Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Cardiff | Sat 23 Nov | 12:30 KO | Match thread

Comments

• Options
    Great counter attack that. Bonne having a very good game 
  • Options
    Leko - will fluff 20 chances before he gets the one. 
  • Options
    No idea what their midfielder was doing following Leko past the defensive line. He would have been offside if he’d let him go
  • Options
    Leko good goal.
  • Options
    OK lads, so is it time to board the Macauley Bonne is not living up to expectations train next?
  • Options
    How in God's name are we 2 up ?
  • Options
    Time wasting for the ages second half please lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a great goal! And great assist.
  • Options
    I know we haven’t been great but we could be more than 2 up.

Must be scary as a Cardiff fan as were missing arguably our 3 most influential players.
  • Options
    How in God's name are we 2 up ?
    Not a clue
  • Options
    Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant counter with Oztumer judging it perfectly. I love watching his head snapping in every direction as he runs on the ball looking for options. Good run and strike from Leko too. Just before that a high ball fell to Leko and he misjudged it and ran past it while it bounced on to a Cardiff player. That's what he'll do, he's not a brilliant footballer, but he's too fast for defenders to track easily and if you give him a great ball like that he just might put it in. Great bit of play all round
  • Options
    I still maintain that that was poor defensive play from Marlon Pack but Leko took advantage well.
  • Options
    I still maintain that that was poor defensive play from Marlon Pack but Leko took advantage well.
    Sure, the tracking was poor, but Leko's run and his pace forced the issue. Football is essentially decided by who makes the fewest mistakes, and the more you force the better you'll do
  • Options
    Half time thoughts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leko feels like the new Callum Harriott. Frustrating player who can flash brilliantly but very inconsistent.
  • Options
    Half time thoughts?
    Utterly jammy, but I'll take that. Bit worried if they get an early goal that we'll crumble second half though.
  • Options
    For those in the ground, is it as flat as it’s coming across on the telly?

i know they are muffling virtually all the crowd. noise, but it still feels a lot quieter than normal?
  • Options
    See... Told you a cause will never look lost whilst Bowyer is in charge!!

Told you all too that when teams play Football against us we'll beat them more easily compared to those who match us for physicality

Bonne has been immense this half truly has
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oztumer has been absolutely brilliant today and if you can't see that you really have no idea tbh
    Mixed. Pretty frustrating at times, but I know you like to deal in absolutes. 
  • Options
    Sure, the tracking was poor, but Leko's run and his pace forced the issue. Football is essentially decided by who makes the fewest mistakes, and the more you force the better you'll do
    Fair enough point. I just don’t understand why he followed him past his own line of defenders, effectively nullifying their shape.

If he holds the line then it’s a lot more difficult for Oztumer to time that pass through the defensive line.
  • Options
    Oztumer doesn't seem to have the vision Williams has, but no reason he can't improve that over time. Few times he's been a bit slow to make the pass which Williams would have done. He has everything else though and definitely should start going forward
  • Options
    Personally think we look better than them and have proven it with two good goals...

What makes them good? The teamwork in the build up to both has been fantastic.
  • Options
    Oshilaja has played some lovely balls a few times. Matthews has looked solid but seems to be holding himself back at times (hamstring issues?).

Oz has been brilliant and Conor is everywhere. Bonne is so good at holding the ball up and finding the pass. Leko-1st non deflected goal? Took it excellently.
  • Options
    Gallagher, Bonne and Oz looking good and we are dangerous when attacking. 

They must have 75% possession but no real threat as yet. 

Leko ... well, what more can be said! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!