Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WBA Roll Call

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Also if a road is closed and  the app doesn’t know then you just have to go another way as you normally would but app will still help , seriously at least  95% of time I’d say it’s a winner over conventional ways of working your route out 
  • Options
    I wonder if @DaisyEdwards is going....
  • Options
    To watch them over paid prima donnas who don’t care that you’ve spent all week working down t’pit whilst they’ve been drinking and eating copious amounts of Champagne and Caviar . 
  • Options
    Anyone got an adult spare? Happy to meet wherever suits best 
  • Options
    To watch them over paid prima donnas who don’t care that you’ve spent all week working down t’pit whilst they’ve been drinking and eating copious amounts of Champagne and Caviar . 
    Bar stewards the lot of 'em.
  • Options
    Not sure which way to go. Would usually go M1 / M6 but thinking maybe M40 / M5. 

Do yourself a favour , I know I’ve said it a few times before but some people can’t be helped ,  anyone driving should get that magnetic thing from Amazon (sorry Prague) and then download that app on phone .
    youll also need a charger in car cos it uses a lot of battery .
    its a no brainer and Can only improve your journey , there are times when an accident has just happened and you can’t get round that but if it has happened earlier it will circumnavigate around the trouble .

I do have sat nav & it updates me with traffic problems ahead. As you say, once on a particular road it not always that easy to get off it. 
  • Options
    Golfaddick if you’re using google maps or waze or tomtom then they’re the best for live updates 
    the inbuilt ones in cars are not as up to date and with it as these apps are 
  • Options
    14 of us on the 9:15 swinging low
    I’m guessing that’s why they call you the sonic stud? 😀 
  • Options
    Enjoy the game all those going. Hope it does not rain for the entire afternoon
  • Options
    My daughter lived up there for a few years. M40 M5 was always best roadworks permitting of course!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So any pubs in birmingham busy yet?
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    May be of use, some pub advice from a Baggies ST holder who I know through history circles, 

Hi Clive, there are only three pubs within easy walking distance of the ground - the Vine, the Waggon & Horses and the Royal Oak.  They're all away fan friendly but they're very busy on matchdays so my advice is take a drink in Birmingham.  If you're coming to the Hawthorns via Snow Hill then the Old Contemptibles is opposite the station - it's busy and a tad pricey but its got a First World War ambience (it was called the Albion until the 1950s, when the landlord learned that the Birmingham Old Contemptibles association met there once a month).  The food is decent too.

There are a lot of 'towny' bars within easy walking distance of New Street and Snow Hill if you prefer to go exploring. 
    Cheers for the info. Went in the Royal Oak. Standing room only but ok.
  • Options
    M40 m5 was slow in places but ok in general.
  • Options
    Not sure which way to go. Would usually go M1 / M6 but thinking maybe M40 / M5. 

Do yourself a favour , I know I’ve said it a few times before but some people can’t be helped ,  anyone driving should get that magnetic thing from Amazon (sorry Prague) and then download that app on phone .
    youll also need a charger in car cos it uses a lot of battery .
    its a no brainer and Can only improve your journey , there are times when an accident has just happened and you can’t get round that but if it has happened earlier it will circumnavigate around the trouble .

I do have sat nav & it updates me with traffic problems ahead. As you say, once on a particular road it not always that easy to get off it. 
    I run both at same time, Waze is quicker identifying new road conditions and hazards and any mobile speed trap alerts.