Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Centenary Dinner

Comments

• Options
    Don't feed the troll

PS but you are spot on @oohaahmortimer @HantsAddick and @SoundAsa£
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Oh Daisy. 

you only have 27 posts and you have managed to complain about:

The centenary dinner prices
    Chris Solly testimonial dinner prices
    Player of the year dinner prices 
    No food and drink deals at Kent Cricket. 

You missed his views on Lee Bowyer as manager

"Absolutely not. He has been involved in a number of very unsavoury incidents and i dont think he is a good fit with the Charlton ethos of community and respect. Hypocritical of the club to persist with the anti racism , anti violence message with him in charge. Apart from all this he is completely inexperienced, lacks the nous and gravitas that people like Powell, Hurst, Parkinson and others bring to the table. Tactically he does not have a scooby. Just look at the two Shrewsbury play off games. Out thought at every stage."
  • Options
    I also find it sad that he has chosen to use the nickname name of Dennis Edwards (Daisy Edwards), a much respected and liked old school professional, who wore the shirt with us and Pompey with great pride and affection ......as many of you will know, he passed away recently.
    His son has posted on here and possibly visits the forum from time to time.....I am sure he won’t appreciate his Dads name being associated with such provocative and  intentionally spiteful trolling.
  • Options
    Do the ex players all get seated and positioned together, or are they scattered amongst the paying customers?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Do the ex players all get seated and positioned together, or are they scattered amongst the paying customers?
    I think if you pay up a bit more you can get a player otherwise they on table with old team mates 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think if you pay up a bit more you can get a player otherwise they on table with old team mates 
    Pay a bit more? Surely that can't be right? How much more?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Different event but IIRC if buy a whole table at the POTY dinner (actually paying less per head) there is a current player on your table.

This is not a fans forum event like the POTY but run by CACT so different arrangements I believe with ex- players partners.

But @killerjerrylee can confirm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the advice Daisy but I’ll let you decide how you spunk your dough and I’ll do the same myself .
    As someone who was lucky enough to buy a CACT auction item at last seasons  one,  where my two boys got to spend a morning with Keith Peacock and watch and meet the first team train and me the biggest kid of the lot ping’d a penalty past Dillon , the boys had a kick around with him as well, I can assure you it was more than worth it to have gone . 
    Dillon didnt have to but he signed a pair of his gloves and give em to the boys and an impromptu kick about with John Williams the Nabster and a few others after watching their session made it a day never to forget .
    Add in the chance to get pissed with mates that I hardly see anymore , booooo Richard Murray and if you’re in a lucky enough position (of course it is pricey and unfortunately out of the range of many) 
    to be able to go to this then I would recommend it .

He punched it away for safety :-)
    Is that you taking the penalty Morts?
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice Daisy but I’ll let you decide how you spunk your dough and I’ll do the same myself .
    As someone who was lucky enough to buy a CACT auction item at last seasons  one,  where my two boys got to spend a morning with Keith Peacock and watch and meet the first team train and me the biggest kid of the lot ping’d a penalty past Dillon , the boys had a kick around with him as well, I can assure you it was more than worth it to have gone . 
    Dillon didnt have to but he signed a pair of his gloves and give em to the boys and an impromptu kick about with John Williams the Nabster and a few others after watching their session made it a day never to forget .
    Add in the chance to get pissed with mates that I hardly see anymore , booooo Richard Murray and if you’re in a lucky enough position (of course it is pricey and unfortunately out of the range of many) 
    to be able to go to this then I would recommend it .

He punched it away for safety :-)
    Is that you taking the penalty Morts?
    Ha ha no , my one I give him the eyes and left him rooted as I put it to his bottom left , from the full 12 yards as well 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Different event but IIRC if buy a whole table at the POTY dinner (actually paying less per head) there is a current player on your table.

This is not a fans forum event like the POTY but run by CACT so different arrangements I believe with ex- players partners.

But @killerjerrylee can confirm.
    Need to correct Henners on this.

You don't have to buy a whole table at the POTY dinner to sit in the company of a player.

Neither does actually purchasing a table of 9 mean that you pay less per head.

The current organisers have never used this policy.

There are only so many players in the squad to be allocated to sit with fans so we always state clearly that it's a case of first come, first served. ie Players are allocated as tables are filled, strictly in date order. 

Hope that clarifies this issue. 
  • Options
    Happy to be corrected @Fanny Fanackapan
  • Options
    I do hope the Valley Centenary Dinner will be a black tie event.

I see that whilst Marcelo Bielsa did not adhere to the dress code for the Leeds 100 year anniversary dinner, a certain Mr Lee Bowyer did.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7587917/Marcelo-Bielsa-rocks-Leeds-100-year-celebration-black-tie-gala-TRACKSUIT-trainers.html

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I do hope the Valley Centenary Dinner will be a black tie event.

I see that whilst Marcelo Bielsa did not adhere to the dress code for the Leeds 100 year anniversary dinner, a certain Mr Lee Bowyer did.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7587917/Marcelo-Bielsa-rocks-Leeds-100-year-celebration-black-tie-gala-TRACKSUIT-trainers.html

It should be  a jumper or sweatshirt event.

Jimmy Seed, arguably our greatest ever manager, liked a jumper underneath his jacket in many of his photographs and Phil Parkinson and Lee Bowyer both like or liked a jumper too. Curbs, arguably our second greatest manager, sometimes went for the Clough green sweatshirt look so that could be an optional alternative.

I am sure there are others.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The minimum wage for 16-17 year olds is £4.35 an hour. A lot of our enthusiastic support is in that age group. For 18-20 it is £6.15 an hour, £7.70 for 21-24 year olds, and £8.21 over 25.
    The club knows this stuff full well judging by the pay rate advertised for a new media technology person (who had to be a graduate) for around that number.
    So a 16-17 year old would have to work 22 hours just to pay for a ticket. Over 25's nearly 12 hours.
    If these kinds of sacrifices are demanded, then at the very least the food ought to be of a Ritz standard, with more than one choice, including for vegans and vegetarians.
    The reality from my perspective is that the event is aimed at being exclusive and for rich old carnivores/omnivores.

I take your point and am in no way criticising, but I do not think many 16-20 year olds would be interested in an evening like this.
    That’s a bit like not learning about history. 
  • Options
    So who is going ? 

• Options
    So who is going ? 

Definitely.  We have a table of 10.   It will be a decent night out at a very reasonable price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No mention of enormous balls.
  • Options
    I hope no one gives the sponsors any keys.
  • Options

Too busy these days 😂
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I hope no one gives the sponsors any keys.
    Good point, they'd lose them for sure.
  • Options
    So did the accountant say 'sponsorship' is tax deductible?