Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name a positive of RDs ownership

124»

Comments

• Options
    The only positive I can think is that he wasnt as bad as -

. Munto Finance @ Notts County

. SISU @ Coventry 

But that is a bit like saying Mussolini wasnt as bad as Hitler.

Sad thing is, the old Belgian Scrote has made a lot of coin for his 1% time commitment. Hate knowing he has cleared £20M on the whole debacle.

We don't know yet what he has sold the club for, but at £60m he's still struggling to break even.
  • Options
    He gave those fans who were too young for the Valley Party their own war stories to tell.

Nearly all the other things listed above could and would have happened under any owner or, like winning a league 1 play-off, were as a result of his incompetence.

Fixing the pitch and playing the wages are bare minimum.  He had nothing positive over and above what any semi-decent owner could have done and he did a lot lot less than he could have achieved with the same expenditure.
    @Henry Irving Did he donate the space for the museum?
  • Options
    The riding school round the corner has a new path thanks to the money raised from the alternative shirts.

That it took Roland's appalling stewardship to cause that fundraising is perhaps an indictment of our current society.
  • Options
    Donating the space for the museum would be a very generous way of putting it, we occupied rooms that were non commercially viable for any use so they cost us nothing/earnt him nothing, the agreement was in place before he arrived, he visited once, when it was closed to anyone else and probably has no idea we exist.
  • Options
    He gave those fans who were too young for the Valley Party their own war stories to tell.

Nearly all the other things listed above could and would have happened under any owner or, like winning a league 1 play-off, were as a result of his incompetence.

Fixing the pitch and playing the wages are bare minimum.  He had nothing positive over and above what any semi-decent owner could have done and he did a lot lot less than he could have achieved with the same expenditure.
    @Henry Irving Did he donate the space for the museum?
    No he didn't @Addick Addict , Spivs did.

He did visit once which is more than some so called "fans" on here.

• Options
    The Boss, @AFKABartram, was, mainly right.  My view of the matter is, as with all owners:

Bad things happened that were the owners fault
    Bad things happened that were not the owners fault
    Good things happened that were down to the owner
    Good things happened that weren't down to the owner.

I feel most people will put both good and bad at a 90/10 split.  Against RD.  I would argue that its closer to 70/30 maybe even 60/40, certainly in the bad.

Was he a good owner, no of course not.  Was he a "bad" owner of course he was.  Was he the worst owner we have ever had, probably not.  Is he the worst owner in English football in the last ten years, far, far from it.