Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macaulay Bonne - heart problem?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Unless it got brought up whilst he was getting the usual health checks before travelling to Africa

He's had endless issues being able to represent Zimbabwe (despite having a few caps) as only just received his passport which allowed him to play in competitive games - After all his previous appearances for Zimbabwe were back in 2017, dont know how often you need to get your jabs done when going out there but could have been a reason surely?

Or it could be a freak incident thats brought it up... i.e. If he got a wack against Millwall and the pain hasnt gone away, imagine he'll have gone to the Hospital to get it checked out where the deeper issue has been found

Is similar to what happened to me this summer, fell over @ Wembley when Bauer scored and had sore ribs for a few days after... About a month later the pain suddenly flaired up and was in agony at times one Saturday, decided to go to A&E where thankfully it was nothing serious but regardless got hooked up to the machines to ensure it wasnt anything heart related
  • Options
    Am i living in a parallel universe , surely the condition has only recently been diagnosed so wouldn't have been known about for the pre season trip , hence he went on it 
    Don't you come on here using logic and common sense Oohaa where's the fun in that for the rest of the day 😉.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Glad I never fell over celebrating at Wembley FA, next stop would been into the lower tier from a great height and no more RC😱. Glad you got sorted 👍.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    LTKapal said:
    I heard its something to do with playing in excess heat so fingers crossed it won't effect us too badly 
    Well as it's cold in England atm, can you explain a bit better please?
    Don't take it as gospel because im not entirely sure if true or not but im good friends with one of the main data analysts at Blackpool and he made a passing comment when I ran into him today about something he had heard on the grapevine from somebody else within the business. Something along the lines of something being picked up that if he trains above a certain temperature his heart doesn't cope as it should. I didn't pry further considering I only saw him in passing but thought it was worth mentioning. If I see him again before the actual details are revealed I'll try and find out more. 
    It seems a very random thing to make up so i've no reason to doubt this analyst guy but............the weather in Zimbabwe now is no higher than mid 20s. As others have said it would've been hotter during pre season.
      Summer is just about to start, and at this time of year average temperatures are above 30.  I was in S Africa/Gauteng last month and there was a heat wave where it was 35+, said to be hotter in Zimbabwe.  Looks like it's unusually cooler at the moment.  
  • Options
    Unless it got brought up whilst he was getting the usual health checks before travelling to Africa

He's had endless issues being able to represent Zimbabwe (despite having a few caps) as only just received his passport which allowed him to play in competitive games - After all his previous appearances for Zimbabwe were back in 2017, dont know how often you need to get your jabs done when going out there but could have been a reason surely?

Or it could be a freak incident thats brought it up... i.e. If he got a wack against Millwall and the pain hasnt gone away, imagine he'll have gone to the Hospital to get it checked out where the deeper issue has been found

Is similar to what happened to me this summer, fell over @ Wembley when Bauer scored and had sore ribs for a few days after... About a month later the pain suddenly flaired up and was in agony at times one Saturday, decided to go to A&E where thankfully it was nothing serious but regardless got hooked up to the machines to ensure it wasnt anything heart related
    as he played at Millwall on Saturday surely it's an issue that has arisen since then, watching Naby Saar's defending wouldn't have helped ….
  • Options
    Cant really see it clearly but is that Bonne hiding at the back, if so he was in Malaga so cant see heat being an issue

I'm in a state of shock that Lewis Page managed to get on and off a plane without rupturing something
    I’ve noticed that he always is fit enough to turn up at social occasions. 
  • Options
    Surprised Harry Lennon didn’t get an invite...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great news, looking forward to seeing him play with Taylor
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Great news for us and even better news for him. Also glad to read all players regularly undergo cardiac testing. Would like to think this is mandatory given recent tragedies. 
    Yeah was great reading that bit

Hopefully its something all clubs have to do and not just something we're choosing to do in the light of past events
  • Options
    think all the players wear monitors in every game, at least that's what I think those black vest things are
  • Options
    think all the players wear monitors in every game, at least that's what I think those black vest things are
    They're just for the analysts arent they?

i.e. to track how the players are doing rather than acting as a warning should the heart rate become dangerous
  • Options
    They're just for the analysts arent they?

i.e. to track how the players are doing rather than acting as a warning should the heart rate become dangerous
    Some clubs have things like heart rate monitors and other things in them. Bot sure if ours do or not.

This stuff wont be monitored live but will be looked at by the sports scientists post event.
  • Options
    Great news and must be a massive relief for him.

Fraustrating that lapslie is out of the Cardiff match. With no Pratley, Field, JFC I fancied him to start saturday. Not sure who will be base of the diamond now. Oshilaja?
  • Options

Fraustrating that lapslie is out of the Cardiff match. With no Pratley, Field, JFC I fancied him to start saturday. Not sure who will be base of the diamond now. Oshilaja?
    Kayal I reckon with Cullen / Gallagher either side

Can then go Oztumer behind the Strikers
  • Options

Agree that is looking likely but that doesnt provide much cover for the back 4 and leaves nothing on the bench to change the game. Unless Chucks is fit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news, Roland can now sell Taylor in the January transfer window for a belated crimbo present as he has a drop in replacement.
  • Options

Isn't Cullen more defensive than Kayal? 
  • Options
    Massive relief that Bonne is fit as it means we won't have to rush Taylor back if he's not ready to start
  • Options
    I hope this means Bonne will get another opportunity to play for Zimbabwe, because clearly this means a lot to him, when you bear in mind the passport issues he had to overcome to show eligibility.
  • Options
    And breath!
    Delighted to hear this.
  • Options
    good news
  • Options
    Good news for Macca and for us.