Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury news

Comments

• Options
    So if they are as bad as they sound, then can we assume that we'll never see Leko or Field for us again? If they're going to be out for 2-3 months (just guessing here) then we may as well terminate their loans and get someone else in. Are we allowed to do that?
    Theres no point us keeping another team's injured players on loan. If we can send back 3 of the current loans and get replacements in I'd be happy. Shame as on paper Kayal, Field and Leko could have all been decent if fit.
    I know there's no point keeping a player if he's injured, but i just wondered how it works. 

Assuming we're paying their wages whilst they're on loan and have signed a year long loan deal with them, can you just return a player if he's injured and say no thanks. Or can the parent club say 'you wanted him, you have to keep him'. Don't know how it works, and i wouldn't want us to affect future loan deals from that club, especially as West brom look likely to go up so might want to loan them again next year.
  • Options
    Without sounding too dramatic, we know that we need to get the green light on ESI and sort out the chaos of injured players.
    January could be a killer blow to this club if the takeover isn't resolved so Duchatelet is history or some loans or 1 year contracts aren't terminated, and already fit Championship player brought in.
    Both Leko and Field had their moments but we need them to be available for selection now not in March. Kayal and Hemed arrival looked great but they have contributed nothing because of injuries. 
    I would make an exception with Cullen with his loan as going forward even a modestly rich Sheikh would listen to the manager and fans and make a decent bid for a cracking midfield dynamo in Josh Cullen.
    Williams we all knew he would only play about 20 games so no surprise there and he will still win us points in this cursed season.
  • Options
    The Sky highlights show pretty clearly what happened to Leko. He has to try and avoid tripping over an advertising hoarding (for Sky, ironically), which is right next to the pitch. 

They shouldn't be there. They are an obvious danger, especially in a tight ground like that one where if you try to leapfrog over, your momentum takes you crashing into the stand.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Can Taylor Maloney be recalled from Newport in January? A better bet than Vennings or Dempsey? 
  • Options
    We probably need to get back anyone we have on loan.
  • Options
    JFC has been out for 2 months now with that hamstring injury SURELY he ought to be back soon? Ditto Hemed, as we desperately need another option up front over Xmas.

If all goes wrong with the takeover, at least we can make more loan signings, even if we don't cancel the existing ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I agree 100% with you Prague Addick. During my time in professional cricket, boundary boards had to be a minimum of 3 metres from the boundary rope. The proximity of boards so close to the goal line meant that Leko's injury was an accident waiting to happen.
    Mind you, even a three metre gap wouldn't have stopped Eric Cantona thankfully.
  • Options
    JFC has been out for 2 months now with that hamstring injury SURELY he ought to be back soon? Ditto Hemed, as we desperately need another option up front over Xmas.

If all goes wrong with the takeover, at least we can make more loan signings, even if we don't cancel the existing ones.
    Was it a hamstring? Thought it was something "worse"..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019

Williams, Hemed, Page and Aneke did a 2hr weights & swim session down the gym yesterday morning. 

I retrsct any previous thoughts i had that a couple of those looked like they were carrying excess pounds! 
    Stalker ! 

:-)

(What happened to AFKA's post ??)
  • Options
    I've not seen Leko's injury. Which highlights reel can it be seen on?
  • Options
    Shame about Kayal. Doubt we could improve on a loan of a fit Kayal.
  • Options
    Shame about Kayal. Doubt we could improve on a loan of a fit Kayal.
    True, but fairly certain we can improve on a loan of a player barely playing. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Sky Sports highlights... nineteen seconds in you see Leko and Taylor both lunging for the ball with the former suddenly hobbling off the pitch and going down
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Sky Sports highlights... nineteen seconds in you see Leko and Taylor both lunging for the ball with the former suddenly hobbling off the pitch and going down
    mendonca said:

good spot ..  (f f s) another one in intensive care for a few months ?
  • Options
    Wow....they are a hazard. I thought they were painted ads on the pitch being so close!
  • Options
    I thought Leko started hobbling after lunging for the ball and maybe landing strangely, not because he was avoiding something?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    At what point do we need to inform the Football League that we no longer have enough players to fulfill our fixtures and can we postpone matches?
    I made the point a few weeks ago  ...... that if we fielded this drastically weakened side towards the end of the season with nothing to be played for - we'd be fined by the EFL for not putting out a competitive team.

Already our severe injury crisis has been causing us some results that surely would be different with our key players fit and performing - it's handing opponents results they wouldn't have got, distorting the table, maybe already affecting promotion and relegation issues? 

It's not a level playing field - and before the match kicks off, advantage opponents.

It's funny ...... if this injury crisis had been called 'flu outbreak', then games would have been postponed.
    In League One, if just 3 players are called up for international duty, teams are not expected to play games with a weakened side, giving opponents a perceived advantage - and the match is postponed.

Where's the consistency?

Yes but no but....

So back in October.
    Dear EFL we have approximately 10 players out injured can we have our games postponed until the situation improves ?

Three months later ...
    Dear EFL  
    We appreciate that the season is nearing the half way stage and we have only played 10 games.
    However, our injury situation shows no sign of improvement.
    Please can we continue with the postponements indefinitely and we'll come to some sort of arrangement on how we'll catch up the 20 games we're behind.
    Perhaps, you could extend our season until next August ?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Sage said:
    Williams done a grade one hamstring tear on Tuesday 10th, as far as I know. That’s two weeks plus the training. Hopefully back for the very beginning of new year.

A grade one is a strain isn't it? Minor inflammation but usually no specific point with pain along the length of the muscle.

A grade two is a more serious strain. Usually with inflammation and pain at a specific point.

A grade three being actual tearing to the muscle tissue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I thought Leko started hobbling after lunging for the ball and maybe landing strangely, not because he was avoiding something?
    Just watched this again, he definitely pulls up after trying to get the ball. And I think those ads are flat on the pitch as other players just run over the top of them at various points.

• Options
    We could probably do with a couple of tenuous game postponements to allow players back. Did anyone see that suspicious looking package in the car park last home game?
  • Options
    The Sky clip is here. Those ad boards do not look flat to me. But it seems we have them at the Valley too, I have never paid them any attention before. But although Leko does seem to overstretch he also then seems to try and jump over the board somehow and then falls.. although I can't freeze frame the clip, so I am not sure...
  • Options
    They’re definitely flat on the ground he’s pulled up just before and lies down on it 
  • Options
    I've always thought the biggest danger at The Valley was the solid concrete toe beam at the bottom of the East Stand, but nobody has ever been hurt after colliding with it
  • Options
    So that's not the cause of injury, back to our training regime!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sage said:
    Williams done a grade one hamstring tear on Tuesday 10th, as far as I know. That’s two weeks plus the training. Hopefully back for the very beginning of new year.

A grade one is a strain isn't it? Minor inflammation but usually no specific point with pain along the length of the muscle.

A grade two is a more serious strain. Usually with inflammation and pain at a specific point.

A grade three being actual tearing to the muscle tissue.
    No, not entirely.

Grade one strain can also have a minor tear, they usually do but it’s very small. To be clearer, I maybe should have said a grade one strain, you are right. But he will still have torn a small part of the muscle. Just like you do when you go to the gym, muscles tear and rebuild. 

Grade two is a partial tear, whereas grade three is 90-100% complete rupture/tear.
  • Options
    Hows about Wassim?