Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Brentford (closes Monday lunchtime)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Phillips: 7 A couple of shaky moments but a couple of fine saves too.

Oshilaja: 6 Skinned early on but dug in until going off with injury. I wonder whether he was 100% fit from the start.

Lockyer: 8 This bloke makes errors at times but he recovers and digs himself out of them. Some wonderful last ditch tackling and blocking.

Pearce:  8 As Lockyer really. Puts his head where others fear to tread.

Purrington: 7 Usual Ben. Whoever it was (?Bowyer) said we were getting 7 out of 10 every week when he came was spot on.

Pratley: 7 The 'old git' ran himself into the ground in searing heat and encouraged others too.

Cullen: 7 Slightly below par by his own high standards maybe but still highly competent.

Gallagher: 8 Extra .5 for the clinical way he took his goal. This bloke is fast climbing the list of my favourites.

Williams: 7.5 Good assist and our rare threats involved his twinkling feet.

Leko: 6 Nothing good or bad just never really in it.

Taylor: 7.5 Ran himself to a standstill.

Lapslie: 8.5 Controversial MOM maybe but to come on and play out of position for an hour against two very strong left sided players was outstanding.

Hemed: 6 Jury out
  • Options
    Phillips: 7.5
    Oshilaja: 7
    Lockyer: 8.5
    Pearce: 8.5
    Purrington: 7.5
    Pratley: 7,5
    Cullen: 7.5
    Gallagher: 8
    Williams: 8
    Leko: 6.5
    Taylor: 7
    Lapslie: 7.5
    Hemed: 6,5
    Referee: 5.5
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Phillips: 5.5 - looked jittery at times and his kicking was below par, but one very good tip over from Watkins
    Oshilaja: 6 - ok. Hope his injury isn't significant
    Lockyer: 8 - he seems to have an error in him in most games but he is decent on the ball and his blocking of shots is excellent
    Pearce: 8 - a real captain's performance
    Purrington: 6.5 - solid enough defensively
    Pratley: 7 - did well in the centre of the back 3 (or back 5, as it was for practically all of the second half)
    Cullen: 5.5 - lacked support and struggled to affect the game against a very slick and fluid Brentford midfield
    Gallagher: 7 - like most of our players, struggled to retain possession but his movement and finish for the goal was excellent
    Williams: 7 - flashes of class and another assist
    Leko: 5 - looked very leggy and unable to get in the game
    Taylor: 6 - no real service but worked his socks off as usual
    Lapslie: 6.5 - got beaten a few times early in the second half and found himself overloaded on occasions but showed a lot of character, persevered and subsequently got in some good challenges and blocks
    Hemed: 5 - looked understandably a little rusty and got no real service as Brentford dominated possession
    Referee: 6 (I would like to congratulate the 4th Official - if it was him - for only adding on 4 mins. I was sure it was going to be more)
  • Options
    Phillips: 4. I spend a lot of time defending him against a couple of guys in my row who spend most of every game blindly berating him. But I thought he was awful today. A couple of routine saves but pathetic distribution and looked really shaky. 

Oshilaja: 6.  Was doing ok before the injury. 

Lockyer: 9.5. Agree with others who say he spent a lot of time fixing his own mistakes but you can’t argue with that today. Without him we’d have been handed our own arses. Immense. MOTM

Pearce: 9.  Warrior. Limited but excellent fight today. 

Purrington: 7.  The usual Len Goodman for Ben. 

Pratley: 8. Experience told. I’d prefer Field when we are trying to be the attacking force but when it’s backs to the wall it’s DP every time. 

Cullen: 6.5. Not up to his usual standard but never gave up. 

Gallagher: 7. Has a handy knack of scoring. 

Williams: 7. Great skill. Final pass was a bit off but that may be others failing to read what he’s about to do. 

Leko: 4. Useless today. But he’ll have days like this given the sort of player he is. Cut him some slack folks. 

Taylor: 7. Bit of a curates egg egg performance. Ran his knackers off but often to no real effect. 

Lapslie: 8. He’s not up to championship level. He’s be useless in an attacking team like Wednesday first half. But when you need a
    Duracell bunny to run and Harry for you then George is your man. 8 marks, 7 of them for sheer effort. 

Hemed: 6. Started well but faded. Clearly has quality. Look forward to him bedding in. 

Referee: 7 thought he was pretty much ok. 
    Brilliantly put.
  • Options
    at the Valley or on a live stream your marks please:

Phillips:   6.5
    Oshilaja:  7
    Lockyer:   8
    Pearce:    7.5
    Purrington: 7
    Pratley:    7.5
    Cullen:     7
    Gallagher:  7.5
    Williams:   7
    Leko:    6
    Taylor:    7
    Lapslie:   8
    Hemed:   7
    Referee:

Field: n/a

• Options
    Phillips: 6.5
    Oshilaja: 6.5
    Lockyer: 8
    Pearce: 8
    Purrington: 7
    Pratley: 7
    Cullen: 6.5
    Gallagher: 7.5
    Williams: 7
    Leko: 5
    Taylor: 6.5
    Lapslie: 7
    Hemed: 6.5
    Referee: 5
  • Options

Phillips: 6.5
    Oshilaja: 6.5
    Lockyer: 7
    Pearce: 7
    Purrington: 6.5
    Pratley: 6.5
    Cullen: 6
    Gallagher: 6.5
    Williams: 7
    Leko: 6
    Taylor: 7
    Lapslie: 7
    Hemed: 6.5
    Ref: 6.5
  • Options
    At The Valley or on a live stream your marks please:

Phillips: 8 ... he's a goalkeeper and his job is to stop the ball going into the back of the net; anything else is a bonus. Some great saves.
    Oshilaja: 6 ... a victim of friendly fire early on :(
    Lockyer: 9 (MOM) King of the Last-Ditch Challenge (KLDC). I'm sorry for ever doubting you.
    Pearce: 9 ... awesome
    Purrington: 8 ... put in a shift
    Pratley: 8.5 ... emergency centre-back in the re-shuffle following Deji's injury. Solid
    Cullen: 7 ... not as much scope for attacking play but helped out with the rear-guard action
    Gallagher: 7.5 ... another well-taken goal
    Williams: 7.5 ... a foul magnet. Superb tackle, recovery, and pass for the goal. Will only get one assist for that but deserves more!
    Leko: 5 ... flat performance, hooked at HT.
    Taylor: 7 ... running on empty by the end
    Lapslie: 8.5 ... take a bow boy. If you want a gutsy performance in an unnatural position, this was it.
    Hemed: 6 ... wasn't able to show off his attacking capabilities given we rarely had possession of the ball further than 30 yards from our own goal in the second half
    Referee: 6 ... so-so. Not the best I've ever seen but certainly not the worst.

Field: n/a
  • Options
    Phillips: 6 - looked a little shaky but overall didnt have that much to do
    Oshilaja: 7 - a good player - will make right back his own, and be sold in the transfer window no doubt
    Lockyer: 9 - as Oshilaja - a cracking defender likely to be sold for much money.
    Pearce: 8 - very solid display,dependable.
    Purrington: 6 - disappointed in Ben recently, only makes backwards and sidewards passes.
    Pratley: 7 looked good at the back
    Cullen: 7.5 busy, but bogged down today.
    Gallagher: 6 took goal well, but fairly anonymous otherwise
    Williams: 7 usual Jonny performance but little support
    Leko: 5 - did not a lot.
    Taylor: 6.5 looked knackered
    Lapslie: 7.5 - solid determined display
    Hemed: 6 promising cameo
    Referee: 6