Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Nottingham Forest | Wed 21 August | MATCH THREAD

Comments

• P.s @ForestTalkForum 3 shots on target!
  • Bloody hell.  Lost for words.  That was an amazing first half.  Some stunning football at the back the middle and the front!
  • edited August 2019
    That was every bit as good as what we did to the likes of Pompey and Luton at the Valley last season just missing another goal or two.

Fantastic stuff, especially with the changes. Leko is a menace although they were dealing with him better as the half went on. Such energy and skill in midfield from Cullen and Gallagher. Ozzy looks class and so does field. Deji = Dijksteel, Purrington solid, and Lockyer and Sarr complimenting each other nicely and also looking classy on the ball. And Taylor... well... he's just the man isn't he?

Its all going tits up second half isn't it?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    P.s @ForestTalkForum 3 shots on target!
    That many?
  • Literally like watching Brazil - no doubt we will lose 2-1
  • I watched he’s the stoke game on the box and I was impressed. That first half was even more beautiful football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s like the DHS sale. Sofa, so good.
  • The most dominant first half I’ve seen in...can’t remember when
  • Leko should have one as should Gallagher. But we're doing the hard bits.
  • edited August 2019
    Oztumer, Cullen, Field and Gallagher should terrify any team in the league. With Williams ready to come into the side and Kayal. 
  • It’s like the DHS sale. Sofa, so good.
  • Literally like watching Brazil - no doubt we will lose 2-1
    FLAG
  • Great half. Now need to put it to bed early doors.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cullen looking ropey today... Says a lot.
    Are you watching the same match as me ???
  • As always as a Charlton fan, I'm worrying that we have just played that well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching on sky from France, we look very composed and a proper unit. COYAs
  • Forest are not poor. We are very good but need to keep up the intensity scond half or they will get back in to it. 
  • That was better than Brazil 1970,Barcelona at their peak or Man City these days!

It really was that good! 
  • edited August 2019
    Outstanding first half from Charlton best football I've probably seen them play since the Prem days. Great performances from all of them but Oztumer is something special and all those doubting the selection changes on that showing were inviting grey hairs for no reason. Mind you hindsight is a wonderful thing. Another 45 minutes like that lads and we'll be making a lot of the big boys sit up and take notice COYRs.
  • That was a cracking half of football and we played some quality stuff but to those saying it's the best we have played in years let's not forget the second half v Luton last year!! 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cullen looking ropey today... Says a lot.
    Are you watching the same match as me ???
    To be fair he's tidied up a lot since that post. He was losing the ball a bit and it was comparatively to the rest of the side.
  • Unbelievable football 
  • I'm astonished at how good we were in that first half. I can hardly believe the evidence of my own eyes. So many changes to the side yet they look like they've been playing together for years. Lee Bowyer is as close to a genius as it's possible to get in football.
  • This thread is like a mini version of the transfer rumour one, all doom and gloom, then bang!!

That's the best I have seen a Charlton team play for a long long time.  To be honest I am gob smacked! 
  • At the moment we are top of the league! COYAs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!