Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Cardiff | Sat 23 Nov | 12:30 KO | Match thread

Comments

• It’s a good job our defence has given them near nothing. Pearce and Lockyer have been immense. Our counter-attacking has been really good and if Leko can stop buggering up that final ball we could have had at least one more goal. Pleased though that Leko mugged everybody off 😆
  • What are the words for the leko song... i can never seem to catch it right
  • I think Matthews has played quality.. wins a lot of his duals.
  • aliwibble said:
    Addicktion, clearly you are not old enough to remember the young Carl Leaburn :-)
    Haha called that spot on, was only 3 by the time he left us 
  • What are the words for the leko song... i can never seem to catch it right
    Here you go:
    Voulez-vous (ah-ha)
    take it now or leave it (ah-ha)
    now is all we get (ah-ha)
    nothing promised, no regrets
  • edited November 2019
    Leko is such a funny player, 2 awful finishes from crosses, even his goal had a massive deflection, never seems to hit a ball clean, but dont mind too much if he continues to make runs like that
  • We only win, according to stats, when the opposition has most of the possession, like this game. Fingers crossed.
  • Sky certain it was a penalty but I just can't see why. There may have been contact but Oshilaja wasn't even challenging him
  • Let's go for the third, no sitting back.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
    Bonne is looking more confident after every  Game. I can’t wait until Taylor is on the pitch with him. It has the potential to be a hunt/mendonca combo. Exciting times ahead especially when Williams is also back. 
  • Oshilaja has played some lovely balls a few times. Matthews has looked solid but seems to be holding himself back at times (hamstring issues?).

Oz has been brilliant and Conor is everywhere. Bonne is so good at holding the ball up and finding the pass. Leko-1st non deflected goal? Took it excellently.
    it did get a deflection lol
  • edited November 2019
    Sky certain it was a penalty but I just can't see why. There may have been contact but Oshilaja wasn't even challenging him
    It doesn’t have to be deliberate to be a foul...
  • Having seen the 'penalty' I'm not sure I'd have been too bothered had it not been given against us, the ball is played behind the player and judging by everything else they have done, he'd have scooped it either way.

Simple tangle of legs, but football is a contact sport. Had he cleaned him out then fair enough, but a striker is always going to try to claim it.
  • Southbank said:
    We only win, according to stats, when the opposition has most of the possession, like this game. Fingers crossed.
    We are better against teams who try to play a bit rather than go direct hence why we struggled against Preston and Millwall but did alright against Leeds and Fulham
  • Sky certain it was a penalty but I just can't see why. There may have been contact but Oshilaja wasn't even challenging him
    It doesn’t have to be deliberate to be a foul...
    Hm I know but I'd feel very hard done by had that been given
  • Not sure i agree with those who think we're lucky or fortunate to be 2 ahead. With better finishing we could've scored 4.
  • Oshilaja has played some lovely balls a few times. Matthews has looked solid but seems to be holding himself back at times (hamstring issues?).

Oz has been brilliant and Conor is everywhere. Bonne is so good at holding the ball up and finding the pass. Leko-1st non deflected goal? Took it excellently.
    Regrettably it was deflected
  • The Cardiff defence didn’t track leko’s run ahead of that goal as they thought the same as us and that he was no danger. 

Bonne is on fire. As are Gallagher/Pearce/Lockyer. 

Oshi looks a bit shaky. Cullen needs to get more involved. 
  • Leko is hilarious. Our goals have come about from him banging a shot into his own leg and then into the path of Gallagher, and looking more closely at the seond goal I think he was looking to hit it across the keeper, and it's the deflection that ended up taking it past Etheridge. Despite that though, he's involved in both of our goals, and he's in the right positions for things to happen. He's so frustrating when he has time to think, and pretty frustrating still when he doesn't, but things are happening around him and he's currently a good foil for Bonne. I've seen a few people looking forward to Taylor and Bonne, which might work, but I think they're actually really similar players - all hard running in channels and industry off the ball - and they need a pacy partner for things to tick. Long live Jonatan Leko and his weird brain, legs and feet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lockyer’s performance must be warming the cockles of the Cardiff/Welsh fans hearts...he’s been superb so far 
  • edited November 2019
    Up to 9th if we hold on. Possibly back down to 10th, if Brentford pick up a point against Reading.
  • That moustache is terrible. He looks like that copper from The Bill. Toff? 
  • Not perfect first half but two wonderful goals and that was good enough for me. I just hope we won't sit too deep inviting pressure in the second half. I'd like us to go for the third goal.
    Tosh 
    Tosh 
    That’s the one!  
  • So predictable.
  • That was not a penalty 
  • Eh. He's given that in reparation for the first half one. Annoying
  • Oh dear pen from a cross again, feels like Preston.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!