Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Nottingham Forest | Wed 21 August | MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Great tackle by Lockyer.
  • Options
    Best half I’ve seen from a charlton team in a long time. Could easily be 3-0 up. Hope we don’t regret the missed chances at FT. COYRs
  • Options
    Nothing to complain about with that first half.....apart from Lee Bowyer’s dodgy jumper.
  • Options
    <3 Excellent first half.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    Ooh! nearly had that in there.
    Who? Them or us?
    If it's an ooh, it's us. If it's an argh, it's them.
    Ah.
  • Options
    Wonderful stuff, as good as it gets, but we need that second goal.......badly!
  • Options
    Wow, how fucking good are we!
  • Options
    I haven’t seen us play like this for a long time. 
    We love you Charlton, we do. 
  • Options
    Don’t think I’ve seen such a dominant half in my life. Impressive. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game should open up now. Arguably that suits us even more.
  • Options
    Superb stuff - enjoyed that immensely. Need to kill them off.  Oztumer a great addition.  Fair play to Lockyer- he has been awesome, not just the tackle 
  • Options
    Very simple.
    The best first half performance I have seen in years.

• Options
    Wonderful stuff, as good as it gets, but we need that second goal.......badly!
    This.
  • Options
    Excellent first half, can’t believe how poor Forest have been. Having said that, they almost scored at the end, great tackle to stop them.
  • Options
    Nottingham  Forest have been completely outplayed for 45 mins..can't remember a better performance at the Valley. 
  • Options
    Superb half, only gripe from me is that we should be further ahead. 
  • Options
    Fantastic first half performance. We look quality in all areas and NF have not really had a sniff of the ball.
    keep it up boys!
  • Options
    Very simple.
    The best first half performance I have seen in years.

Seconded
  • Options
    One of the best 45 minutes I’ve seen from a Charlton team in years. Not a weak link. Brilliant.  Hope we keep it up and don’t go all defensive. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great first half from us. Been pleasantly surprised by oshilaja at right back, has got forward plenty down that side
  • Options
    Best tackle in the history of football.
    It was stunning 
  • Options
    Forest have shown one or two glimpses of class and are certainly not out of this. But that first half we have been outstanding, every single player has put a shift in and not done a lot wrong. Hope its more of the same second half! 
  • Options
    What the hell was that half... Best half I've seen in a very long time - Hopefully we'll go on and get all three points because on that showing they'd be very deserved

Of course though we know from our performances against Burton that the best team dont always win and Forest certainly perked up in the final few minutes - Lockyer making type of challenge that shows what a good defender he is and shows we dont need to worry about him!!

Its difficult to pick anyone out for praise as everyone as done so well - Been drooling over Oztumer's play at times whilst Sam Field has shown he's more than good enough to be rotated with Pratley

Definitely need another goal though

Just a little worried how Forest will come out of the second half as their Manager cannot be happy with that showing from them - Second to everything and more than once were chasing shadows!!
  • Options
    Disappointing that we've not gone in at least 2 up. Forest won't come out the same in the second half and we have to be prepared to force them back straight from the off and get another early goal. Still got Williams to come on if needed as well
  • Options
    We’ve hardly lost the ball for more than a few seconds. Very occasionally looked like they could be a threat on the counter attack, but Cullen’s been pulling the strings nicely and Gallagher has been tenacious and involved, Osh is doing well down the right. All played very nicely. More of the same please.
  • Options
    Incredible first half performance. Only time Watson has made a tackle was for that booking. He’s hasn’t been in the same post cost as Cullen.
  • Options
    I'm gobsmacked, its been years since I've seen a Charlton side play like this....just absolutely brilliant....stunning!!! Lets keep it going, COYR's
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!