Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Thomas Driesen Gone? - he popped in on p16, and back out on p26

Comments

• Options
    I like Tommy boy 
  • Options
    Hope you all thank him for Wembley when you get the chance 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    I think he lies 
    What gives you that idea?
  • Options
    Quite interesting saying he didn't say yes to Polish Pete, Le Point 
    He has always said he didn't have anything to do with Polish Pete.  Quite happy to claim credit for Nego though........ 
  • Options
    So essentially most of the half decent ones was all him, the shit ones weren't.

What an absolute seed.
  • Options
    Thanks, Paddy.

Any more you know of ..... especially those during the last 2 years with Gallen?

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    For those of you blocked, I've compiled a list of what he's said so far. I actually don't think he's lying out his arse here, but maybe he's feeding some - but not all - mistakes to seem "credible". I dunno.

Wanted to sign:

- Teixeira
    - Ba
    - JBG
    - Nego
    - Makienok
    - Diarra
    - Fanni
    - Ceballos

Didn't want:

- Lepoint
    - Thuram
    - Bergdich

Wanted to keep:

- Yann

Wanted to sell:

- Dale Stephens

No role:

- Tucudean
    - Piotr Parzyszek
    - Magennis
    - Novak
    Admitted that Stephens was a big mistake

Said that the Romanian Manager from Standard signed Tucudean so didnt understand that as we never had a Romanian

Ceballos he liked but didnt anticipate the injury hence why he signed him for STVV when he was fit again
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Thanks, Paddy.

Any more you know of ..... especially those during the last 2 years with Gallen?

He seems to have stopped answering, not surprising when you see some of the abuse he is getting.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Thanks, Paddy.

He seems to have stopped answering, not surprising when you see some of the abuse he is getting.  
    Shame, no need for abuse, is there?
    Whatever we felt at the time, it'll soon be all water under the bridge.

For now though, I'm curious ..... and at least Tommy was playing along with it.

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    For those of you blocked, I've compiled a list of what he's said so far. I actually don't think he's lying out his arse here, but maybe he's feeding some - but not all - mistakes to seem "credible". I dunno.

Wanted to sign:

- Teixeira
    - Ba
    - JBG
    - Nego
    - Makienok
    - Diarra
    - Fanni
    - Ceballos

Didn't want:

- Lepoint
    - Thuram
    - Bergdich

Wanted to keep:

- Yann

Wanted to sell:

- Dale Stephens

No role:

- Tucudean
    - Piotr Parzyszek
    - Magennis
    - Novak
    That’s less than a 50% success rate, was he just flipping a coin?
  • Options
    "Former head of recruitment Charlton Athletic 2018/19 & 2019/20 (summer only)" :o
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    "Former head of recruitment Charlton Athletic 2018/19 & 2019/20 (summer only):o
    Did that role end when Roland made Steve Gallen a director?

• Options
    I like Tommy boy 
    He sure plays a mean pinball
  • Options
    To me it’s like he’s saying it wasn’t all my fault to win favour, when he found shelter under Duchataway umbrella he was happy to take the pi55. Now he’s acting he got lost and found himself looking for a friend in The Covered End while we’re 2 nil down to the spanner’s. Guilty by association he can feck right off and take the pilbury doughboy with him.
  • Options
    I think the key point he is trying to make is that he has been the key decision maker on signings over the last two years and that it went very well.

He’s also made clear he was the one to push the Cullen signing through and that he vetoed going for Eaves, and also vetoed another midfielder Bowyer wanted who is now on the bench in L1. 

Clear from ones he’s retweeted in the past that he was supportive of the signings of Lockyer, Bielik, Taylor and Bonne. 
  • Options
    I think the key point he is trying to make is that he has been the key decision maker on signings over the last two years and that it went very well.

He’s also made clear he was the one to push the Cullen signing through and that he vetoed going for Eaves, and also vetoed another midfielder Bowyer wanted who is now on the bench in L1. 

Clear from ones he’s retweeted in the past that he was supportive of the signings of Lockyer, Bielik, Taylor and Bonne. 
    Didn't quite a few people "blame" him for Bonne before he actually played? 
  • Options
    Don’t know
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing with Tommy is no one apart from him, and possibly, RD know exactly what in put he had on every transfer over the last 6 years. 

He, as far as I know, has never done a proper in depth interview, has never had the forum to put his side across. 

Has anyone, on here, ever spoken or know anyone that has? 

He comes across as a bit of a knob on twitter and is "guilty by association" but it's disingenuous to say, categorically, that every good transfer in the last six years had nothing to do with him yet every bad one is 100% his fault.  Unless you have proof other wise, in which case I would love to see it. 

• Options
    I wonder if the Thomas Driesen algorithm could be packaged up and sold?  No need for scouts, huge savings for Premiership clubs. 

• Options
    My guess on the vetoed midfielder is Jason Cummings
  • Options

Wanted to sign:
    - Teixeira
    - Ba.             Failure
    - JBG
    - Nego.         Failure
    - Makienok.  Failure
    - Diarra
    - Fanni
    - Ceballos.   Failure

Wanted to sell
    - Dale Stephens.    Bad call

So of those he influenced - 9 - five were bad calls.  Of those he called right Diarra and Fanni were ex French internationals that I could have called right.  Its not the greatest CV.

i assumed he had joined Swanseas scouting team when Gallagher went there
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Ceballos got seriously injured early on. And once recovered, sold on to STVV to get his high wages off the books after relegation.

Harsh to judge him a failure, more never really got a fair chance to prove himself.

• Options

Wanted to sign:
    - Teixeira
    - Ba.             Failure
    - JBG
    - Nego.         Failure
    - Makienok.  Failure
    - Diarra
    - Fanni
    - Ceballos.   Failure

Wanted to sell
    - Dale Stephens.    Bad call

So of those he influenced - 9 - five were bad calls.  Of those he called right Diarra and Fanni were ex French internationals that I could have called right.  Its not the greatest CV.

i assumed he had joined Swanseas scouting team when Gallagher went there
    Do you think that the 4 fails where general bad players?  Ba had never played men's football and was over played for example due to Kashi's injury.  But 3 of the players you said failed played under 3 different managers in total chaos.  Another player bought in at the same time was Sarr, look how much he has improved under proper coaching and a stable environment. 

Nego was totally unsuited.

I would also go as far to say that JBG and Diarra are 2 of the best players that we have ever signed, outside of the top flight.