Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please don't shoot the messenger.....but I think Lyle may be injured :(

Comments

• Options

Huge news, even if he misses a game or two that is far better than expected.

• Options
    Charlton Athletic boss Lee Bowyer is hoping to have Lyle Taylor back in training tomorrow – with the frontman cutting short international duty due to injury.
  • Options
    It is his country and he has every right to play for them if he wants to, which he clearly does. He is a quick healer so hopefully it is all not too bad. It may be my memory, but wasn't he in a foot brace last season, and played in the next game?
    Yes, wearing it.
    You’re thinking of Simon Church 
  • Options
    Great news, would love to see him back with these big games we have coming up. COYR
  • Options
    May be a good thing in the long run.. get Hemed some minutes! He is clearly a capable championship striker given his record so should be adequate cover!
  • Options
    Said it would be precautionary. No way you letting your star striker hop around platforms if he'd done ligament damage, no matter how 'Charlton' he is around a train.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Spotted him in Charlton Asda this afternoon :anguished:

So obviously fake.

That's Sainsburys.
    It's Wilko
  • Options
    Sage said:

I don't believe this picture is real, Lyle isn't wearing a headband for his hair nor is he wearing headphones.

I call fake news.
    Erm but it clearly shows: "stock photo"

Thats as real as can be surely?
    I was joking mate, minor whoosh moment :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hallelujah. Let's hope he responds to training tomorrow and is able to make the game, knowing Lyle he will push himself through. But it is a long season so I hope we don't risk him unnecessarily and wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it. Surely best to just give this one game a miss making sure he is fine in future, worse thing we can do is to let him train tomorrow, think he is fine but then during the game Saturday make the injury worse. If the crutches and brace is precautionary, let's follow it through and look after him. It's a sacrifice I would be willing to make.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

I don't believe this picture is real, Lyle isn't wearing a headband for his hair nor is he wearing headphones.

I call fake news.

Hate to do this but could be a double whoosh moment mate ;)
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Hallelujah. Let's hope he responds to training tomorrow and is able to make the game, knowing Lyle he will push himself through. But it is a long season so I hope we don't risk him unnecessarily and wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it. Surely best to just give this one game a miss making sure he is fine in future, worse thing we can do is to let him train tomorrow, think he is fine but then during the game Saturday make the injury worse. If the crutches and brace is precautionary, let's follow it through and look after him. It's a sacrifice I would be willing to make.
    Couldn't agree more - memories of Igor and Darren Bent still too recent!
  • Options
    Worst case he’ll be benched/not feature against brum 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

I call fake news.

Hate to do this but could be a double whoosh moment mate ;)
    Ah god damn it :joy:
  • Options
    Although it’s not the end of the world if he misses a couple of games, I do predict we are seeing an example of how Bowyers mind games can work both ways. 

He wont take the chance on him if there is a hint of losing him for a longer period but at the same time Birmingham will still be working in training on dealing with him.

Got a feeling Hemed will start Saturday.
  • Options
    Typical charlton life.  All that hysteria for nothing 
    Well.....yes and no.
    It’s hardly surprising when you get such outrageously conflicting stories flying around. The most annoying ones being from posters claiming to have got their contribution from the now irritating and well worn time and tested  “from a reliable source” brigade.
    2 weeks out, 4 weeks out, 2 months out, 4 months out.....even had a couple of “out for the rest of the season” rumours. Even ROV (on the forum who’s name shall not be mentioned), was suggesting he had been given to believe it could be mid December.
    There are thousands of members on CL, with hundreds of posts coming in every day, to say nothing about Twitter and Facebook etc etc.
    I don’t think CL is any more or less riven with hysteria than any other clubs main forum given our user numbers.........especially surrounding a potential serious injury to our star striker, which is, let’s face it, of major concern.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typical charlton life.  All that hysteria for nothing 
    But this is Charlton. You do realise by training tomorrow, Bowyer really means out for 6 months! 
  • Options
    Perhaps Lyle could start the game on the bench and just come on if we get a penalty...?
  • Options
    This is hilarious.

Twitter gossip, facebook photos, people posting they're 'in the know' and telling us it's bad news and he'll be out for weeks, some even going as far as saying he won't play for us again as he'll not return until January by which time he'd be sold.

Complete and utter panic..............and he'll be back in training this week and 'may' miss 1 game.

• Options
    I heard the same thing last night.  2-3 months I was told. 
    X
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Apparently it's an LCL injury, possibly out for 8-10 weeks (source is the always accurate Charlton Facebook group, so this means nothing. Hopefully) 
    X

- at least source was outed as the Facebook group rather than “my ITK mate said”
  • Options
    I fear bad news is coming, according to my semi-reliable source. 
    He is deffo on sticks, and we should prepare for the worst - is what I’ve been told. 
    X
  • Options
    Great news. 

If there is any month to have to work through an injury, this is it, with just 3 matches.
  • Options
    Perhaps it is bad, but Bowyer is keeping brum and opponents guessing.
    1) failed last minute fitness test Vs brum
    2) surprise exclusion from next game
    3) secrets out so will admit hes out til Dec.