Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Now that explains a lot - why we didn't get Bostock and had a last minute dash to get Smith and Davies; the reason we couldn't get Parrott and finally a double knock back from Watford and then WBA when Watford overpriced Quina's loan to us and WBA which had a knock on efffect of us being unable to get Rakeem Harper from WBA.
    For me keeping Taylor, getting Mcready and Davies are big pluses, and of course signing LB and SG, with just JJ to agree. Overall I reckon ESI have played it sensibly and I look forward to seeing how things now unfold.....its time for positivity and see where we finish this season. This is now a new era, its time we ALL embraced it and let the new owners go about their business.
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Davis is a good signing but what’s the point of Matt smith ? He won’t get much game time. 
    If anything he is the most essential player. Only genuine box-to-box midfielder. Cant see us playing a diamond without him tbh.
    But who will he play instead of when everyone is fit?

If Cullen and Pratley/Davis take 2 of the midfield spaces, that still leaves Field, JFC, Williams, Green, McGeady, Doughty, Aneke, Oztumer as midfield or attacking midfield options.

If we play 4231 I can't see Smith as a first choice part of the 2 or the 3?
    Can't you see we needed a squad ?
    Bowyer needed 22 players who will all be  ready for selection. Lee wanted the headache of who to leave out. 
    Two strikers at home is imperative till the end of season.

We have a massive squad of midfielders, and I've not even included Morgan. Whereas if Lyle is injured, we're struggling. If Purrington was injured, we have no proper left back cover - Doughty is more of a winger/wing back
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Davis is a good signing but what’s the point of Matt smith ? He won’t get much game time. 
    If anything he is the most essential player. Only genuine box-to-box midfielder. Cant see us playing a diamond without him tbh.
    But who will he play instead of when everyone is fit?

If Cullen and Pratley/Davis take 2 of the midfield spaces, that still leaves Field, JFC, Williams, Green, McGeady, Doughty, Aneke, Oztumer as midfield or attacking midfield options.

If we play 4231 I can't see Smith as a first choice part of the 2 or the 3?
    If we play the diamond I am pretty sure he will play the Gallagher role.

No one else has the engine to go box to box and its essential in a diamond. Agree if we go 4231 he will be a rotation option at best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Toulouse have lost their last 14 games in all competitions. Let’s hope they carry on that excellent run of form. Ridiculous from what is meant to be a professional club. 
    convenient to blame toulouse - probably is the case as the french can be very stubborn but just wonder if there was an issue with the medical ?? doubt it but wouldn't entirely surprise me as admin excuse seems strange   
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    Toulouse have lost their last 14 games in all competitions. Let’s hope they carry on that excellent run of form. Ridiculous from what is meant to be a professional club. 
    convenient to blame toulouse - probably is the case as the french can be very stubborn but just wonder if there was an issue with the medical ?? doubt it but wouldn't entirely surprise me as admin excuse seems strange   
    No issue, he completed and passed his medical and waiting at the training ground. Toulouse couldn’t be bothered/refused to do the paperwork. He won’t be there in the summer, that’s for sure.
  • Options
    Explains Bowyers “relying only favours” comment.

January transfer market is a feeding frenzy. All we needed was enough to keep us. Doesn’t matter if we finish 21st or 12th, the end result is the same. Better business to be done in the summer. 

Time will tell, but I’ve never thought we are going down this season, and I still don’t. 
    In a funny sort of way it could help Forest if Bostock had helped us to points against their competitors for the play offs. 

It certainly explains Bowyer's comments. It is also short sighted from Toulouse. Surely it would be better from a resale point of view for him to be playing rather than being a forgotten man at Forest. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I assume we are all super happy that ESI decided that this transfer window was sooooo important that they decided not to actually buy the ground or Sparrows Lane at the moment but to concentrate on strengthening the squad.

RIght-o. 
    You are soooo good at this!
    The window was massive.
    Bows would have left before the sale if our Chairman had not intervened IMO.
    Taylor would have buggered off.
    Fans would not be so engaged.
    Roland would still own us
    Docherty would have gone IMO
    We would be going down.

The new owners will own it all lock stock and barrel in a couple of months. The training ground will be built to the highest specifications, the squad will be improved, fans will return.

Hold my hand, I will help you through this.

COYR “ the only way is up, baby”.

& they're going to do all this with no money
  • Options
    Sage said:

You didn't fancy squeezing in that Toulouse pun again? :-)
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I assume we are all super happy that ESI decided that this transfer window was sooooo important that they decided not to actually buy the ground or Sparrows Lane at the moment but to concentrate on strengthening the squad.

RIght-o. 
    You are soooo good at this!
    The window was massive.
    Bows would have left before the sale if our Chairman had not intervened IMO.
    Taylor would have buggered off.
    Fans would not be so engaged.
    Roland would still own us
    Docherty would have gone IMO
    We would be going down.

The new owners will own it all lock stock and barrel in a couple of months. The training ground will be built to the highest specifications, the squad will be improved, fans will return.

Hold my hand, I will help you through this.

COYR “ the only way is up, baby”.

& they're going to do all this with no money
    Massive assumption there that they have “no money”.
  • Options
    Much better from Hemed. 
  • Options
    Pratley is out on his feet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If that foul was on Taylor he gets a free kick. Hemed gets nothing. Funny how some strikers can convince refs they’re being fouled and are others are always judged to be making a meal of it. 
  • Options
    @Exiled_Addick Think you got the wrong thread mate
  • Options
    Sage said:

You didn't fancy squeezing in that Toulouse pun again? :-)
    The quality of good humour is timing and not over doing it, I’m happy with my wit from yesterday :smile:
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    @Exiled_Addick Think you got the wrong thread mate
    Hangovers are a terrible thing. 
  • Options
    Anyone else open  Charlton life up hoping to see  a Sticky of 

**** Welcome Nobby Wankchops signed on 3 year contract**** 

or *** Terry Fuckwit on loan till end of the season***

and you get naff all come on heer and there's fuck all as well , we have new owners and the same budgetary expectancy for now , whooopee as predicted the dullest takeover in history 

the skintest abu dhabi owners in history

still the old scrote goes(well partially for now)  so i'm happy to be amongst all things Charlton again
    if we sign him then @ElfsborgAddick will get name on the back of his shirt for sure.

Whoever lol'd this silly comment will be tracked down.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    How refreshing is it to have a chairman like this......!
    Well this is awkward....
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/VitalCharlton/

Rumours we might get Jordan Rhodes as he is out of contract, not sure when he would be available, but mad to think he is only the same age as Lyle Taylor!