Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town | Tues 10 December | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    Unless Bow is playing mind games there is no way Taylor is starting tonight or even playing half. The medical team said he could play half on saturday but it would impact on how much he could play today. Reckon half an hour tonight then start on friday.
  • Options
    I'd start Solly, think we need him back in defence 
  • Options
    Why do some want Taylor from the start when he’ll  just have to come off at half-time, or risk another injury. I’d much rather him come on at half-time when the game is a little more stretched and the Huddersfield defenders are a bit more fatigued
    Yes, when we are 2-0 down. Good luck with that one.
  • Options
    Morgan in for Ledley, Lockyer in for Pearce & Dougherty at LB. If you want to win you  start Taylor & replace him with Leko after 60 mins. Will get the crowd buzzing.....anything else is defeatist and we'll be on the back foot from the off. 

I dont mind saying that I will boo Grant. Only left for the money & he missed out on a lifetime's memory of winning at Wembley....but then again he did get to shake hands with some Arsenal players so I suppose he does have that to look back on in his dottage.

1-1.
    And this ladies and gents is what is wrong with modern football fans. 

- lets start a player who has been injured for 14 weeks and likely see him break down again but hey it will give the crowd a bit of a buzz.
    - lets boo a player who left us having scored 14 goals by Christmas to move up 2 divisions and earn 10 times as much - setting him up for life.

Get a grip.
    According to Bowyer Taylor can play 30-45 mins. I would prefer that to be at the start when we are at 0-0 and not after 60 mins when we are behind. Does last saturday not show that. Same old same old. You know what they say about doing the same things over again & hoping for a different result. 

As for Grant. I will boo his name when read out but probably not during the game.....guy plays for another team & doesnt warrant anymore of my time. Will probably score as all returning snakes do against us (Defoe being the biggest one). If he is as good as he & everyone else thinks he is then he could have stayed, got promoted & then left. The ONLY reason he left was money. Not for footballing reasons. 4 months in the Premier League. Wow. I know what I would prefer if I was in his shoes . Just ask Bauer. Last minute goal at Wembley & hero status. Now that is a memory to savour. No money can buy that. 

• Options
    Morgan in for Ledley, Lockyer in for Pearce & Dougherty at LB. If you want to win you  start Taylor & replace him with Leko after 60 mins. Will get the crowd buzzing.....anything else is defeatist and we'll be on the back foot from the off. 

I dont mind saying that I will boo Grant. Only left for the money & he missed out on a lifetime's memory of winning at Wembley....but then again he did get to shake hands with some Arsenal players so I suppose he does have that to look back on in his dottage.

1-1.

- lets start a player who has been injured for 14 weeks and likely see him break down again but hey it will give the crowd a bit of a buzz.
    - lets boo a player who left us having scored 14 goals by Christmas to move up 2 divisions and earn 10 times as much - setting him up for life.

Get a grip.
    According to Bowyer Taylor can play 30-45 mins. I would prefer that to be at the start when we are at 0-0 and not after 60 mins when we are behind. Does last saturday not show that. Same old same old. You know what they say about doing the same things over again & hoping for a different result. 

As for Grant. I will boo his name when read out but probably not during the game.....guy plays for another team & doesnt warrant anymore of my time. Will probably score as all returning snakes do against us (Defoe being the biggest one). If he is as good as he & everyone else thinks he is then he could have stayed, got promoted & then left. The ONLY reason he left was money. Not for footballing reasons. 4 months in the Premier League. Wow. I know what I would prefer if I was in his shoes . Just ask Bauer. Last minute goal at Wembley & hero status. Now that is a memory to savour. No money can buy that. 

How on earth do people know he only left for money, maybe it was to do with the fact he didn't have a contract at the end of the season and was offered the chance to play in the Premier League, something which was unlikely to ever happen if he stayed at Charlton (with the way things were at the time - hope springs eternal now!).

Why not thank players for the efforts they have put in not just in the first team but with someone like Karlan, in reserve games and at youth level also. 
  • Options
    The 5 at the back is our issue for me. Bow obviously feels its the way to go given injury crisis is in the midfield/striker.
    Our midfield were dominant early in the season and we need to return to that. Pratley, Gallagher & Morgan all good on the ball and will battle.
    I like the look of this (Doughty & Leko as Wingers - Doughty will track back as needed hopefully Leko will do the same...)

Phillips
    Solly   Pearce   Lockyer   Purrington
                    Pratley
          Gallagher   Morgan
    Leko                            Doughty
                     Bonne
    Actually thought we should've switched to this formation on Saturday when we were getting overrun in midfield. 
  • Options
    At least Grant vs Taylor will be easy to update this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep Grant quiet or more likely he has an off game and we may get something. Not looking likely at the moment, 2-0 to Huddersfield ans we drop yet further.
  • Options
    Four nil hudds
  • Options
    Jeez Guys. I was never Grant’s biggest fan. He improved hugely during his last six months with us but he’s no Maradona. We are giving it the “bet he wishes he’d stayed” routine. But remember when he left the club was an utter basket case. He got a fantastic monetary offer and the chance to play (albeit briefly) in the premier league. Any one of us would have taken that offer at that time with gusto. The fact that, a year later, we’ve experienced our Wembley day in the sun and Roland looks like he’s effed off is neither here not there. At the time he’d have been a fool to do anything else. He’s just another ex player as far as I’m concerned. Not one that I remember particularly fondly but he’s made the best of his (IMHO) limited talents. Good luck to him. 
  • Options
    Jeez Guys. I was never Grant’s biggest fan. He improved hugely during his last six months with us but he’s no Maradona. We are giving it the “bet he wishes he’d stayed” routine. But remember when he left the club was an utter basket case. He got a fantastic monetary offer and the chance to play (albeit briefly) in the premier league. Any one of us would have taken that offer at that time with gusto. The fact that, a year later, we’ve experienced our Wembley day in the sun and Roland looks like he’s effed off is neither here not there. At the time he’d have been a fool to do anything else. He’s just another ex player as far as I’m concerned. Not one that I remember particularly fondly but he’s made the best of his (IMHO) limited talents. Good luck to him. 
    I was a big Grant fan but don’t blame him at all but hope he has a stinker tonight. I find it hard to expunge that last penalty miss so he owes us!

They injury problems so it should be an even game with the wind and rain spoiling any attempt at playing any actual football which probably suits them better, but who wants it more will decide it.
  • Options

1-1.

Get a grip.

What a load of cobblers.

A life changing move or scoring a goal at Wembley.

You'd stay at your place of work instead of a new one who was multiplying your wages by 10?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Was just sitting on the loo in a 5* west end hotel when they played “when the red red robin”
    gotta be an omen !!
    Comes plop plop plopping along. 
    "Wipe your bum, wipe your bum, wipe your bum".
  • Options
    We were a bit unlucky with the contract situation, as the previous summer when he and Reeco were arrested in Ibiza, how many would have offered him a new deal then? Indeed that whole case is a mystery really, was he ever formally discharged?
  • Options
    I'll star a match thread ...... teams up.
  • Options
    Dream, believe, achieve.
    If anyone can end their 164 match unbeaten run, we can.
  • Options
    Bringing two floating floaters tonight.

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

COYR
    you do know that floaters is a term OB use for dead bodies found on the water ? .. ((:>)
  • Options

COYR
    you do know that floaters is a term OB use for dead bodies found on the water ? .. ((:>)
    Fella wish you was here to tell them ;)