Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please don't shoot the messenger.....but I think Lyle may be injured :(

Comments

• Options
    Apparently it's an LCL injury, possibly out for 8-10 weeks (source is the always accurate Charlton Facebook group, so this means nothing. Hopefully) 
    Placement seems like it could be an LCL as I mentioned above.

However, absolutely no chance of 8-10 weeks, that would mean a complete or severe rupture of the ligament and he wouldn’t be in no condition to put weight on it so soon.

If it is an LCL, I would half that time given on Facebook saying he would be out for. 
  • Options
    HIs Twitter account suggests he's had a few problems with over-eager fans
  • Options
    So basically missing the big 3 games against Leeds, Fulham & Swansea. 

Good job we have some points already in the bag then......
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Sage said:
    Off_it said:
    This thread is absolutely priceless.

Even at the stage now of an online diagnosis and prognosis based on a grainy picture. 

Unbelievable.
    Based on knowledge from my degree and experience and having contacts in the medical and sports science side within football, it’s not just any kind of wild guess. I might be well off on what I said, but the fact is he is weight bearing and the degree of the brace is promising, it also means that it’s not something like a rupture and based on knowledge, you can begin to tell where an injury is located.

I see nothing wrong with what I said, and believe it was more informative than digging at someone passing on knowledge.

I also accepted the quality of picture is not great and it could all be precautionary if he had picked up a knock. But it’s a fair assumption to say he won’t play Saturday when we are a handful of days away and he is using crutches. 
    IF we are assuming that is 100% kosher can I just say that Taylor last season had his foot in a brace 48 hrs before a game on a Saturday and yet he played. 

Just doesn't ring true that a Championship player wouldn't get a cab home if he had an injury, from the airport or a representative from the club wouldn't lay on transport.

Did Cafc know ?
  • Options
    Latest Twitter stuff suggests this is all too true. 

Grab your chance, Mr Hemed.
  • Options
    Latest Twitter stuff suggests this is all too true. 

Grab your chance, Mr Hemed.
    Who's?
  • Options
    Was anyone at St Pancras at 0907 this morning for the train’s arrival?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Off_it said:
    This thread is absolutely priceless.

Even at the stage now of an online diagnosis and prognosis based on a grainy picture. 

Unbelievable.
    Based on knowledge from my degree and experience and having contacts in the medical and sports science side within football, it’s not just any kind of wild guess. I might be well off on what I said, but the fact is he is weight bearing and the degree of the brace is promising, it also means that it’s not something like a rupture and based on knowledge, you can begin to tell where an injury is located.

I see nothing wrong with what I said, and believe it was more informative than digging at someone passing on knowledge.

I also accepted the quality of picture is not great and it could all be precautionary if he had picked up a knock. But it’s a fair assumption to say he won’t play Saturday when we are a handful of days away and he is using crutches. 
    Digging out?

Oh please!
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Hes back on twitter - great to see 
    the man being abusive a quick scan of his twitter and he’s banging on about venuezuela so obviously a bit of a moron. 
  • Options
    Are there any doctors on this forum that can put people's minds at rest?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hes back on twitter - great to see 
    the man being abusive a quick scan of his twitter and he’s banging on about venuezuela so obviously a bit of a moron. 
    Keohane left Charlton has he?
  • Options
    It's a miracle!!!
  • Options
    If it is true then it's perhaps not the worst time to lose him.

We have 5 games in the next 5 and a half weeks (now until 19 October), so taking the positive out of this situation it's better to lose him now than say Christmas/new year where he'd miss 6 games in 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Hoping we look after him properly and get him fully fit before coming back even if that is tough all round.

Let's not do an Igor or even a Darren Bent in our Prem relegation season - I remember he was carrying a knee injury but kept trying to play and never quite regained his best form for us.

May throw a different light on any contract negotiations too - reminding both parties of the fragility of the situation.

Time for others to step up.
  • Options

We have 5 games in the next 5 and a half weeks (now until 19 October), so taking the positive out of this situation it's better to lose him now than say Christmas/new year where he'd miss 6 games in 3 weeks.
    We're losing him new year, fit or not..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh right.....you know that do you, you know nothing more than anyone else pal, pure guesswork and mischievous speculation.
  • Options
    So still all speculation then,other than he didn't play yesterday? 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    "Lyle Taylor will be out for a while on the sidelines, this is the time we all come together to support the team and get through the next few weeks" - Millie Edmundson the vlogger.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Oh no. Not a totally clear picture but I'm pretty sure it's him. Looks like more than a few weeks. 

What did you type in google to get this image?
  • Options

Oh right.....you know that do you, you know nothing more than anyone else pal, pure guesswork and mischievous speculation.
    Aren’t you speculating that objectivecafc isn’t Roland?
  • Options
    Any news?
  • Options
    I fear bad news is coming, according to my semi-reliable source. 
    He is deffo on sticks, and we should prepare for the worst - is what I’ve been told. 
  • Options
    Time for us to show we're not a one man team.