Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gunshots at London Bridge

Comments

• Options
    Same as now, obviously just darker!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    I didn't think anyone was seriously injured, other than the perpetrator.

So sad, RIP
  • Options
    Just watched the video. Nothing makes me prouder than seeing those Londoners running towards the threat to stop it. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Hadn’t realised there were casualties.  Very sad.  RIP. Glad the perpetrator is dead.

as for those that tackled him, they make me proud to be from this great City and should be absolutely rewarded and honoured for what they did today.
  • Options
    Those poor innocents☹ RIP. Those guys who tackled that scumbag deserve the highest honours. Glad he got what he deserved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What did the guy chucking the drugs away have to do with it?
  • Options
    I'm so proud of the people wrestling that cum sack to the floor. 

Loads of us are properly familiar with this neck of London and the innocent people hurt have my deepest sympathy
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    What did the guy chucking the drugs away have to do with it?

I see that too.  He's the bloke who took the knife away by the looks of it, but not sure what to make of him throwing whatever it was away
  • Options
    I work in London Cocktail Club Monument there on the corner of Eastcheap and today has been harrowing to say the least. Literally locked in venue for our safety then evacuated by armed police telling us a gunman may be on the loose and we need to sprint away from the venue for our own safety. Heard the gunshots from where I was outside the front of the bar, a horrific experience. Been "on call" for 5 hours now waiting to hear if we need to head back and open up. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I work in London Cocktail Club Monument there on the corner of Eastcheap and today has been harrowing to say the least. Literally locked in venue for our safety then evacuated by armed police telling us a gunman may be on the loose and we need to sprint away from the venue for our own safety. Heard the gunshots from where I was outside the front of the bar, a horrific experience. Been "on call" for 5 hours now waiting to hear if we need to head back and open up. 
    Damn dude that's fucked up they still want you to work..... 
  • Options
    Yup, the cruel side of hospitality work, thankfully they've come to their senses and we've been told to go home and they'll pay us but it took some persuasion
  • Options
    RIP to the victims.  Thoughts and prayers with their families and friends 
  • Options
    Days like today show the opposite ends of the human spectrum.  At one end you have cowardly murdering scum at the other you have those willing to risk their lives to protect others. 

RIP to those that have perished.
  • Options
    It didn’t look good for one of the victims I saw brought out today. My stomach was churning at that point realising what had gone on.

Terrible. 

• Options
    I've just got in, 

Was coming out of a meeting in Fenchurch street when all hell broke lose, went back to my building (Lloyds) and everywhere was in lockdown so I was left on the street :-1: But Pret took pity on me and let me in and provided free tea.
    Very sad to hear two innocent people lost their lives. Even when I left work about 6:45 roads were still closed right down to Cannon Street and more police than i've seen since 7/7.

A sad day, but well done the Met/City/BT Police and hats off to those that tackled the terrorist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible 
  • Options
    Absolutely shocking episode once again. Sincere thanks to those who risked their lives tackling this madman and condolences to the families of those who passed away

RIP
  • Options
    Reports several people hurt in a knife attack in the Dutch Capital
  • Options
    Glad they shot the bstd in the way they did 

RIP to the innocents and hats of to you brave men who tackled this maggot
  • Options
    I’ve been reliably informed, the suspect is one of these: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22168422

System has let people down it seems.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    WSS said:
    I’ve been reliably informed, the suspect is one of these: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22168422

If true that’s shocking.

so they pleaded guilty to ‘preparing for acts of terrorism’ but have their sentences cut on appeal and then released halfway through their sentences. Beggars belief.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Truly shocking if true.

Someone should be hung up by their balls of this turns out to be the case.
  • Options
    The guy they pulled off him was...

(are you ready for the Moral Maze)

...a murderer on day release!

Interesting day for the justice system
  • Options
    OK the whole thing seems to have taken place at a criminal rehabilitation event. Matters presumably got out of hand amongst the ex-cons. Unclear whether it was an organised terror attack or just a guy flying off the handle.