Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury news

Comments

• Options
    When do questions start getting asked of the medical staff and/or our training regime. For Chuks to come back from one injury and pick up another in the first session back suggests that something in his plan isn't quite right. 
  • Options
    Quick, tricky players have always been kicked and refs have always let them be kicked. Kicking them is the best way to stop them.
    I've got some news for you. That is against the laws of football. I don't want to come over all Priti Patel here, but laws are meant to be strictly enforced. 
    I don't disagree - just pointing out what it is, not what it should be.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    How bloody unlucky has Aneke been?
    Just like with Lewis Page; 5 distinct muscle injuries in a full time "professional" athlete is several steps beyond Bad Luck.
    Bad Luck in this context is the piss weak excuse whinged out by a shirking fop too busy kidding himself and blaming everything he can think of.  He's skipping one or more parts of his routine, warm ups, recovery, rest, nutrition, hydration, hard work.
    Failure to prepare... is its own reward. 
  • Options
    Bowyer says we train high tensity.so if they train and play like they might just be burning out. Bowyer rotates the squad especially when we have a midweek match. So can’t be that. But I do wonder when I see Gallagher racing 30-40 yards to chase down the goalkeeper.that he should be saving his energy. 
  • Options
    Like everybody else,I find it very frustrating when ball players are kicked off the park,and referees do nothing.There is an answer,in days gone by,small players,Johnny giles,Bremner,Bobby Collins,Paul Scholes,would make it quite clear that any untoward play would be the subject of severe retribution,therefore these guys and many others would command respect.Players like Cullen,Williams etc.,must stand up for themselves and if on the end of a bad assault,either they or a suitably equipped team mate should offer their assistance.I am not condoning foul play,but sometimes there is no alternative.How many times have us former park players identified the best player on the other side and give him an early clattering,only 10 minutes later to finish up on our arses not knowing what to hold first.Sometimes needs must.
  • Options
    Like everybody else,I find it very frustrating when ball players are kicked off the park,and referees do nothing.There is an answer,in days gone by,small players,Johnny giles,Bremner,Bobby Collins,Paul Scholes,would make it quite clear that any untoward play would be the subject of severe retribution,therefore these guys and many others would command respect.Players like Cullen,Williams etc.,must stand up for themselves and if on the end of a bad assault,either they or a suitably equipped team mate should offer their assistance.I am not condoning foul play,but sometimes there is no alternative.How many times have us former park players identified the best player on the other side and give him an early clattering,only 10 minutes later to finish up on our arses not knowing what to hold first.Sometimes needs must.
    Well of course, that was Killer's subsidiary role. But that was a long time ago. :-)
  • Options
    Where's Jorge Costa when you need him. Lost count of number of sneaky knees to the hamstring of guy he was marking. 
  • Options
    Hearing that Willo is making rapid progress and is in with a reasonable chance of getting on the team sheet for this coming weekend.
    Please note, this is not yet confirmed.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    How bloody poorly managed have Aneke's injuries been?
    No such thing as luck.
    Mandatory Credit Photo by Geoff RobinsonREXShutterstock 395617h Michael Carroll TAGGED TEENAGER MICHAEL CARROLL WINS 95 MILLION POUND LOTTERY JACKPOT NORFOLK BRITAIN - NOV 2002
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    How bloody poorly managed have Aneke's injuries been?
    No such thing as luck.
    Mandatory Credit Photo by Geoff RobinsonREXShutterstock 395617h Michael Carroll TAGGED TEENAGER MICHAEL CARROLL WINS 95 MILLION POUND LOTTERY JACKPOT NORFOLK BRITAIN - NOV 2002
    Wouldn't say he was lucky at all... Have you seen him now?
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10357053/michael-carroll-coalman-lottery/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Anyone know if Wassim Aoacharia is still with us? Was on a short term deal, did his knee, and despite reports of him being a bit lazy, knew where the onion bag was. Could look down on Nabby. 
  • Options
    To Prague Addick,yes it was and it worked,these bullying bastards would not be so keen to dish it out if they knew it was coming back.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Anyone know if Wassim Aoacharia is still with us? Was on a short term deal, did his knee, and despite reports of him being a bit lazy, knew where the onion bag was. Could look down on Nabby. 
    Saw him in the stands at an under 23 game last month. Agree he looked good before the injury.
  • Options
    Costa didn't think much of millwall according to a popular tune of the time. 
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Quick, tricky players have always been kicked and refs have always let them be kicked. Kicking them is the best way to stop them.
    I've got some news for you. That is against the laws of football. I don't want to come all over Priti Patel here, but laws are meant to be strictly enforced. 
    Well there's a mental image that will take some time to erase....
    I wouldn't if she was on fire, and I certainly wouldn't waste my valuable urine. Anyway, back to the topic...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This isn't being critical, just thinking out load. 

What does Williams get so many contact injuries?   I know he gets fouled a lot, but so do a lot of players that get kicked a lot.  From what I have seen, through out his career, he isn't getting taken out by Muscat style challenges. 

Does he fall in an awkward way?  Aren't most joint injuries actually caused by your own body weight, not the actual challenge?

Does he ride the first kick, so next time they kick him that bit harder?  I don't think that's true because I don't remember him having dead legs or bruises.

Is he just unlucky?

Is he just made of glass?

He isn't playing against 1970s style cavemen center backs, he isn't getting injured by wild tackles.  Any ideas? 
  • Options
    Don't know but I've noticed he tends to roll around a lot after being fouled, often holding his knee even if the contact was nowhere near it.
  • Options
    I'd guess that usually he is moving forward at pace with only one foot on the ground which is targeted. If you are trying to trick a player more stationary you get a chance to transfer your weight away from the tackle. Just being 10 stone makes you more vulnerable. But hey, I'm speculating. 
  • Options
    I'd guess that usually he is moving forward at pace with only one foot on the ground which is targeted. If you are trying to trick a player more stationary you get a chance to transfer your weight away from the tackle. Just being 10 stone makes you more vulnerable. But hey, I'm speculating. 
    But he gets injured a lot more often than say Messi or David Silva, are they just so good they don't get kicked?  There are dozens of "Williams" type players that don't seem to have the same problem. 
  • Options
    Didn't someone raise a valid point that tackles on Williams and oztumer tend to be when they have skipped past the opponent. Therefore the impact is mostly on the planted foot/leg. 
  • Options
    Silva and Messi are all about twists and turns, not running at people at pace from a standing start. 
  • Options
    @EricBanterna @harveys_gardener you might be be on to something, Messi and Silva do take the ball from a standing start, maybe they are just quick enough to avoid the kick.  Someone like Leko often beats a man with a trick but can then is quick enough to avoid the full impact. 

Thinking about it more Leko, Bonne and Taylor (maybe even Chucks) probably run with the ball as much as Williams or Ozzy but they seem to be bundled over more than "kicked".  Is it because they are short and the defender can't go shoulder to shoulder? But that wouldn't explain the Messi etc example. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    When do questions start getting asked of the medical staff and/or our training regime. For Chuks to come back from one injury and pick up another in the first session back suggests that something in his plan isn't quite right. 
    I agree in concept with what you say , although with Chuks I just think he’s no athlete and has never had to work so hard .  
  • Options
    Silva and Messi are all about twists and turns, not running at people at pace from a standing start
    Yeah i've never ever seen Messi running at defenders.
  • Options
    I think Messi has reached a level where he is protected by refs. Williams is a terrific player but at a different level and he gets zero protection.