Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macaulay Bonne - heart problem?

Comments

• Options
    Good luck, Macca. Really hope it is easily treated if anything found.
  • Options
    Thinking of you, Macca & hoping the hospital visit is purely precautionary. 

Everything crossed for positive news soon.
  • Options
    I'm hoping it's just heartburn :smile:
    Best wishes to Macaulay.
  • Options
    Here's an article from the Herald (Zimbabwe newspaper) which talks about Bonne, the situation with regards to a future call-up from the Three Lions, comparing him to Jamie Vardy and talking about his blistering form. 

https://www.herald.co.zw/warriors-were-close-to-losing-hitman-bonne-to-the-three-lions-of-england/ 

But it all seems to have started from an article written for Talk Sport, where Anton Stanley says "several top clubs continue to keep an eye on Bonne following his recent upturn in form"

https://talksport.com/football/efl/625358/charlton-macauley-bonne-international-future-zimbabwe-passport/
  • Options
    I recall Asa Hartford dream move to Leeds being stopped on the discovery of a heart condition.  This is what happened instead.

Richard Asa Hartford (born 24 October 1950) is a Scottish former football player and coach. He started his professional career with West Bromwich Albion. His early progress led to a proposed transfer to Leeds United in November 1971, but this collapsed when a medical examination discovered a heart condition. Hartford instead moved to Manchester City in 1974. He helped City win the 1976 League Cup Final. After a brief spell with Nottingham Forest, Hartford moved to Everton in 1979 and then had a second spell with Manchester City. After playing for Fort Lauderdale Sun, Hartford joined Norwich City. His shot resulted in the only goal of the 1985 League Cup Final.

Hartford was also a regular in the Scotland national team, earning 50 caps between 1972 and 1982. He was selected for the Scotland squads in the 1978 and 1982 World Cups. Towards the end of his playing career, Hartford became a coach. He was the player/manager of Stockport County and Shrewsbury Town. Since retiring as a player, Hartford has worked in a variety of coaching and scouting roles.

James Taylor, england batsman had to retire with immediate effect after finding out he had a heart condition. Same with Manuel Almunia.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed all OK for him. 
  • Options
    Terrible for him and his family. Wish him the best of luck and just hoping he will be OK.
  • Options
    Absolutely wishing him all the best.

Wonder why nothing showed up on our medical? Guess it may have developed recently??

Some of the Zim fan comments are ludicrous, but sadly that's social media for you.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    How awful for him, I really hope it all turns out okay. Surely we’d have given him a heart scan during a medical? 
  • Options
    Surprised he wouldn't have had scans in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish Macca all the best of luck, at least he is in good hands and I am confident things will be okay. I am sure if there is anything to report, the club will do so through the right channels. He’ll be alright though.

Having an atypical RBBB myself, I was under the hospital at the beginning of the year but am now fine, this all came after being made by my girlfriend to go to the hospital after having some chest pains. It wasn’t nice. But ultimately, Bonne has a great support group around him including those at the club. In a way, if ever these things were to happen to anyone, being a professional athlete is arguably one of the nicest because they’ll be right on top of it very quickly. 
  • Options
    All the best macca 
  • Options
    We had a French bloke once, who had health problems as a youth.
    He was fantastic for us.
    Some useless CEO (regardless of gender) sold him for peanuts.
    Too true, sadly. 
  • Options
    I heard its something to do with playing in excess heat so fingers crossed it won't effect us too badly 
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    I heard its something to do with playing in excess heat so fingers crossed it won't effect us too badly 
    Well as it's cold in England atm, can you explain a bit better please?
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Don't take it as gospel because im not entirely sure if true or not but im good friends with one of the main data analysts at Blackpool and he made a passing comment when I ran into him today about something he had heard on the grapevine from somebody else within the business. Something along the lines of something being picked up that if he trains above a certain temperature his heart doesn't cope as it should. I didn't pry further considering I only saw him in passing but thought it was worth mentioning. If I see him again before the actual details are revealed I'll try and find out more. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Surely Malaga in June/July is very hot, did Bonne go away with the team??
  • Options
    Cant really see it clearly but is that Bonne hiding at the back, if so he was in Malaga so cant see heat being an issue

• Options
    Fingers crossed for Macauley that this condition doesn't affect what is turning out to be a very promising career. Putting aside the interests of the club and us as fans, I am so glad this has been spotted. Let's hope it's something that can be dealt with and he can resume playing.
    This brings to mind what happened to Andy Hunt, again at a time when his career had taken a marked upturn.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    LTKapal said:
    Don't take it as gospel because im not entirely sure if true or not but im good friends with one of the main data analysts at Blackpool and he made a passing comment when I ran into him today about something he had heard on the grapevine from somebody else within the business. Something along the lines of something being picked up that if he trains above a certain temperature his heart doesn't cope as it should. I didn't pry further considering I only saw him in passing but thought it was worth mentioning. If I see him again before the actual details are revealed I'll try and find out more. 
    It seems a very random thing to make up so i've no reason to doubt this analyst guy but............the weather in Zimbabwe now is no higher than mid 20s. As others have said it would've been hotter during pre season.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    LTKapal said:
    LTKapal said:
    It seems a very random thing to make up so i've no reason to doubt this analyst guy but............the weather in Zimbabwe now is no higher than mid 20s. As others have said it would've been hotter during pre season.
    That is perfectly justified, I don't wish to start a pointless rumour either so id just take it as a theory till I see him next and clarify as to what it is or who he heard it from.( either Thursday or next Sunday)

As for the pre season thing, am I misremembering or did he go home as a result of the orient managers passing? 
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    He'll only be able to play for us between October and March.
  • Options
    Hope he’s all right, any idea of when we’ll get an update of his progress?
  • Options
    Cant really see it clearly but is that Bonne hiding at the back, if so he was in Malaga so cant see heat being an issue

Different types of heat though - I've been abroad where its so hot and humid my glasses have steamed up

Zimbabwe and Zambia (where they play their second game) are a lot closer to the equator too
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Am i living in a parallel universe , surely the condition has only recently been diagnosed so wouldn't have been known about for the pre season trip , hence he went on it 
    I agree bit doubt it's even got as far as being diagnosed yet. Seems to me like they are investigating. Let's hope it turns out to be something not to worry about.