Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WBA Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    14 of us on the 9:15 swinging low
  • Options
    if arriving into New Street there is a pub opposite Snow Hill station, just a few minutes walk away called The Old Contemptible's obvious WW1 connection for me but its a Nicholson's so the food/beer is usually pretty good
    https://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaurants/eastandwestmidlands/theoldcontemptiblesedmundstreetbirmingham# 
  • Options
    Will be there. Bringing a tranmere fan who now sees Charlton as his second team.👍
  • Options
    14 of us on the 9.15 out of Euston.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Driving. I must be mad. Anyone else that stupid?
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

No, just you.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    No @cabbles will be on the coach
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    ChiAddick said:
    No @cabbles will be on the coach
    Left yesterday at 8.30.am
  • Options
    What's it like for parking?
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Yup. That'd be us ! Daughter driving us and 2 eldest grandkids.

I've booked a space in the Sandwell Academy School opposite the ground for £4.95 as per @clive's earlier link. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    if arriving into New Street there is a pub opposite Snow Hill station, just a few minutes walk away called The Old Contemptible's obvious WW1 connection for me but its a Nicholson's so the food/beer is usually pretty good
    https://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaurants/eastandwestmidlands/theoldcontemptiblesedmundstreetbirmingham# 
    A nice pub. Indeed I’m in it at the moment!
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

I've booked a space in the Sandwell Academy School opposite the ground for £4.95 as per @clive's earlier link. 
    You have  a big kiss and cuddle coming your way if I see you tomorrow  xx
  • Options
    Stig said:
    What's it like for parking?
    I vaguely recall the neighbourhood the ground is in being a bit “edgy” last time, might have changed though (I think it was about 15 years ago).
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    ChiAddick said:

Girding my loins for tomorrow as we speak ! 

Going by the forecast, I'll be the one in thigh length waders & a snorkel ! 
    x
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

ok then!!

oh, you were talking to Fanny.  Sorry.

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

ok then!!

oh, you were talking to Fanny.  Sorry.

You to if your that wag inclined. 

It's the way of the world  nowadays  x
  • Options
    If we win tomorrow, I think everyone will be getting kisses and cuddles!
  • Options
    If we win tomorrow, I think everyone will be getting kisses and cuddles!
    I might even  kiss  A Kent  supporter 😘
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Girding my loins for tomorrow as we speak ! 

Going by the forecast, I'll be the one in thigh length waders & a snorkel ! 
    x
    Just stick a swimming costume on
  • Options
    I'll be there on the coach tmrw. Looking forward to it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there on the coach tmrw. Looking forward to it 
    Has kick off been changed to sunday then
  • Options
    There an away pub near ground?
  • Options
    May be of use, some pub advice from a Baggies ST holder who I know through history circles, 

Hi Clive, there are only three pubs within easy walking distance of the ground - the Vine, the Waggon & Horses and the Royal Oak.  They're all away fan friendly but they're very busy on matchdays so my advice is take a drink in Birmingham.  If you're coming to the Hawthorns via Snow Hill then the Old Contemptibles is opposite the station - it's busy and a tad pricey but its got a First World War ambience (it was called the Albion until the 1950s, when the landlord learned that the Birmingham Old Contemptibles association met there once a month).  The food is decent too.

There are a lot of 'towny' bars within easy walking distance of New Street and Snow Hill if you prefer to go exploring. 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Yep.  Golfie Jnr & I. Not sure which way to go. Would usually go M1 / M6 but thinking maybe M40 / M5. 

Thanks to the excellence of peeps on here I saw the link re the Fan's zone & them saw the bit about parking. Used  yourparkingspace for the trip to Reading last month & it was so good knowing I'm not having to find a parking space somewhere, esp if we are late. Now booked into the car park right opposite the ground. Sweet.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

See you in there then Fanny.....😁
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Yep.  Golfie Jnr & I. Not sure which way to go. Would usually go M1 / M6 but thinking maybe M40 / M5. 

Thanks to the excellence of peeps on here I saw the link re the Fan's zone & them saw the bit about parking. Used  yourparkingspace for the trip to Reading last month & it was so good knowing I'm not having to find a parking space somewhere, esp if we are late. Now booked into the car park right opposite the ground. Sweet.
    I'm going m40/m5. I want to watch as much of the rugby as possible but know how bad that stretch can be. 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    A nice pub. Indeed I’m in it at the moment!
    Fook me, you must have left before the Larkfield coach.
  • Options
    Sadly passing this one, safe trip all. 

Up the Addicks 
  • Options
    Being a West Country based fan with young kids, I can't get to the Valley as much as I would like, so tend to go to away games in the Midlands/South West. After Wednesday's heartbreak in Bristol I really fear for a thrashing in the rain later today. Even worse is that I'm keeping quiet in the home end as attending with my partner, her sister and husband who is a Baggies fan. "It will make a nice birthday present for him." she said. After seeing us dropping like flies on Wednesday night, I worry he might enjoy it a bit more than I bargained for.
  • Options
    Not sure which way to go. Would usually go M1 / M6 but thinking maybe M40 / M5. 

Do yourself a favour , I know I’ve said it a few times before but some people can’t be helped ,  anyone driving should get that magnetic thing from Amazon (sorry Prague) and then download that app on phone .
    youll also need a charger in car cos it uses a lot of battery .
    its a no brainer and Can only improve your journey , there are times when an accident has just happened and you can’t get round that but if it has happened earlier it will circumnavigate around the trouble .