Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Centenary Dinner

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019

Too busy these days 😂
    Think they're too big for CL now they're siting with their new mates
  • Options
    Each to their own. I would find such an event excruciating.
    But I suppose those who like such a thing get something from it and enjoy it.
    What happens to any profits?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Your loss, it's great fun. The profits go the trust and Museum, I believe.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    iainment said:
    Yes and no. Let’s not imagine the caterers don’t charge a commercial rate so any surplus is after their profit and the VIP attendees’ costs and meal subsidy. The primary beneficiaries are these parties.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Yes and no. Let’s not imagine the caterers don’t charge a commercial rate so any surplus is after their profit and the VIP attendees’ costs and meal subsidy. The primary beneficiaries are these parties.
    I assumed he was asking where the profits after all these have been paid go, which is as I stated. We all know Roland negotiated the dearest caterering he could find to punish the fans who showed loyalty, which he does not value.
  • Options
    If you buy 2 tickets I guess you get put on a table with stranger danger?
  • Options
    If you buy 2 tickets I guess you get put on a table with stranger danger?
    I'd you are really, really unlucky you will be in grabbing range of @nth london addick
  • Options
    #COMPETITION TIME! We are giving away 2 tickets to the Valley Centenary Dinner hosted by on Sunday, 24th November. Answer the following question, follow us and leave your answer in the comments below: How do you think your #business could work with or use DNEL?

Chance to win two free tickets

Whatever you say, don't mention "key delivery service"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ahhh Rossman you should be privileged. Absolutely fantastic.,
  • Options
    Johnny Williams - 3 weeks until he’s fit to play again, nice chap!

Richard Murray - Tonight and last month “it’s closer than ever” 

Hopefully Micheal Dell and Co🤞

• Options
    Really great night. I was fortunate to be on the table with Jonny Williams and Tracey Leaburn so had a good chat with him. Genuinely nice man and happy to talk. Some good banter between the former players and even former managers and also an interesting comment from Richard Murray stating that whilst he didn’t have any good news at the moment he did feel he was more hopeful than at any time in the past about the ownership change.

time will tell 
  • Options
    Anymore news on Bowyer's illness? 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    iaitch said:
    It's confirmed he has Rolanditis.
    We’ve all been suffering from that.
  • Options
    Anymore news on Bowyer's illness? 
    There’s a bug going around the club apparently. 
  • Options

Michael Dell - is that a guess or was his name mentioned?
  • Options
    Still reading the title as Veterinary Dinner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A great night, wonderful to hear four ex managers speak so fondly of our club, not a club, it's a cause, being one comment. All spoke so eloquently, it's a shame you know who was not forced to be there to hear just how much love there is for the club. Was great to meet Ross, a very nice young man who certainly has lots of knowledge of Charlton,  which proves you don't have to be born here to appreciate our history, just have to be interested. Nice to meet Len Glover and get his autograph, didn't get it at the 60s event, and that of Lennie Lawrence too. Really enjoyed it.  

Can I have your autograph Len?
  • Options
    I see they let Tango man in then.....😀
  • Options
    A really lovely evening,just love hearing the previous managers tell their stories of their time with the club.The John Humphrey-Bob Bolder double act conducting the auction was sheer entertainment,so glad they made over 16000k.Richard Murray,gave us a bit of hope with his short speech at the end,he also showed how much affection,and how proud he his of his involvement in what the club is all about.Give this man a bit of slack,no one really knows what goes on between him and RD.
  • Options
    A really great evening. I was lucky enough to be on Keith's table with Curbs and Lennie Lawrence. Thought Scott hosted the evening really well, especially the Q&A, and was fantastic to meet and speak with some of the other legends there.

Everyone in agreement that the work Bo and JJ are doing to bring the good feeling back to the club is superb.
  • Options
    fantastic evening, lucky enough to be on Bent & Powell table, both really good men with some great stories.
  • Options
    Any new on the really pressing issue?

What was the veggie option?
    No idea what it was, but the lady next to me said it was delicious if that helps.
  • Options
    Any new on the really pressing issue?

What was the veggie option?

That's so 2016, its all about the Vegans now
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Michael Dell - is that a guess or was his name mentioned?
    No name was mentioned however Involved in the Sunderland abortive bid consortium, allegedly fell through based on Academy not being good enough and due diligence.

25th on the Forbes rich list, wishful thinking maybe, but us and makems have a “weird” history don’t we?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-afc-takeover-msd-capital-16802976.amp

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2019/8/22/20811482/huge-news-new-investment-could-be-to-sunderland-details-of-american-consortium-revealed

And of course they are Septic tanks!