Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Aneke looked good when he came on at Reading, but he was playing with Taylor. Suddenly the squad is looking rather thin again.
  • Options
    Brewster not playing is a blow.
  • Options
    Oh dear 
    I realy fear for us today
    But u never know sometimes
  • Options
    Weird selection. 
  • Options
    Aneke looked good when he came on at Reading, but he was playing with Taylor. Suddenly the squad is looking rather thin again.
    More recently he looked ok when he came on last week at Wigan, must be wondering what he's got to do to get a start.
  • Options
    Kayal and Hemed have been inspired signings so far!
  • Options
    Kayal and Hemed have been inspired signings so far!
    Gutted. Thought they'd be huge for us. They still might of course but was hoping for a bigger impact from the pair of them.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Would have preferred Pearce back in for Naby.
    Bows played Naby at CB in the Forest game, for his quicker feet and passing.

Leeds play a similar style as Forest, pacy attacking and exploiting width.
    Maybe Bows believes rather than Pearce,  Sarr is better equipped to help deal with that? 

It was very effective against Forest's game.
    Expect us to play a gameplan today, much like our one for the Forest game?

• Options
    Pearce has a knock still, probably. Centre-back is the least of our worries at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Make some noise Cafc.
  • Options
    from millwall mate hour ago “Just had a pint in the pilot on North Greenwich Full of orrible Leeds roogling in toilets”
  • Options
    Inbred northern family singing songs out of tune on the train atm. Assuming they're Leeds but I genuinely can't understand half of what they're saying. 
  • Options
    Love the fact there are two Leeds staff Members just standing on the halfway line watching our warm up
  • Options
    Personally think Bonne will have a good game, has a point to prove and needs to keep himself in with a shot of starting when hemed and taylor are fit
  • Options

Just re-reading what Bows said pre-match:

"We’ve got a game plan and we’re at home. We’re not going to sit back and invite pressure because it’ll be like when teams play Manchester City, the law of averages says that they’re going to score at some stage. We have to play our game. No one seems to do that, everyone seems to give them too much respect and sit off of them, we won’t be doing that we’re going to play the way that we play; that’s got us to where we are today. 

"With our crowd behind us it’s going to be a good game to watch as a neutral."

It looks like Bows wants us on the front foot from the start.

• Options
    Not convinced by that. Bonne and Leko have the capability to get overwhelmed in this kind of game I reckon

No goals in the last two games, no other natural striker available.

I think Bowyer’s doing the right thing, he has to gamble. We’re probable odds on to lose this game anyway, so what’s there to lose?
  • Options
    If that was the gameplan, I'd have tried to find room for Oztumer, but I guess we're not ready for the DWARF SWARM just yet
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Not convinced by that. Bonne and Leko have the capability to get overwhelmed in this kind of game I reckon

No goals in the last two games, no other natural striker available.

I think Bowyer’s doing the right thing, he has to gamble. We’re probable odds on to lose this game anyway, so what’s there to lose?
    Bows said last week that Bonne's game is improving all the time, that he's a natural finisher ...... but it's his movement which needs to be better.

Anyway, he sees him everyday in training and knows what he can do.
    The next Karlan Grant. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Just like us to score a goal 1-3
  • Options
    golfaddick said:8
    Not bothered about the game tbh as I've already written it off.

However, what is a concern  & one I will state now as not to be I told you so later......
    The East Stand toilets. One cubicle in the block nearest the JS Stand (not the closed block obviusly) is blocked & already overflowing , making the floor to 2 other cubicles wet. This is only going to get worse & by 4.55 when a few thousand blokes who have had a few pints want to relieve themselves before the journey home it will be carnage.

Anyone with any sense would open the closed block but  cant find a steward on the concourse to alert.......

Glad ur priority is correct dont want ur new suede trainers getting piss wet
  • Options
    We're going to get slaughtered with that line up. If we're only 2 goals down at half time we'll be doing well.
  • Options
     But of course you have. No doubt you wouldn't have 😂
  • Options
    Just remember, when we win, how everyone said what a good team LB put out with his different tactics  :)
  • Options

However, what is a concern  & one I will state now as not to be I told you so later......
    The East Stand toilets. One cubicle in the block nearest the JS Stand (not the closed block obviusly) is blocked & already overflowing , making the floor to 2 other cubicles wet. This is only going to get worse & by 4.55 when a few thousand blokes who have had a few pints want to relieve themselves before the journey home it will be carnage.

Anyone with any sense would open the closed block but  cant find a steward on the concourse to alert.......

I make you right golfie, that's piss poor 😉.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!