Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name a positive of RDs ownership

Comments

• Options
    None from a football perspective, he got lucky with Bowyer JJ and Gallen, no plan at all just pure, pure luck & then he contrived to blow that with Bowyers contract extension. Through gritted teeth the pitch did improve but then again it had to so apart from all that nought, Katrina Miere was a defo looker (note LOOKER) and I did get to meet her, might visit her if she is jailed due to the Wednesday financial fiasco if that’s the resultant punishment 😏 although after meeting her and bartered pricing she still refused to let us continue with our box as we were all Card supporters & sponsors - two faced cow.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    He furthered my appreciation of urban art.
  • Options
    Well we might get an interesting book out of it at some point...
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Was great to realise how much i cared about the club still.
  • Options
    To see 'Charlton Rule Ok!' sprayed on a wall without needing to slip through a time space continuum back to 1973 was a highlight, other than that  discovering the words 'cockwomble' & 'moon-cup', cant recall much else tbf
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Well we might get an interesting book out of it at some point...
    Reckon there'll be more than one.

Making new friends, camaraderie and some great laughs with them is thing I'll remember from the prick's ownership.
  • Options
    Getting Chris Wilder in was a bit of a masterstroke......Oh wait.
  • Options
    Actually loads

The pitch - many people forget that when he took over, we literally couldn’t get a game on and were close to serious trouble as a result of it. 

The seats - around the outside of the cow field were huge batches of faded pink seats. The Valley looked shite. Look at pics in the sun these days with a carpet pitch and striking red, clean painted backgrounds. 

Opening up the North Upper as a fans bar

Some cracking players, despite it being supplemented with turkeys and instable or inappropriate management / coaching set up. Gudmundson, Buyans, Diarra, Bulot, Suk-Young, Bauer, Vetokele, Fanni, Pope, Motta, Holmes, Mavididi, Pearce, JFC, Kashi, Dasilva, Bielik, Taylor, Pratley, Williams, Cullen, Lockyer, Gallagher, Bonne.

Bowyer

The best Valley atmosphere I’ve ever experienced

Wembley
    Now list the negatives.
    I'll give you a few days to be fair :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually loads

The pitch - many people forget that when he took over, we literally couldn’t get a game on and were close to serious trouble as a result of it. 

The seats - around the outside of the cow field were huge batches of faded pink seats. The Valley looked shite. Look at pics in the sun these days with a carpet pitch and striking red, clean painted backgrounds. 

Opening up the North Upper as a fans bar

Some cracking players, despite it being supplemented with turkeys and instable or inappropriate management / coaching set up. Gudmundson, Buyans, Diarra, Bulot, Suk-Young, Bauer, Vetokele, Fanni, Pope, Motta, Holmes, Mavididi, Pearce, JFC, Kashi, Dasilva, Bielik, Taylor, Pratley, Williams, Cullen, Lockyer, Gallagher, Bonne.

Bowyer

The best Valley atmosphere I’ve ever experienced

Wembley
    Now list the negatives.
    I'll give you a few days to be fair :-)
    Lots more. But we can still be honest about the non negative bits
  • Options
    We haven't entered administration like some other poor souls. Not much chance with Mr Frugal in charge of the purse strings. 
  • Options
    That he didn't have a clue, otherwise he'd have really screwed us up.
  • Options
    Meeting so many great people through the protests and making good friends as a result.
    The threat caused by his ownership making me realise how much I loved the club.  
    Feeling like a part of the club now rather than just a fan.
    Realising I could make an effigy
    Belgian beer, food and hospitality (Thanks Wim)
    Discovering how pleasant much of Belgium is, and finding my way around it comfortably, even in the dark.
  • Options
    Charlton's offices were never as free of crisp crumbs as they were under Roland's reign
  • Options
    The Liar bedsheet.
  • Options
    Keeping Taylor 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some people must have enjoyed their city breaks in Belgium 
  • Options
    You’d think that but I heard a lot of people had issues with their accommodation. 
    Some even had to leave negative reviews about this one poor place. 
  • Options
    That the club did not go into receivership, which looked likely at the time. You might not like that he cut spending drastically but he also loaned the club 10 million pounds a season.
  • Options
    Well I have improved my Belgian history which was pretty non existent before and I’ve started brushing my teeth more as I don’t want to look like that when I am 70
  • Options
    One of the best starting elevens that Roland put out first appeared on 27th Feb 2016 ,we had no sub sitting on the bench that day but our coach did manage to obtain tickets for our match.
  • Options
    Yes especially with the ESPC (Eurostar Standard Premier Crew, ICF? pah!), namely @T.C.E. , @oohaahmortimer and @ThreadKiller

And the other Euro trips. Stopping off in Liege to meet the Standard Socios, tour of their atmospheric stadium and proud city, and becoming a bit of a Standard fan; and the great one to Jena with @GlassHalfFull.
  • Options

A memorable trip indeed, @PragueAddick. The wheel now turns full circle with the announcement on Wednesday that RD is investing a tidy sum into FCC's new €50m stadium. Had he but known it, RD could have everything he wanted right here in SE7 ....
  • Options
    ....his departure, albeit years too late 
  • Options
    There were 2 positives:

1. Sorting out the pitch as a top priority.

2. Allowing Chris Powell to select Diego Poyet (Mk1) for the first team.  I'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned this, but the spivs would not allow it because it would have triggered a bonus in his contract, and he was clearly ready for it.

Nothing else. Although some good players were brought in, as mentioned in posts above, that was bound to happen through the law of averages, and most of them were wrongly allowed to run down their contracts or sold for too little. And we must hold the record for paying up players' contracts just to get rid of them when they were dross.
  • Options
    Yes especially with the ESPC (Eurostar Standard Premier Crew, ICF? pah!), namely @T.C.E. , @oohaahmortimer and @ThreadKiller

It started to get a bit rowdy when I spilt red wine on my croissant 😂