Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Derby County | Sat 19 Oct | 3pm KO | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Keep Lyle, pick up another defender or two and you're absolutely right.

Also wouldn't mind Hemed and Kayal finding some match fitness and form.
  • Options
    Great performance and at the game it certainly didnt feel like we only had 38% possession. 
    Pratley, Sarr and Lockyer were excellent. Didnt Lockyer just play in both Wales games aswell? But for the goal alone Connor just pips them for Mom.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Keep Lyle, pick up another defender or two and you're absolutely right.

Also wouldn't mind Hemed and Kayal finding some match fitness and form.
    When you say Defender I presume you mean a Full Back?

Keeping Cullen would be an achievement too
  • Options
    Every week I think it will be the week it goes wrong but every time we get better.  3-0 against a big spending Derby side. Wow, this management team is phenomenal.  How much did that entire squad today cost us?

Bonne   £200K ?
    Sarr.      £2M ?
    Pearce. £1.5M ?
    JFC.     £ ?

All others loans, kids and frees?
    Never in a million years would we have paid £1.5m for Pearce. I think it’s around the £500k mark 
    I’m 99% certain Pearce was signed for £1m.
  • Options
    It would be wonderful if we could retain all of the current squad for the entire season, but to be realistic, Cullen and Taylor are the most likely to depart in January. That is football and nothing stays the same for long. The question is, do we trust Steve Gallen and Lee to find adequate replacements when the time comes? I do and am sure they have already identified the targets they want. The higher placed we are in the league then the greater the pressure will be but the more attractive we become for potential signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every week I think it will be the week it goes wrong but every time we get better.  3-0 against a big spending Derby side. Wow, this management team is phenomenal.  How much did that entire squad today cost us?

Bonne   £200K ?
    Sarr.      £2M ?
    Pearce. £1.5M ?
    JFC.     £ ?

All others loans, kids and frees?
    Never in a million years would we have paid £1.5m for Pearce. I think it’s around the £500k mark 
    I’m 99% certain Pearce was signed for £1m.
    What makes you think that? I believe Ajose was our big money signing that summer and he was definitely under £1m. I can’t imagine Roland paying a seven figure fee for an ageing CB 
  • Options
    Not been able to post until now. Been too busy munching my way through the above following my views on McAuley Bonne after the Swansea game. I doffeth my cap to you sir. 

A complete performance yesterday. At least 7 nine or ten out of ten performers with the rest not far behind. Bet Bielik is wishing he was still part of this although the 30k or whatever a week in his pocket is probably easing his pain a bit. All just goes to show that a big budget isn’t the answer to everything. Mr Cocu isn’t going to last long at this rate. 

The superlatives for Pratley, Gallagher et al are richly deserved. Special mention for Lockyer. Martin and that odious little criminal Lawrence tried their best to wind him up with incessant sniping, treading on his feet etc but he just kept rocking on.  And for JFC of whom I thought we had seen the last after his lamentable performance against Forest Green. New lease of life as a wing back and adds much more than Purrington coming forward. 

A good day to be an Addick. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the highlights! Away in Africa so followed yesterday on dubious wifi. What a performance!!
  • Options
    all been said - great team effort, pratley was outstanding and gallagher obviously but for me cullen shades motm - keeping him in jan is becoming the nr.1 priority for me now, then taylor. bonne has improved so much that taylors absence isn't so huge - be a real shame if we lose cullen and taylor in jan to a competitor because of our ownership issues - we are the perfect club for both of them 
  • Options
    I thought Pratley was at the end of his career when he joined us yet he's been improving ever since and seems to.run non stop. Didn't expect him to work out so well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://youtu.be/JPmyHEXZgD0
    Extended highlights. The first goal really is a beauty from start to finish.

Always interesting to see another club's views on the match, especially in such a one sided match!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I don't think I've stopped telling people how good Gallagher is, the lad is different gravy.

Special mention to Field who I thought was superb yesterday and Kayal looked much more encouraging too. Everyone else was flawless.

I genuinely feel sorry for those still boycotting as this is the best football I've seen us play since the premiership days, and the most enjoyable time I've ever had supporting us.
    Probably Field's best game since joining us.
  • Options
    Pratley looked a genuinely awful player early last season. Big name with declining skills out for an easy street final runout at a lower level. But he’s knuckled down, got fit, got motivated and is now invaluable. He is clearly relishing being back at the standard he is used to and being valued by the management team. That was the first time I’d heard the covered end sing his name yesterday. Says it all. He deserves it. 
    I think 'genuinely awful" is way OTT and straight out of the Leuth school of myopia.
    I think a lot of us recognised what he brought to the side.
    I'd concede that he didn't shine as brightly last season when we were predominantly looking to dictate the play and ask the questions.
    His skill set is perfectly suited to our play this season.
    A real presence and a real leader.
    The big difference is that at the start of last season he looked half a yard short of pace. No lack of effort but his fitness wasn't there so he was continually fouling. He definitely was much better at the end of the season, having a crucial role in the playoffs and now looks in peak physical shape
  • Options
    Any news on Williams injury?