Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Thomas Driesen Gone? - he popped in on p16, and back out on p26

Comments

• Options
    Tommy boy is really dismissive of Schwartz tonight.

I know he triggers people but I genuinely find the whole thing with him quite funny 
    Agree, it's relatively entertaining.

He is obsessed with a club that's already forgotton about him.

His stupidity makes me feel better about myself.

I only had a problem with him when his CV was no where near good enough but he still had a job (Whatever the hell that was)

I don't dislike him.
  • Options
    It makes me question if he recommended both Vetokele and Makienok then

If Schwartz cant play Football how did he finish ahead of both in the top scorer charts the year before Vetokele joined us?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Spawney nobody blags key role at respected football club; answerable only to pig-ignorant misguided freak, and then with breathtaking arrogance proceeds to influence managerial decisions and control recruitment over better qualified personnel.
    Then has the affrontery and arrogance to sneer at and belittle and questioning of his credentials and performance.
    Edit: Line removed in case of misinterpretation
    Sorry to drift off topic - I have no opinion about the Thomas Driesen you refer to.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dave2l said:

I know he triggers people but I genuinely find the whole thing with him quite funny 
    He is obsessed with a club that's already forgotton about him.
    Yet here we all are?

Twitter loves a nutter.

Southall might say something mental tomorrow
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    PopIcon said:

It is an unpopular opinion, but I quite like him. I've never seen or heard him say anything bad about Gallen or Bows. The kid had a dream job, what is wrong with that? He's just an entitled as everyone else to have an opinion on players. I'd be interested to see the full list of signings that he recommended. Its unquestionable that a lot of garbage came through the gates of Sparrows Lane -Rojo, Polish Pete, Nego, Thuram, Ba etc- but we also saw the emergence of some decent players. -Gudmunsson, Teixeira, Ajdarevic, Buyens, Vetokele, Bulot, Bauer, Naby, Holmes etc-.

All arrows should be aimed at Roland.
    Tweeted something about "rejecting [LB & SG's] shit players." Sarcastic tweets, written as if they were coming from LB & SG, thanking Driesen himself for turning a player down. You might want to read the thread. The whole argument has been done to death. Matt Wright's expose is also excellent, revealing how Driesen would tell the manager what tactics to play through RD, among other revelations. Also the brilliant Getting To Know The Network series, which has first-hand interviews with most of the managers about Driesen. All of which paint a clear picture. 
    I follow him on Twitter, I've seen what he's written. I didn't take it as digs at Bow or Gallen. I've just named more good players who came in than bad ones. I don't know who recommended what. I followed the expose as well as watching Getting To Know The Network. I've been supporting Charlton for long enough to make my own opinions.

Let's be honest, so far this seasons signings have been poor. Smyth, Maddison and Bogle already gone. I hope the others get better, I hope I am proved wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    PopIcon said:
    Chunes said:
    PopIcon said:

It is an unpopular opinion, but I quite like him. I've never seen or heard him say anything bad about Gallen or Bows. The kid had a dream job, what is wrong with that? He's just an entitled as everyone else to have an opinion on players. I'd be interested to see the full list of signings that he recommended. Its unquestionable that a lot of garbage came through the gates of Sparrows Lane -Rojo, Polish Pete, Nego, Thuram, Ba etc- but we also saw the emergence of some decent players. -Gudmunsson, Teixeira, Ajdarevic, Buyens, Vetokele, Bulot, Bauer, Naby, Holmes etc-.

Tweeted something about "rejecting [LB & SG's] shit players." Sarcastic tweets, written as if they were coming from LB & SG, thanking Driesen himself for turning a player down. You might want to read the thread. The whole argument has been done to death. Matt Wright's expose is also excellent, revealing how Driesen would tell the manager what tactics to play through RD, among other revelations. Also the brilliant Getting To Know The Network series, which has first-hand interviews with most of the managers about Driesen. All of which paint a clear picture. 
    I follow him on Twitter, I've seen what he's written. I didn't take it as digs at Bow or Gallen. I've just named more good players who came in than bad ones. I don't know who recommended what. I followed the expose as well as watching Getting To Know The Network. I've been supporting Charlton for long enough to make my own opinions.

Let's be honest, so far this seasons signings have been poor. Smyth, Maddison and Bogle already gone. I hope the others get better, I hope I am proved wrong.
    I appreciate your opinion and wasn't suggesting that you haven't supported Charlton for a while in any way. I just feel the evidence is out there and factual so how could anyone argue different? But could you explain how you don't think it's a dig against Gallen and Bowyer to say their player recommendations were shit? It's hard for me to see how that isn't very clear cut

It's a bit too easy to pick out our worst three signings in a rushed window after a transfer embargo Vs the very best from a 8 year ownership period. I'm not sure there's much value in the comparison. Perhaps we can only compare the next 8 years. Will we be more successful with a professional recruitment policy Vs an amateur one?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    The thing with Tommy is that he is quick to shout from the rooftops about successful players but goes missing when you mention the duds, of which were many!
    Sounds like a politician...

It will be fascinating when we get the FULL history of the Roland era, especially the Championship period to find out who actually did what, where the signing came from and who recommended/decided which players to ship out (e.g. the bizarre way Morrison was pushed out).

