,000 home ticket sales at average net revenue of £17 (allowing for concessions), which may be a bit high but is not wildly off. That’s £68k.

Assume standard average net revenue is £14.50. That’s a further £10k uplift. But if you sell 1,000 fewer home tickets, which tend to be more price sensitive, as a consequence of the price increase then you’ve wiped out the effect of the increase, as well as lost the profit on ancillary spend - programmes, etc - although generally that’s only £1/£2 on average.

If you assume the home support for a Saturday game with Brentford (especially given the previous performances) is naturally higher than the midweek sale for Forest, it looks as if the Gold categorisation was probably neutral in effect on revenue.

• Slightly disappointed in the attendance today, which at 16,771 was down on the Forest game, and with Brentford taking 2250, the home crowd of 14521 was 932 down on Wednesday. You'd have thought a Saturday game would get a higher attendance than a midweek one, unless people were away for the bank holiday weekend.

Look good for the telly?
  • IR94 said:
    good to see the attendances increasing this year, but it does annoy me how its so far down from taking 40k to wembley, so many so called fans who after a great day out at wembley wont back this exciting team this season

No surprise though, some came from abroad, others maybe go to 4-5 games a season and some were just out for the trip to Wembley etc....average for 1st 3 games is over 17,000 which i think is pretty decent...keep it up and we will start getting 18,000+ I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• IR94 said:
    good to see the attendances increasing this year, but it does annoy me how its so far down from taking 40k to wembley, so many so called fans who after a great day out at wembley wont back this exciting team this season
    Not sure you can really compare a first visit to Wembley for 20 years against a standard home league game.
  • If you look at the list of clubs in the top 11, other than Huddersfield they are all main clubs from big cities so we are next of the best with Fulham so I think that’s pretty impressive 
  • T_C_E said:

Look good for the telly?
    You wouldn’t put them in east block H for the telly.
  • T_C_E said:

Look good for the telly?
    The cameras have always been on the East side (same side) so you wouldn't see the East Stand, apart from an occasional view from the Jimmy Seed Stand, normally when the teams are shown pre game.
  • T_C_E said:

Look good for the telly?
    The cameras have always been on the East side (same side) so you wouldn't see the East Stand, apart from an occasional view from the Jimmy Seed Stand, normally when the teams are shown pre game.
    True other than a brief period in the mid 90s when they moved the gantry to the other side
  • The PSF against Villa was filmed from the West Stand