Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town | Tues 10 December | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Midfield is the issue we as before.

Phillips
    Solly Lockyer Sarr Purrington
    Pratley
    Gallagher Cantersaddick
    Morgan
    Leko Bonne

AMB Matthews Pearce Oshilaja Doughty Davison Taylor

• This season, when Pratley has dropped back into defence, he's looked really good. After a hard slog in midfield on Saturday, would he have the legs to go again tomorrow night or would we get more out him at the back? 

PS: I like the way Canters has backed himself at left mid in the diamond.....fair play. You'll have to put in a shift though....

• Simonsen said:
    This season, when Pratley has dropped back into defence, he's looked really good. After a hard slog in midfield on Saturday, would he have the legs to go again tomorrow night or would we get more out him at the back? 

PS: I like the way Canters has backed himself at left mid in the diamond.....fair play. You'll have to put in a shift though....

Reckon I've got the legs to do a job there for the first 12 mins.
  • Simonsen said:
    This season, when Pratley has dropped back into defence, he's looked really good. After a hard slog in midfield on Saturday, would he have the legs to go again tomorrow night or would we get more out him at the back? 

You sure your not getting a bit over confident there?
  • Phillips
    Oshilaja (Didnt think Solly can do back to backs)
    Lockyer
    Pearce
    Doughty
    Pratley
    Gallagher
    Morgan
    Leko
    Bonne
    Taylor

Only way to go if we want to win.
  • edited December 2019
    Phillips
    Oshilaja (Didnt think Solly can do back to backs)
    Lockyer
    Pearce
    Doughty
    Pratley
    Gallagher
    Morgan
    Leko
    Bonne
    Taylor

Only way to go if we want to win.
    He wont be... Matthews played Saturday
  • Sage said:
    So many people calling for Pratley in defence and Oshilaja in midfield.

Weird. Square pegs and round holes IMO. Pratley is a very good holding midfielder who has played just a handful of games at CB and Oshi is a utility defender who until 2 weeks ago had never played in midfield. 

Midfield is our problem area (due to injuries) lets not remove our only experienced midfielder with a track record of performing this season and stick him in defence and replace him with a CB.
    100%. I don’t understand the thinking of that either. Especially as Oshilaja is mobile, so you’d want him in central defence to try and combat Grant more. Play players in their positions, fight for everything, and we might just be able to snatch a win and relieve some pressure.

I understand why people want 5 at the back, and could well see it happening too. If so, for me the team would have to be:
    Phillips
    Solly Oshilaja Lockyer Sarr Purrington
    Pratley Ledley
    Gallagher
    Leko Bonne
    Ledley showed nothing to warrant being included again so has to be Morgan for me, but Bowyer doesn't seem to fancy him. Also wing back is ideal for Doughty but not sure whether he can play another 90 so soon.
  • Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

make sure you last the 12 and don't get sent off !!
  • Simonsen said:

How tall is this  Cantersaddick and does he have a decent beard ?
  • Simonsen said:

Marginally taller than Elfsborg and unable to grow facial hair
  • Sponsored links:

• If we don't get a win either tomorrow or Friday well find ourselves dropping into the bottom three .

Lyle to start - 2-1 win 
  • Really have to get something from this game , agree with sage's line up , there's very few to choose from after all. I think we'll squeek a 1-0 win , with a late goal , Sarr to score from a corner.
  • Simonsen said:

Marginally taller than Elfsborg and unable to grow facial hair
    Perfect addition to the squad. 
  • 1-0 to the boys for a much needed 3 points, LT welcome back. 
  • edited December 2019
    I'll go for a hopeful 1-1.
    Despite having the lowest budget and being favourites or 2nd favourites for relegation, some fans are now saying they think we're in danger of relegation.
    Oh well it only took 4 months to realise.
  • edited December 2019
    If we don't get a win either tomorrow or Friday well find ourselves dropping into the bottom three .

Lyle to start - 2-1 win 
    Was Bowyer bluffing when he said more of the same for Lyle, 45 mins I assume ?
    I can't wait for Taylor to alternate with Bonne like Lyle and karlan, when one is in the middle the others out wider. Bonne proved that with his assist at the Jimmy Seed end and Lyle Taylor is a Championship winger and Striker, hence the amount of assists from wide positions.
    We need partnerships all over the field as standards have dropped alarmingly as the injury crisis took out our top players.

