Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we a one man team?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah he is gonna be a miss. It is what it is.

But it's also wanting to get that winning reslt without him because we have to cope without such a player.
  • Options
    Shouldn't make his head even bigger than it already is.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    We will have to get used to it for a few weeks and LB will have to change tactics until Taylor is fit again
    I think that will be months not weeks 🙁
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    We will have to get used to it for a few weeks and LB will have to change tactics until Taylor is fit again
    By the sounds of it, December would be great at this point. Luckily there are 2 more international breaks in that period, which saves us a couple games. 
  • Options
    Although he had a poor game yesterday, I think Chuks is a very similar player to LT and should be a direct replacement.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I am forever optimistic
  • Options
    No Taylor. No points. No goals. 

It was the same in January. 
  • Options
    If you think Lee Bowyer is a good/great manager you will know he will find away to cope without Taylor.

If you think Bowyer is only a good/great manager because he has Taylor your wrong.

When LT was suspended last season we had Parker, Recco and a half fit Igor.  Now we have Leko, Hamed, Bonne, Oztumer and many more tactical options.

Unfortunately after the Wigan game we have six really hard games.  We may win some, we may not, but we will never know if it is because we don't have Lyle. Unless we miss six penalties of course. 
  • Options
    We’re not, but Taylor gets out wide a lot, creates space and gives the oppo defence something to think about. Hemed didn’t do that today. 

I would drop Hemed back to the bench, he didn't look up to speed yet, but hopefully he will be by the time we play our big games in October.  Aneke  and even Bonne may be worth a go at Wigan, both of them would offer more running and stretching the defenders. Like you say Hemed did not
  • Options
    I live oop North so the first game in ages I'm able to get to is Wigan, and I'm able to come down for Leeds.

So it probably is my fault Taylor's injured, as last time I was able to get down to the Valley was Southend when he was suspended...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the problem is that we tried to replace him with Hemed, maybe not a bad player but someone who pretty much stands about with his hands in his pockets until the ball comes to him isn’t going to fill Lyle’s shoes. A front 3 of Williams/Oztumer (with Williams in midfield) Aneke and Leko will bring a lot more threat than we saw yesterday. 
  • Options
    We are not a one man team but when taylor is playing we play to his strengths. He wasn’t playing today and we looked like we expected Leko and hemed to fill the taylor role. They didn’t. Bowyer needs to get some footage to see how hemed, Aneke and Bonne scored their goals last season and whether we can adjust our forward passes to fit their strengths 
    Good idea, I bet Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen haven't a clue about our other strikers.
    Exactly. Gallen only scouted Bonne for 2 years!
  • Options
    Brentford are trying to adapt without Maupay. With Taylor in the team Brentford dominated Cafc from start to finish bar 20 minutes at the start of the second half. But with the help of good blocks and profligate finishing we held on for victory.

This week Obviously the coaching team will try to find the best formation to cover for our top scorer, top Assist, top wide man, top talisman,  top Talker, and POTY. That should be a piece of piss !

Aneke, Hemed, Bonne, or Young Leko need to step up as this is going to be a tough time at the coal face. With Williams now becoming our main man in the absent of Lyle Taylor, who is catching up on Netflix and box sets until who knows when ?

Thank goodness the goal is to stay up and not  go up this season.
  • Options
    I personally would line up as we did in the first games of the season where we played Leko out wide right and Williams wide left, with Aneke up top instead of Taylor and a midfield 3 of Gallagher, Cullen and Pratley
  • Options
    what is the latest on the Taylor injury ? .. any facts and not just suppositions and rumours ?
  • Options
    I think our major issue is we may have to adapt the team slightly to play without Taylor, but I'm sure it can be done. I would rather Taylor was fit, but I don't think losing one player should totally derail us. Hemed didn't look fully fit to me.
  • Options
    what is the latest on the Taylor injury ? .. any facts and not just suppositions and rumours ?
    Shhh. it’s all hush hush 
  • Options
    Shhh. it’s all hush hush 
    lol ..
  • Options
    We are not a one man team but when taylor is playing we play to his strengths. He wasn’t playing today and we looked like we expected Leko and hemed to fill the taylor role. They didn’t. Bowyer needs to get some footage to see how hemed, Aneke and Bonne scored their goals last season and whether we can adjust our forward passes to fit their strengths 
    Good idea, I bet Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen haven't a clue about our other strikers.
    And judging by the lack of attempts on goal you might just win your bet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Yeah I think we are 
  • Options
    We are. 

Doesn’t help that Hemed is picked ahead of Aneke. 
  • Options
    No, any team will miss their star player. We don't have the same quality waiting on the bench.

It'll take time to adapt, but we will.
  • Options
    Nope!!... Need someone to explain to me how having Taylor today would have stopped us losing 2-0

Or even how Taylor playing would have had our Midfield / Defence passing the ball to each other

We're just not doing the basics
  • Options
    Well. I have never professed to be a Sherlock Holmes... BUT
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Nope!!... Need someone to explain to me how having Taylor today would have stopped us losing 2-0

Or even how Taylor playing would have had our Midfield / Defence passing the ball to each other

Because we might have scored a goal? Something we’ve filed to do in the 180 minutes that he’s been out.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    se9addick said:

Because we might have scored a goal? Something we’ve filed to do in the 180 minutes that he’s been out.
    Remind me how many chances we even had to score a goal before it went 2-0?

Have all the Strikers that you want on the pitch but if your not going to provide them with a service to score they're not going to!!