Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Controversial Maybe But Did Meire Get Stuff Right Even If By Luck Rather Than Judgement?

Poyet allowed to leave without a contract no longer playing, Gomez sold for £3.5m but has been the scouse Lewis Page ever since, Lookman sold for a possible £11m and now lost in Germany rather than France with apologies to Bonnie Tyler.

In the word of the great Nolly discuss.

Comments

• Options
    No.  Next stupid question please.
  • Options
    You're just fishing for likes Len.
  • Options
    Rather like you fishing for lols ;)
  • Options
    Look at it another way...

Diego is happy doing what He's doing.
    Joe is playing for England and worth at least £50million in today's transfer market.
    Ademola is plying his trade abroad and has an age group world cup winners medal.

Did Katrien influence any of these instances. No. She was out of her depth, and still is today having been an abject failure everywhere. Her parents must be proud...not!
  • Options
    Absolutely not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    She was hopeless and massively out of her depth. That we're better with NO CEO says it all.

To be fair though, in terms of those 3 instances, the Lookman fee was decent, the Poyet contract situation was more the fault of the Spivs, and I suspect her hands were tied with the Gomez transfer. The way the transfer happened with no sign of any bidding war or interest from the likes of Spurs and Arsenal makes me suspect that there was a clause in his contract, which he wouldn't have signed otherwise. These days players and agents have a lot of power, e.g. this story on the BBC Gossip page today

West Brom fear they may have to sell full-back Nathan Ferguson in January to avoid losing him for minimal compensation when his contract expires next summer. The 19-year-old has been linked with Tottenham and Crystal Palace. (Mail)

• Options
    The only decision she got right was leaving but to be honest that wasn't exactly right because she should have left the day she started. 
  • Options
    Gr8 b8 m8
  • Options
    The sofa says it all. 
  • Options
    This is a confused approach.  
  • Options
    she was way out of her depth. Didnt last very long at the massives either did she? Just a shame a few of the other hangers on at the club haven’t followed suit and fucked off too
  • Options

she was lazy, had no interest in our fan base, ignored emails, even polite ones from fans, bought shit players to the club on long contracts, hired terrible managers, sold good players for a pittance.  Put a picture of the wrong player on the screen for a minutes applause, played house music, ran up debts and many other things I have now forgotten.
    Yeah, but besides that! 😂😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Managed to convince me and other family members to give up our season tickets, I can’t see any positives from her tenure at the club, in at the deep end springs to mind, lack of previous experience was very telling.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Rather like you fishing for lols ;)
    If we're talking about fishing for LOLs, I think @SantaClaus has got nothing on @hoof_it_up_to_benty on the Trump thread.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    The sofa says it all. 
    Wasn't that an ABBA song?
    SOS was more appropriate the longer she stuck around. 
  • Options
    I think Lens account has been hacked !
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I think Lens account has been hacked !
    Glad Berwick managed a win today! Promotion at the first attempt looks a big, big ask though even with games in hand.

Account not hacked but those 3 players have not kicked on as thought for different reasons, although they are still young enough to in the future, so on a quiet weekend I thought it a valid question to ask nearly 2 years on from her departure.

I was no fan of Meire. Her sneering comments about the Club's history and 'old' fans alienated me from virtually day 1 of her tenure regardless of anything else she did or didn't do.