Can't predict the score as unaware who can play 90+ minutes after recent weeks. 

Ps. I think Karlan will get stick but a 500% pay rise is always difficult to turn down !
    I would rather the genuine fans give him a good reception and we buy him back in January.  Ok, now I must be believing the hype of our new owners to be !
  • An early goal for us would give us a very good chance of a win. I hope we will learn from the last game that the opposite will bring almost certain defeat. COYR show us the end of this poor run and start the climb up the table before the reinforcements arrive in January.  
  • I will happily take a draw. Hope Taylor starts. Certainly need more effort and desire than at the weekend. Cullen is the biggest loss for me. Williams also but some light at the end of the tunnel now with him. 
  • Taylor starting would give fans and players a lift. Also put doubt in the minds of Huddersfield defenders.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's starting to feel like the season in the Championship when we were relegated under Pardew/Parkinson - we just faded away that season.

• We desperately need a win, any win really however it can be achieved. An opponent playing badly, god on our side, a referee who's a complete homer, anything really.

At this time of year the games come so quickly that the run of 5 without a win can quickly become 10 and you're in real trouble.
  • 7-6 would be great, with Lyle Taylor doing a 'Johnny Summers'!
    Happy memories!!!
  • edited December 2019
    3-5-2

Dills
    Lockyer Pratley Sarr
    Deji Morgan Ledley Gallagher Doughty
    Leko Bonne

I think a back three is the way for us to get the most square pegs in square holes at the moment. I like Pratley in a back 3 - he's solid in the air, reads the game well and comfortable pushing into midfield when we have the ball. He's less prone to have faster, younger players running off him in defence as well. I think he's had a lot of his best games there. I know I'll be in a small minority here, but I want Sarr back in the team, especially at home. He has the potential to help us offensively with his range of passing and, honestly, Pearce has looked just as prone to an error recently, just he is making different mistakes. Pearce also struggles with two games in a week, plus Sarr never looks as comfortable, somehow, alongside Pearce. I want Deji at right wing back because it doesn't suit Solly and I just don't rate Matthews based on what I've seen so far. Therefore, Pratley plays middle of the back three for me. I also think wing backs is the best way to have Doughty in the team right now, he's got Sarr offering some cover behind him and he looks so much more menacing in attach than Purrington.

It relies a lot on Ledley looking a lot sharper than he did on Saturday, but his experience, plus Gallagher's running and Morgan's passing gives us the best balance we can currently muster in midfield with so many injuries. Front two picks itself, unless we start Taylor in place of Leko and hope to get ahead and then bring Leko on to run at a (hopefully) tiring defence later in the match.

• edited December 2019
    The team doesn't exactly pick itself, despite the injuries. 
    I'm not sure about this five at the back malarkey. Would prefer to play the diamond, with Pratley sitting in front of a back four.
    Ledley needs minutes, but not sure a game that is so crucial is the right time for him to gain them.
    Really not sure if we can get a result tomorrow - best we can do I think is scramble a draw.

Didn't realise we're also playing on Friday :-(
  • 7-6 would be great, with Lyle Taylor doing a 'Johnny Summers'!
    Happy memories!!!
    I'd be happy with a repeat of the "You can stick your f**king record up your arse" match in 2011!

2-0

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/15815020
  • The lads will have to do the business without Fanny tomorrow night, I'm afraid.

Booked at the O2 to see Michael Buble with our Addick's pal before the fixtures came out. 

But Mr F will be flying the Wadhurst Addicks' flag in the East so fingers crossed he'll be full of good tidings of great joy when he picks me up ! 
  • Phillips 
    Matthews Locks Sarr Purrington
    Pratley
    Gallagher Morgan
    Leko
    Taylor Bonne 

1-1 Leko 
  • The lads will have to do the business without Fanny tomorrow night, I'm afraid.

Booked at the O2 to see Michael Buble with our Addick's pal before the fixtures came out. 

But Mr F will be flying the Wadhurst Addicks' flag in the East so fingers crossed he'll be full of good tidings of great joy when he picks me up ! 
    I'll send a message to Buble to make sure he sings a Charlton song for you tomorrow, to make up for your absence

"Your sister is your mother..."