Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury news

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I recall having a hamstring twinge when I played. I stopped running when I felt it and remember thinking, 'have I got away with it or not'. 10-15 minutes later when I thought I might have, it went. I think Bonne needs to take responsibility for that. 
  • Options
    Interesting that Bowyer hasnt mentioned Jake when talking about getting players back

Wonder if he'll have a bit of a slower return to the First-Team following his long injury last season and break down this year
  • Options
    Interesting that Bowyer hasnt mentioned Jake when talking about getting players back

Wonder if he'll have a bit of a slower return to the First-Team following his long injury last season and break down this year
    Different injury though so questions over his flexibility rather than speed of return
  • Options
    Did Bowyer give any updates at his press conference. I was hoping that at least one of Williams, Aneke, Hemed  & Oztumer would be on the bench soon. 
  • Options
    Did Bowyer give any updates at his press conference. I was hoping that at least one of Williams, Aneke, Hemed  & Oztumer would be on the bench soon. 
    Imagine we'll play mainly kids in the cup on Sunday so after tonight we've got 9 days to get some players back, and new signings in before the West brom league game. 
  • Options
    The other day he said no more players would be back for tonight.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The other day he said no more players would be back for tonight.
    SLP article on page prior says Aneke, Williams and Hemed to be in training next week 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

So I make it that we still have injured:

Amos

Page

Cullen

Field

Forster-Caskey

Aneke

Oztumer

Lapslie

Williams

Kayal

Hemed

Anyone I'm missing?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bonne
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Back in training next week, mentioned it here:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-all-of-my-players-are-at-greater-risk-of-injury-i-cant-rotate-them-due-to-injury-crisis/

Bowyer is hoping to have Hemed, Williams and Aneke back in his training squad next week.
  • Options
    Thought Kayal's loan had been cut short and he's gone back to Brighton.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Think you are right.

Kayal is a midfielder, was on loan and has gone back. Hemed is a striker, was permanent and remains. 
  • Options
    Tomer Hemed and Beram Kayal are two different people. Kayal is a midfielder, was on loan and has gone back. Hemed is a striker, was permanent and remains. 
    It does mention Kayal as being out in the article. I don't think he has departed yet, I just expect him to shortly. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Ross said:

So I make it that we still have injured:

Amos

Page

Cullen

Field

Forster-Caskey

Aneke

Oztumer

Lapslie

Williams

Kayal

Hemed

Bonne

Green

Anyone I'm missing?

Worth preparing in advance... Especially if the Arthritis is chronic.
  • Options
    Someone asked on another thread how bad Fields knee was so here were Bow's comments:

Sam Field was doing his last day of training at West Brom on Tuesday and his foot got stuck in the grass and he’s tweaked his knee again. He twisted the wrong way and his foot got stuck.

“He was in normal training, all of his rehab was done but they wanted to give him a couple of days training before they sent him back to us, just so they knew he was all good.

“He got through the first day and then got injured on the second day.

“He is having a scan and we’ll see how bad it is.

“So we have no players coming back. The nearest one to coming back is about two weeks.

“I just hope we don’t pick up any more. If we started losing more then we’re in real trouble

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Someone asked on another thread how bad Fields knee was so here were Bow's comments:

Sam Field was doing his last day of training at West Brom on Tuesday and his foot got stuck in the grass and he’s tweaked his knee again. He twisted the wrong way and his foot got stuck.

“He was in normal training, all of his rehab was done but they wanted to give him a couple of days training before they sent him back to us, just so they knew he was all good.

“So we have no players coming back. The nearest one to coming back is about two weeks.

“I just hope we don’t pick up any more. If we started losing more then we’re in real trouble

Bows...  we ARE in trouble!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Bows...  we ARE in trouble!
    Think this comment from Bow was 3/4 weeks ago

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That was before Xmas though, so surely by now we’ll know if it’s a minor setback or if he’ll be out for several months, in which case we can write him off for most of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That was before Xmas though, so surely by now we’ll know if it’s a minor setback or if he’ll be out for several months, in which case we can write him off for most of the season
    Would be nice to have an update, I think we've really missed being able to interchange Field and Pratley as one or t'other tires.
  • Options
    Any idea when Andre Green will be back in training?
  • Options
    Tweaked his hamstring. Three months.
  • Options

Once the weather turns i should think - the arthritis can be murder this time of year. (joke by the way - i'm still confident in Gallen and Bowyer but blimey, if ever we need solid citizens with minimal injury history, its now)  
  • Options
    Imagine we'll play mainly kids in the cup on Sunday so after tonight we've got 9 days to get some players back, and new signings in before the West brom league game. 
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1014382582?-11197:833
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Fair enough but we're playing kids now as it is anyway, so i don't think it's going to be that harsh on them if he plays 2-3 more in a cup game that no one really cares about.
  • Options
    Should imagine that WBA wilplay some fringe players/ kids of their own on Sunday, knowing what we available in our squad 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Tweaked his hamstring. Three months.
    “It doesn’t look good.”
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Fair enough but we're playing kids now as it is anyway, so i don't think it's going to be that harsh on them if he plays 2-3 more in a cup game that no one really cares about.
    Would expect him to at least give Pratley and Gallagher a rest. Be a bit annoyed if he doesn't tbh. 
  • Options
    So we’ve seen Williams, good news but where are we with the others?

Taylor 2/3 weeks according to Bowyer.

Cullen back training this week.

Bonne??

Forster-Caskey appears to be back in training according to insta story.

Lapslie not heard a thing??

Aneke keeps threatening to return??