Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury news

Comments

• Options
    Per Rich Cawley on twitter 

Bowyer and Phillips affected by the same cold virus that struck down Morgan and Doughty already.

Williams and Field expected to be “in the matchday squad” this weekend and Lyle “could start”.
    Good news, interesting that Williams and Field got knee injuries at roughly the same time and will be returning at roughly the same time.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Bowyer and Phillips affected by the same cold virus that struck down Morgan and Doughty already.

Williams and Field expected to be “in the matchday squad” this weekend and Lyle “could start”.
    Good news, interesting that Williams and Field got knee injuries at roughly the same time and will be returning at roughly the same time.
    We “kneed” them both to be fit.....ASAP.

Scrapping the barrel there SoundAs. ;)
  • Options
    I want a daily update from Bow on whether WIlliams got through that days training or not! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Lapslie can't be far away. Hammy set back about 3 weeks ago? What did Oz go down with?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Excellent, really like Field. Makes you wonder if we'll see Ledley again now, Pouso may have a new friend join him in the 45 minute club.
    Ledley will still be needed to fill the bench if nothing else for the foreseeable. Field comes in to the Cullen role (once match fit) and we go back to the diamond with Pratly, Field Gallagher Morgan (until Jonny is back). still need someone on the bench.
  • Options
    Lapslie can't be far away. Hammy set back about 3 weeks ago? What did Oz go down with?
    Knee ligament damage, wasn't it?
  • Options
    Was it? Thought it was set back on existing injury. Any link?
  • Options
    Oztumer is out with an ankle ligament  injury
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knee ligament damage, wasn't it?
    Seen on Instagram on and off the last few weeks Lapslie being in the pool and gym with William's and chucks. So hopefully hes not too far off. And JFC?
  • Options
    Doing a bit of jogging and hit his head on the crossbar. 
  • Options
    *on the 5-aside pitch :wink:
  • Options
    I did that once... Went on a summer school thing up at the local park when I was little - Went to the toilet ahead of a treasure hunt and went running back to the group afterwards, wasnt looking where I was going and smacked straight into the metal climbing frame that you get in playgrounds

Got rushed to the Brook Hospital as I looked like the elephant man (so it improved my looks) as they feared Id fractured my skull

To this day I can still remember falling to the ground
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Ouch! Did they have to replace the climbing frame ? 😉 
  • Options

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-virus-leaves-boss-lee-bowyer-and-dillon-phillips-under-the-weather/
  • Options
    Williams and Hemed seem to have a bit of a bromance going, the amount of time they feature in each other's videos! Hemed can't be far from returning either
  • Options
    Any news on our new ‘2nd’ physio, is he injured yet?
  • Options
    Williams and Hemed seem to have a bit of a bromance going, the amount of time they feature in each other's videos! Hemed can't be far from returning either
    Jeez. Is Hemed still a thing?  I thought he’d disappeared. 😉
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Simonsen said:
    Talal said:
    Having Field back would be huge. Think he'd fare better without Cullen around than Pratley has and Pratley needs a break anyway.
    Or might mean Pratley can move to the back (far less running). 
    Don't recall seeing him in a 2 though (really don't want to see 3 again). Regarding the centre backs I'm so tired of Sarr and Pearce at the moment I'd be inclined to give Lockyer and Oshilaja a try.
    Rochdale away was the one memory I've got... Definitely happened a few times though
    Fair enough, from the start? I'd probably favour trying Oshilaja first given that's his main position.

We're so vulnerable to high balls into the box, especially under challenge from bigger strikers.

Can't help feel we should be looking to sign a pacier big '1st ball' CB to provide more aerial dominance - and who allows us to play a higher defensive line.

Somebody like Patrick Bauer would do.

look back to September and you will find loads of people on here saying "we don't miss Bauer". I wasn't one of them, notwithstanding that I like Lockyer. 
    Think Bayer and Lockyer together would be the nuts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Setbacks for both Field and Williams, neither available for Saturday. 
  • Options
    Cawley on Twitter this morning (19th) saying both Williams and Field have injury set backs and won't feature against QPR.... :/
  • Options
    Field AND Williams both have setbacks and are unavailable, both of them, seriously fuck off, I can see myself going down for HT on 35 mins and buying 4 beers Saturday now, deflated as.
  • Options
    Fucks sake 
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/double-injury-blow-for-charlton-athletic-as-duo-expected-to-return-at-qpr-suffer-setbacks/

So Williams now has a Hamstring (two weeks) - Field has done his knee in again, back to square one with him
  • Options
    So four league games and probably the cup match before anyone returns. Be surprised if no one else gets injured in that time as well. Bit worrying.
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/double-injury-blow-for-charlton-athletic-as-duo-expected-to-return-at-qpr-suffer-setbacks/

So Williams now has a Hamstring (two weeks) - Field has done his knee in again, back to square one with him
    A grade one should be fine in two weeks, I had a grade 2 quad strain occur at Brighton Marathon, two weeks later I still dragged myself round London Marathon without too much of an issue. Admittedly I didn't need to sprint though. 
  • Options
    What about Hemed? Forster-Caskey? All the other injuries? 
  • Options
    This is Roland’s legacy, our best players are made of glass and loanees.  The rest, aren’t good enough for this division, the reality is kicking in, god help us if the takeover falls through.