Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town | Tues 10 December | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Charlton to win 5-0, Taylor, Bonne x3, Oshilaja
  • edited December 2019
    Sarr to take one for the team. Calmly walks up to Grant just before kick off and takes him out with a single blow.
  • Morgan in for Ledley, Lockyer in for Pearce & Dougherty at LB. If you want to win you  start Taylor & replace him with Leko after 60 mins. Will get the crowd buzzing.....anything else is defeatist and we'll be on the back foot from the off. 

I dont mind saying that I will boo Grant. Only left for the money & he missed out on a lifetime's memory of winning at Wembley....but then again he did get to shake hands with some Arsenal players so I suppose he does have that to look back on in his dottage.

1-1.
  • Morgan in for Ledley, Lockyer in for Pearce & Dougherty at LB. If you want to win you  start Taylor & replace him with Leko after 60 mins. Will get the crowd buzzing.....anything else is defeatist and we'll be on the back foot from the off. 

I dont mind saying that I will boo Grant. Only left for the money & he missed out on a lifetime's memory of winning at Wembley....but then again he did get to shake hands with some Arsenal players so I suppose he does have that to look back on in his dottage.

1-1.
    Not sure he could  pay his future bills with his lifetime memories , he had to make hay while the sunshine’s .

• Phillips 

Lockyer, Pratley, Oshilaja 

Solly, Morgan, Gallagher, Doughty

Leko, Bonne, Taylor.

Maybe kamikaze but we are going to concede anyway .  

In reality, it’s probably Sarr for Taylor with Pratley in midfield. 
  • Looks like another draw for me 1-1
  • COYA.

That is all......
  • Forecast is horrendous .
    Not been to a home midweek (outside play off action) for a few years and I’m tempted !

• Charlton 1 'Uddersfield 1 - Official att 16,723 (591 away) ... Actual att 11k-ish on a cold and wet Tuesday evening.

Karlan to open the scoring in the first half (on the break, against the run of play) in front of the Cupboard End numpties who had been booing him since he came out for the warm up.

Lethal Taylor to come on in the second half and get a late equaliser.

Town's keeper to be MoM, the only Terrier on the night capable stopping a comprehensive home win.

Something along these lines anyway ...
  • I predict we won't let in a first minute goal and we will have more first half shots than we did at Boro.

Won't be staying up to watch the game at 2:45 a.m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Crap game and we'll get soaked - can't wait.
  • 0-3 grant treble and 2 fresh injuries 
  • Can't see us winning. With the quality missing from the side, you at least need effort and it looks like those playing have run out of that based on Saturday.
  • @Henry Irving. Is the museum open this evening please?  I have a medical appointment late afternoon at Queen Elizabeth so no point going back to Dartford. If the museum is open I’ll come in for a wander around. Cheers. 
  • Grant 7-4 anytime scorer
  • Start Taylor. Win 1-0.
  • They look like they have pace so I cant see us getting a clean sheet, I think we might nick one.

1-1 draw.

• edited December 2019
    I agree with starting Taylor.  Don’t expect to play the whole game but can come off when blowing. It’s difficult to get into the game when coming on as a sub and more likely to do damage trying too hard
  • Sponsored links:

• Is the game on the Sky red button?
  • Why do some want Taylor from the start when he’ll  just have to come off at half-time, or risk another injury. I’d much rather him come on at half-time when the game is a little more stretched and the Huddersfield defenders are a bit more fatigued
  • Why do some want Taylor from the start when he’ll  just have to come off at half-time, or risk another injury. I’d much rather him come on at half-time when the game is a little more stretched and the Huddersfield defenders are a bit more fatigued

Argument for both, impact from the start and can come off when we feel he is getting more fatigued. Also It might be easier if he comes off, it might be he can start and last slightly longer than expected. Tough task but I trust Bowyer and co to do whats best for the player.
  • The 5 at the back is our issue for me. Bow obviously feels its the way to go given injury crisis is in the midfield/striker.
    Our midfield were dominant early in the season and we need to return to that. Pratley, Gallagher & Morgan all good on the ball and will battle.
    I like the look of this (Doughty & Leko as Wingers - Doughty will track back as needed hopefully Leko will do the same...)

Phillips
    Solly   Pearce   Lockyer   Purrington
                    Pratley
          Gallagher   Morgan
    Leko                            Doughty
                     Bonne
    Probably because the teams that takes the lead is more likely to win.
    Probably because the teams that takes the lead is more likely to win.
    Yeah tonight does seem like one of those games. However, I think we’re nailed on to concede tonight, regardless of who starts up front
  • 1-2
    grant with at least one of them.
  • Tonoght's referee is of Premier League quality, let's hope he maintains that quality throughout the game
     .. IF IF Taylor is match fit he should start, there is no point bringing him on to try and rectify a lost cause. He can be replaced after an hour or so if necessary.
    Good to see Lockyer back. I'd like to see Doughty playing wide on the left with Purry retained at left back. Purry is showing a little bit of lack of self confidence, he deserves persevering with .. Bonne and Taylor up front, Gallagher in midfield, I hope we give it a right good go and put them under pressure from the off..