Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please don't shoot the messenger.....but I think Lyle may be injured :(

Comments

• Options
    I fear bad news is coming, according to my semi-reliable source. 
    He is deffo on sticks, and we should prepare for the worst - is what I’ve been told. 

Trying to be positive....maybe it will mean no-one will bid for him in January.
  • Options
    Bows on talkSPORT soon be interesting if he says anything 
  • Options
    Would it be unreasonable for the club to ask a well-paid and accomplished professional footballer (born in the UK) to reconsider his decision to play international football alongside and against a load of part-time journeymen for a country of 5,000 people halfway across the world? 
    He doesn’t play for Scotland though. 

He has played in Scotland though so it's a standard of football he will be used to I suppose
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Would it be unreasonable for the club to ask a well-paid and accomplished professional footballer (born in the UK) to reconsider his decision to play international football alongside and against a load of part-time journeymen for a country of 5,000 people halfway across the world? 
    Yes it would.

'Please stop playing international games and also sign this deal for 1/3rd of what you can get elsewhere' 

Fair enough; personally I find it a bit odd from his perspective - they're ranked below American Samoa and the Cook Islands in the FIFA rankings. 
  • Options
    Yes, it would
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Calm down everyone, forget the injury/ non injury,  we should be pleased this thread has got a mention of trains in it!
  • Options
    MLS said:
    I'd be more concerned if we lost Gallagher, Cullen or Leko on current form - think they've been more influential than Taylor...providing we have a replacement to stick the ball in the net from the spot should we get another penalty.

That's the big question. Recall last season when he was suspended the goals dried up. Really hoping whoever steps in (if required) can step up to the plate.
  • Options
    Taylor will be replace for a few weeks by........a more experienced / proven championship striker
  • Options
    Look, I can see the likeness. But this person is waiting for a Javelin which can only take him into Stratford or St Pancras. WTF would Lyle Taylor be doing at Ebbsfleet International, on his own, waiting for such a train? Why would he not be resting up, jet-lagged after a long flight? And if he reallllly has to go somewhere, why wouldn't he be taking a limo, probably at the club's expense?
    I feel that this comment is way underrated! 
    Bravo sir.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    addick05 said:
    MLS said:
    I'd be more concerned if we lost Gallagher, Cullen or Leko on current form - think they've been more influential than Taylor...providing we have a replacement to stick the ball in the net from the spot should we get another penalty.

That's the big question. Recall last season when he was suspended the goals dried up. Really hoping whoever steps in (if required) can step up to the plate.

We stuttered badly last season when Taylor was out suspended. If he doesn't play, I think we will miss him badly. That's not to say that others won't step up but I'd be (very pleasantly) surprised if they had the same impact.
    Squad wasn't as good last season
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    addick05 said:
    MLS said:

We stuttered badly last season when Taylor was out suspended. If he doesn't play, I think we will miss him badly. That's not to say that others won't step up but I'd be (very pleasantly) surprised if they had the same impact.
    The thing is this year we actually have squad depth, its a great opportunity for Hemed
  • Options
    Has Bowyer been on TalkSport this morning.......someone earlier was saying he was going to be on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    addick05 said:
    MLS said:

The thing is this year we actually have squad depth, its a great opportunity for Hemed

plus Aneke and/or Bonne
  • Options
    Bowyer just about to talk to Jim White now!!!!
  • Options
    Has Bowyer been on TalkSport this morning.......someone earlier was saying he was going to be on?
    On in the next few minutes. Next up apparently.
  • Options
    After the game at the Stadium of Shyte last season, Taylor walked back to the station, chatting to fans from both Charlton and Sunderland.  If he was indeed at Ebbsfleet on crutches, it's another sign of his independent spirit - and probably an indication that the injury isn't too serious.

However many games he has to sit out, we will miss him greatly - for his goals and penalties, attacking play and assists.
  • Options
    Just seen Lyle at Waterloo station.

Apologies but this was the best pic I could get of him without being noticed:

• Options
    8 international call-ups, what were the odds of all returning undamaged?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    8 international call-ups, what were the odds of all returning undamaged?
    With Lyle Taylor injured.
    None