Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    We have essentially just signed. $3m + striker in Lyle. 

• Options
    Evaluate this window without trying to shoehorn a reference to Roland in and it's as weak a window as you could possibly hope for from a team that's apparently got a super rich backer and a chairman who blew a lot of smoke up his own arse and everyone lapped it up.

I mean, ESI have invested barely any money whatsoever because he's not bought the freehold of The Valley or Sparrows Lane and instead acquired the liabilities... BUT on the positive side HE has posted the club badge onto his instagram account, which is more important I'm sure you'll agree.

Ultimately if we stay up, the season is a success. It will be an absolute slog. So let's hope The Valley is rocking tomorrow.
  • Options
    Given the position we are in, today's business seems reasonable enough. No idea if Davis and Smith will be any good for us but I trust Bows and Gallen.

I appreciate having a chairman who communicates with fans, but I found him a bit embarrassing today. That's just me, I know others feel differently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I pray to god Lockyer stays fit.

a long run of games with Pearce and Sarr holding the fort could be curtains.
    Oshilaja and Pratley can fill that roll. 
     They could probably play in goal as well.
    Not as far as I know. Both have played CB this season and done well. Versatility. 
  • Options
    Not too worried about not signing Maddison.  On talent alone yes, but if the wages weren't good enough fine.  I'd be happy as with the last fair few windows if we'd get James Henry.  He scores similar amounts in third tier, but proven in the champ to cross and assist in the top ranks.

How Bowyer plays 3 CFs work, but you need lot's of midfielders and some of them need to fill defensive holes.  Tomorrow is the test.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The squad has pretty much the same make up as it did at the end of the last window.  Plus Matthew, Oztumer and McGeady. 

That's obviously by design.  I said then I thought we were a striker and and top center half short.  Possibly still are. 

The midfield injuries we had were unbelievable really. 

If MS hadn't banged on about it I would be pleased, but not over joyed, with that window.

As a whole window 7/10
    Compared to what MS banged on about 4/10
    Perhaps there was ‘one that got away’? That would explain the tweets. 
    However, I suspect if Matt is still around in ten years he’ll be far more circumspect. 
    I think if it had happened in silence, or under Roland, a lot more people would be a lot more positive. 

I am not disappointed in the deals, per say, more against what we were led to believe was possible. 

Now MS needs to get the contracts for the "assets" sorted, remember Bowyer said that 18 months ago.  MS has already said its a priority let's see if he can deliver. 
  • Options
    I'm back from the pub, and Lyle is still here.

That alone means that I am very happy and that we will stay up.

Now we also have a stronger midfield, I have no doubts whatsoever.

Bring on the summer.........I have feeling that that is when it will get very interesting and we will know where our club is going in the next few years.
  • Options
    We have essentially just signed. $3m + striker in Lyle. 

That’ll be the transfer window that Flanders is looking through i guess. 
  • Options
    I’m not even sure the whole Maddison thing was entirely genuine.
    Bit of back scratching going on between McAnthony and his old mate Southall.

Southall gets some fan brownie points by appearing to be interested in signing him,... when he never really was ( what happened to that £2.5million?)

And McAnthony sees the premium go up and draws a few in. Which seems to have failed spectacularly.
    Was 100% genuine, came very close to signing him 
  • Options
    I’m not even sure the whole Maddison thing was entirely genuine.
    Bit of back scratching going on between McAnthony and his old mate Southall.

Southall gets some fan brownie points by appearing to be interested in signing him,... when he never really was ( what happened to that £2.5million?)

And McAnthony sees the premium go up and draws a few in. Which seems to have failed spectacularly.
    I have said for years that something like this could possibly happen between chairman. 

Chairman 1 wants his fans to think his club is going to be active in the transfer market.

Chairman 2 wants his fans to think that although they haven't got any money to spend they can at least keep hold of the players they have.

Chairmen agree to put out a story that Chairman 1 has bid £xxx for a certain player belonging to Chairman 2 but Chairman 2 is adamant that said player is going nowhere. Nothing happens & player stays. Chairman 1 tells his fans......."I did the best I could, but they wouldn't budge". Chairman 2 says to his fans....."I stood up to them & didnt sell".

Win/win. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just tuned back in to catch up on the exciting news from the Chairman's supa dupa phone.

Please rearrange these four words into a well know phrase or sentence.

Climax. Anti. What. A.  
  • Options
    When your "biggest piece of business" is not losing your best player, you know you are aiming too low, as a club.

I think it depends on how important your best player is to your Season goal. No one at the club has claimed that is anything other than staying up.
  • Options
    Bowyer said we hadn't even bid 1 million for anyone.

Maddison was not signing a new contract at Peterborough and was not going to play for them ever again. I bet they took whatever they could get. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Leko - Green
    Gallagher - Mcgeady
    Kayal - Smith
    Ledley - Davis

Haven't lost any numbers to the squad and Smith and Davis should be more reliable options due to not being injured or Ledley.

Not an amazing window but not a disaster either.
  • Options
    Still cant believe we spent no money either and it was just loans 
    How many Championship, or even Premier League teams did 'spend money' yesterday?