The summer of 2014/15 was relatively successful - Igor, JBG, Ben Haim, Bulot, Buyens
    The summer of 2015/16 was a disaster

• Options
    I always liked the anagram of Thomas Driesen - Meire had snots
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    PopIcon said:
    Chunes said:
    PopIcon said:

I appreciate your opinion and wasn't suggesting that you haven't supported Charlton for a while in any way. I just feel the evidence is out there and factual so how could anyone argue different? But could you explain how you don't think it's a dig against Gallen and Bowyer to say their player recommendations were shit? It's hard for me to see how that isn't very clear cut

It's a bit too easy to pick out our worst three signings in a rushed window after a transfer embargo Vs the very best from a 8 year ownership period. I'm not sure there's much value in the comparison. Perhaps we can only compare the next 8 years. Will we be more successful with a professional recruitment policy Vs an amateur one?
    I think people are quick to point the finger at Driesen and blame him for garbage like Nego and Thuram. I cannot remember one occasion when Charlton fans said well done to him when the likes of Gudmunsson, Vetokele or Bauer had a good game. We may never get a definitive list of who is responsible for signing which players.
    I've seen all the stuff on Twitter, both sides and he gets pelters. He's been made the scapegoat because he dares to put his head above the parapet. 

I'm not a Roland apologist, I was a the funeral, I went to Coventry, I threw all and sundry on the pitch. The sooner he is completely gone from the club the better.

January wasn't rushed, lets hope Ronnie bangs in 15 goals and we make the Play Offs.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    The thing with Tommy is that he is quick to shout from the rooftops about successful players but goes missing when you mention the duds, of which were many!

It will be fascinating when we get the FULL history of the Roland era, especially the Championship period to find out who actually did what, where the signing came from and who recommended/decided which players to ship out (e.g. the bizarre way Morrison was pushed out).

The summer of 2014/15 was relatively successful - Igor, JBG, Ben Haim, Bulot, Buyens

His claim about Yann is 1000% bullshit by the way. Yann never wanted to go. Source - Yann
    That doesn't mean it was Thomas that sold him though.  Thomas wanting him to stay and Yann wanting to stay aren't mutually exclusive. 
  • Options
    Shouldn’t the title of this thread be ‘Has Thomas Dreiser gone’ ? Yours, the grammar police.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

His claim about Yann is 1000% bullshit by the way. Yann never wanted to go. Source - Yann
    That doesn't mean it was Thomas that sold him though.  Thomas wanting him to stay and Yann wanting to stay aren't mutually exclusive. 
    It was reported that Tommy boy said that Yann was past his best and Piotr was a better long term prospect.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Shouldn’t the title of this thread be ‘Has Thomas Dreiser gone’ ? Yours, the grammar police.
    Dreisen not Dreiser. Yours, the spelling police.
    The title of this thread should be 'Has Thomas Driesen Gone?'. Yours, the grammar and spelling police.
  • Options
    I can’t believe any Charlton fan in their right mind would even attempt to defend the little weasel.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

It was reported that Tommy boy said that Yann was past his best and Piotr was a better long term prospect.
    That may be the case.  Your saying he wanted Yann to stay is bull shit because Yann said he wanted to stay.  They could both be true.  That's all I ment. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc999 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

That may be the case.  Your saying he wanted Yann to stay is bull shit because Yann said he wanted to stay.  They could both be true.  That's all I ment. 
    I am saying that is bullshit as Tommy boy has never owned up to signing shit players but quick to steal glory for the successful ones. What a suprise.

Yann also said that Miere had told him that his days were past him based on advice given to her. Now I wonder who could have given her that advice?

Other than that, yeah, he wanted him to stay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like Cardiff have got their very own Thomas.....data nerd overlooking player recruitment. Good luck with that Mick McCarthy. 

• Options
    Him and Mick will get on like a house on fire,  cannot see anything going tits here...
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Looks like Cardiff have got their very own Thomas.....data nerd overlooking player recruitment. Good luck with that Mick McCarthy. 

Don't Brentford have similar? Not going badly for them
  • Options
    I feel Thomas Frank is a bit more receptive to suggestions than ol Mick
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Hold on, hold on, hold on!

Change the hair, glasses off, change the expression ... grow some stubble ... doesn't fool me.

• Options
    Anagrams of Thomas Driesen are:

1) See random shit
    2) Nerd to Messiah

• Options
    edited July 2021
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/bluebirds-appoint-new-non-executive-director-board

I don't know about his football knowledge, but his background is somewhat different!

Jalil currently serves as the Group CEO of Berjaya Corporation, based in Malaysia. Jalil will help to direct the Club in all strategic decision making and planning, working closely with Tan Sri Vincent Tan, Chairman Mehmet Dalman and Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo.
    Jalil has 18 years of distinguished investment career globally, with firms such as Abrdn & Invesco in senior leadership roles in Europe & Asia. Jalil was also Group CEO of Malaysia’s state investment fund, PNB, the youngest to helm the role at 37 years old.
    We’re confident that City supporters will join the Board and Club in welcoming Jalil to this role and look forward to a successful and prosperous future together.
  • Options
    Didn't this already happen at Cardiff or was it Hull where they employed the son, or friend of the son, in a similar role?

No worse than "booker of the year" Tony f£&@ing up 3 companies his dad owns because he has previously seen the business on tele and thinks he knows what he is doing.