Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wiredu joins Colchester on loan (2021 - Joined permanently)

edited February 2021 in General Charlton
Academy graduate Brendan Wiredu has joined Colchester United on loan until January 4th.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d6d273695eef/brendan-wiredu-joins-colchester-united-on-loan

Comments

• Options
    good experience for a very promising youngster
  • Options
    Sensible move for the lad.

Hope he progresses.
  • Options
    At youth and U21 level I have been impressed with Colchester United for a few years now. I'm sure the other occasional non first team watchers would probably agree.
    They focus on playing football and doing things properly, and as a basic undertow for Colchester United their set up is to be respected in my view.
    They will know full well about Brendan, and if at first team level the question was asked around their club as to who might be a decent loan with first team possibilities, then staff in the know there will know what they're doing suggesting Brendan.
    A good loan move that provides a decent platform for further development...I will be surprised if they view Brendan as a right full back.
  • Options
    He can link up with Brandon Hanlan again.
  • Options
    He hasn't reached the level of a 38 mile pass yet, at least not with sufficient accuracy.
  • Options
    ????
  • Options
    Surprised that Morgan has not gone anywhere, and Foster-Caskey maybe
  • Options
    Don't be mean to harveys_gardener you lot. He was quick off the mark to notice that Colchester are playing Gillingham tonight. Obviously what he meant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All down to websites that don't update squad lists.  I'm innocent!!!
  • Options
    All down to websites that don't update squad lists.  I'm innocent!!!
    Of poor knowledge? No you are definitely guilty...
  • Options

I read quickly as Would you join Colchester... early night in order I think :)

On a serious note I think it should be a perfect place to get some minutes, best of the luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

• Options
    Is the football league loan window now closed? So... Confirmed no league loans for anybody else?

I know we can still loan to non-league... but that wouldn't be useful for the likes of Morgan and JFC
  • Options
    Straight into tonights team.  well done and good luck young man.
  • Options
    Is the football league loan window now closed? So... Confirmed no league loans for anybody else?

I know we can still loan to non-league... but that wouldn't be useful for the likes of Morgan and JFC
    Yup; no one can move to a team within the 92 Football League teams unless they were a free transfer prior to it closing
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Is the football league loan window now closed? 
    I thought the loan window closed at the same time as the main window? If it has only closed now what was the big panic about signing Kayal and Hemed? Why could could they not be signed as loans after the "deadline" and converted to permanent later?
  • Options
    I thought the loan window closed at the same time as the main window? If it has only closed now what was the big panic about signing Kayal and Hemed? Why could could they not be signed as loans after the "deadline" and converted to permanent later?
    Championship/Premiership closed a while back. Everyone else's stayed open til last night. 
  • Options
    I should have said L1/2 loan window, not Football League.
  • Options

I think we like to send the younger players to non league, it only ties them for three months if it doesn't work out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

I think we like to send the younger players to non league, it only ties them for three months if it doesn't work out.
    I believe there are still 1 month loan periods, plus for longer loans players can be recalled after a month - as you could until just a few years ago in the Football League.

Ideal for young players to cut their teeth and gain competitive senior football experience.
    Toughens them up too.

And you can bring them back after a month, if needed.

• Options
    Straight into tonights team.  well done and good luck young man.
    3-2 win for Colchester 

played at rb it seems?
  • Options
    From the Colchester Twitter

Colchester United FC‏Compte certifié @ColU_Official 2 hil y a 2 heures

Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu and Kwame Poku both had impressive debuts

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Bump, seems to be joining them permanently today 
  • Options
    Shame he never really had a chance when most of his age did.  Sounded a promising youngster but you can't keep them all.  Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Seemed promising, really wanted him to come through. We've been wiping out all our hyphenated crew over the past 2 years, and look where it's got us...
  • Options
    I thought his loan spell at Colchester was pretty unsuccessful, so slightly surprised they've come back for him. 
  • Options
    Good luck to him.