Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm surprised everyone is certain that we don't have a deal sheet in play?
    Just going by Cawley's tweets...

Also Southall has tweeted thanking the Management team for their efforts so definitely sounds like we're done
  • Options
    I am pretty happy all in all. 

Hopefully push on now and hopefully summer recruitment planning can't start now 
  • Options
    I'll get pelters for this but I'm not having it, something doesn't sit right with me with Southall. It's just my view but I think he needs work big time on his social media. 

I understand that Davis is a very decent loan signing, McGeady could be lethal and the City kid could be another gem. But ultimately the bloke prick teased a whole fan base for over a day and made out like there would be something bigger. 3 loan signings of that quality isn't 'super duper' or whatever term is was he used. 

Each to their own and I appreciate it's better than Roland and I'm not sitting here saying I want change but I can't help but speak my mind. I'm not a fan so far.

Tin had at the ready 
     I know what you mean.

I'll put it down to him being a bit green at all this, but I do have some concerns.
  • Options
    Loans or permanent signings , it doesn't matter in the short term. Loan signings are not free , and we have got quality players in. MS has done a good job in my opinion. I back LB and if he's happy I'm happy
    Just a shame that the loans will result in another summer of rebuilding

On the flip note, players will be available for more reasonable prices - More players will be available too what with teams having longer to scout replacements rather than hoping for a domino effect

Get a good nights sleep Stevie Gallen... Prep for the summer starts tomorrow I bet!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What’s a deal sheet?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    So are we done tonight? 

Taylor can still sign for Rangers in the next 50 minutes

Sam, behave yourself.
    I was just beginning to chill.
  • Options
    There must have been quite a big signing that just didn't come off, surely? 3 loanees when we already have 3 and no money being spent doesn't seem like the endgame MS had planned
  • Options
    So out of our current midfield we could only have 2 of them still here in summer if Williams doesn’t sign a new deal. Shambles. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What’s a deal sheet?
    Its a sheet with data on it ;)
  • Options
    I pray to god Lockyer stays fit.

a long run of games with Pearce and Sarr holding the fort could be curtains.
    Oshilaja and Pratley can fill that roll. 
  • Options
    So out of our current midfield we could only have 2 of them still here in summer if Williams doesn’t sign a new deal. Shambles. 

Don't worry, Matt has promised to spend £77.5 million in the next window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    There must have been quite a big signing that just didn't come off, surely? 3 loanees when we already have 3 and no money being spent doesn't seem like the endgame MS had planned
    Thats my other thought, was there someone else yet being so late the selling club just refused to budge because it would have screwed them over too
  • Options
    If you take off the rose tinted glasses of new owners that’s an awful window. Highly doubt it’d be an awful lot different under Roland. Southall looks incredibly stupid. 
    I’d say losing Taylor, Phillips, Doughty and possibly Bowyer would be an awful lot different. And that’s how it would have looked under Roland today. 
    Roland only ever sold players in January, to cover losses.  To suggest we would have sold the only 3 players we have that are actually worth anything is not true.  
  • Options
    I think the big unanswered question on everyone’s lips is how was the poolside African bongo band @DOUCHER ?
    Banging
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Happy that we've kept Lyle & signed McGeady. Davis is ok but Smith....?? 

I wonder what people would have thought if RD had signed 6 loanees knowing that every week (if everyone is fit) then 1 is being paid to just sit in the stands. 

I just hope to god that Taylor & Bonne stay fit as their back-ups wont score enough to keep us up. 3 signings & they are all midfielders. Cant wait until our next manager is an ex-striker.....😁
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I pray to god Lockyer stays fit.

a long run of games with Pearce and Sarr holding the fort could be curtains.
    Oshilaja and Pratley can fill that roll. 
     They could probably play in goal as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    The question mark for me is: the owner clearly has money. Matt was talking the talk. 
    Yet it sounds like we put a low bid in for JCH and couldn’t do a deal with Maddison.
    Plus ESI haven’t bought the club in its entirety (Valley etc)

I k ow Jan is a precarious time to buy but I’m left wondering what money these guys have got and are willing to part with. 

A few question marks for me.  
  • Options
    Davis is a good signing but what’s the point of Matt smith ? He won’t get much game time. 
  • Options
    Never mind all that. Will we now beat Millwall ?
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    Good transfer window, but spoiled by MS, who hyped and raised hopes when he didn't have to. (Dick)
    Taking it all far too serious mate no?Insulting an engaging new chairman?! Good window. Bowyer now has a fuller squad to manage, and options as players get back to fitness. We have a good set of players that can take on any team in this league when they are fit. Some people on here seem to want to replace the lot of them! How naive. Awaiting any late late shock news but Taylor staying is not to be under- appreciated too. Really, what is not to like? Looking forward to tomorrow.

Fair play to you. Your opinnion. To me It was not an insult to new chairman. Engaging he maybe, but there was no need for hype and bullshitting. This just raised expectations. He didn't need or have to do that. Looks a twat in my book......obviously not yours.