Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Thomas Driesen Gone? - he popped in on p16, and back out on p26

Comments

• Options
    Snivelling little shit.
  • Options

• Options
    That's very distasteful. 
    Distasteful? Solly didn't want to play for us, Bows came out and said that.

What TD has said is highly probable.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    PopIcon said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Ceballos got seriously injured early on. And once recovered, sold on to STVV to get his high wages off the books after relegation.

Harsh to judge him a failure, more never really got a fair chance to prove himself.

The only memory I have of him was of him taking the worst corner in CAFC history.
    Cant even remember the match, I know it was away fixture and right in front of us.
    I want to say Reading or Derby....

Scott Parker took the worst corner in Charlton history. Went about 1 yard before going out of play. Away to Bradford in Div 2, Championship or whatever the fuck it was called. Hilarious.

We lost 1-0 (I think).
    Not sure
  • Options
    So all the managers said the same thing about Driesen, but he says they're all lying. Hilarious.

Someone ask him if he's ever found another job in football? Should tell him how good of a job he did here. 

Maybe he could put this one on top of his CV, "I discovered Loic Nego"
  • Options
    Nego & Solly at different stages of their career, who would have thought it Tommy boy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    Nego & Solly at different stages of their career, who would have thought it Tommy boy?
    To be fair to Tommy, they're both the same age (born within 5 days of each other!)
  • Options
    Perhaps Elliotttttt will no reinstall him and they can run a pretend football club.

Trot on Tommy you Tosser.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    MattF said:
    Can't help himself

Well Hungary are probably the equivalent to a League 1 or 2 side at best... so there's that...

Also Solly couldn't exactly play for Hungary given his nationality.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    Can't help himself

Well Hungary are probably the equivalent to a League 1 or 2 side at best... so there's that...

Also Solly couldn't exactly play for Hungary given his nationality.
    Nego is no more Hungarian than Solly. Live in a country long enough and you can play for them...In a couple of years Patrick Bauer would probably be eligible to play for England for example!
  • Options
    I've seen Nego a couple of times on the box in European cup games and he looks a good player at right-midfield. He had a couple of good games for Videoton v Chelsea a couple of years back and scored a brilliant volley in the game in Hungary. Given the way we try to play possession football now, he would actually be quite a good fit. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    To be fair to Tommy, they're both the same age (born within 5 days of each other!)
    That maybe true but when he turned up how many championship games did he have under his belt?
  • Options
    In Chris Powell's words: 

“I’d be in my office and there’s a player turning up downstairs with his suitcase, saying he’s come to play. Who is it? It’s Loic Nego, it’s Anil Koç. I don’t even know who they are. ‘We’ve been told you need a winger’ – yeah, but I need a winger who’s used to the Championship, and you’ve got a young boy who’s played three games for Standard off the bench. I mean, that’s not for Charlton. Charlton deserve a player who’s going to improve them.” 

I'd Tweet as a reply to Driesen but he's blocked me.
    Pah, what does Powell know about football?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nego obviously had some talent, he played for France at every youth level from U16 to U20.

Has seemingly carved out a decent career for himself in Hungary, is an international and they're not as bad as some people are saying. In the past year Hungary have beaten Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, Wales and Iceland. It's not like he's playing for San Marino or the Faroes.

He actually might not be a bad signing for us now. But absolutely back then he wasn't right.
  • Options
    Nego obviously had some talent, he played for France at every youth level from U16 to U20.

Has seemingly carved out a decent career for himself in Hungary, is an international and they're not as bad as some people are saying. In the past year Hungary have beaten Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, Wales and Iceland. It's not like he's playing for San Marino or the Faroes.

He actually might not be a bad signing for us now. But absolutely back then he wasn't right.
    I think Nego like some of the others from the era probably was good enough in terms of ability etc but there's a lot more to fitting in and improving the team than that - personality, experience, leadership.

These also happen to be things you can't really quantity with stats. Players like Andy Hughes or Darren Pratley would fail Tommy's quota but were much more important than the number of goals scored or key passes they made.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Looking at Nego these days, I think we'd have to be back in The Championship for him to consider coming to us. If you're doing well in European Cups, International and domestic football, then Championship probably has to be your minimum (albeit Covid has skewed that a bit for now). He has definitely improved with regular football and could still get better. 

Nego wasn't ready for 1st XI action when he was with us but he definitely would be now! 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    MattF said:
    Can't help himself

Steve Gallen overseeing the successful recruitment at Charlton Athletic as director of football while Thomas Driesen is looking for a job. Who would have thought 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Steve Gallen married with kids while Driesen still a virgin. Who would have thought.
    Has Tommy ended up working at Dortmund, or is that only on football manager?
  • Options

Agreed. A good player, but not what we needed at the time

OR we needed the owners/management to be more patient with overseas players, and allow them time to settle in to the English game. It was crazy for example to bring in Tucadean in the summer then dump him 6 months later
  • Options

Agreed. A good player, but not what we needed at the time

OR we needed the owners/management to be more patient with overseas players, and allow them time to settle in to the English game. It was crazy for example to bring in Tucadean in the summer then dump him 6 months later
    Agreed......he should have been dumped after a week!
  • Options
    I like Tommy lad.

i think we should bring him back 
  • Options
    I like Tommy lad.

i think we should bring him back 
    Started early today with the drinking have we @a@AFKABartram ?
    😉