Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bow's Future

I don't tend to comment on match / team threads as I don't go, but I can't believe there are people, on the Facebook groups this is, calling for LB to go?

Surely IF the new owners are successful in their take-over, LB has earned the chance to have a good crack at it after what hes achieve n a "shoe string"?

Nb, I can't see RD sacking him at this point, and I'm sure the new people have mentioned him staying, so he will be about for a while yet, but it's just some people's mentality. Who's gonna replace him?

Look at the bigger picture ffs

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    We have a moronic element amongst our fans.

Curbishley's taken us as far as he can blah, blah, blah, mid table mediocrity blah, blah, blah.

This is just the modern manifestation 10-15 years on.

Sir Alf Ramsey and Brian Clough rolled into one wouldn't do any better than Bowyer is at the moment.
    It is football today though. It’s a results game and managers don’t get time. Watford are on their third manager of the season already. Raineri was sacked after winning the title with Leicester.

These new owners won’t give Bowyer long to turn it around in my opinion. Be interesting to see if he gets a new contract or whether he’s told he’s going to have to wait 6 weeks or so. 
  • Options
    All football fans are fickle, social media and the accessibility to sports media seems to have given that fickleness a steroid boost. Patience never a popular word in the game is now extinct.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Those FB groups seem to bring about the biggest prats in our Facebook.

Anyone blaming LB for this nad run clearly, do not understand football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we have some absolute bell ends following us.....and FB seems to bring out the finest examples
  • Options
    i cant believe that that display yesterday and Saturday will become the norm. (Bowyer would end up attacking his own players, again, if that was the case)
    theres been enough examples over the course of Bowyer's reign to show what a good job him, his coaches and his players are capable off. 

This right now with lack of form, demoralising injuries and embarrassing levels of performances is just a small anomaly and Bowyer and the lads will turn it back around shortly. 
  • Options
    I don't tend to comment on match / team threads as I don't go, but I can't believe there are people, on the Facebook groups this is, calling for LB to go?

Surely IF the new owners are successful in their take-over, LB has earned the chance to have a good crack at it after what hes achieve n a "shoe string"?

Nb, I can't see RD sacking him at this point, and I'm sure the new people have mentioned him staying, so he will be about for a while yet, but it's just some people's mentality. Who's gonna replace him?

Look at the bigger picture ffs
    Sadly, social media has given a voice to morons.
    The good thing about social media is that everyone can participate!
    The terrible thing about social media is that everyone does!
  • Options
    Can't have the facebook group, the bloke is crippled by injuries, I have faith in him.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I think Lee Bowyer had done a fantastic job of getting us Into the play-offs in his 1st season and promotion into the championship via the playoffs in his second. Cullen was out for 3 months and Grant only lasted till the January window.
    This injury crisis has affected Lee big time as well as the speculation of when is Duchatelet selling up.
    The last few games have been shockers but bar bringing on Morgan instead of Vennings, or keeping on Alfie, his hands have been tied with most of the loaners and new signings injured.
    It's a brutal game is football management, but Lee Bowyer deserves to be given some money and a new contract so we can stabilize this season (staying up) and pushing on next.
    No manager could've coped with 8 to 14 players injured or sick.
    When the new owners didn't appear in the summer I wondered if Lee would walk away.
    With the new owners paying around 60 million, the bar has been raised, but it will be a retrograde step if Lee isn't judged on a fit 18 man Squad with the introduction of 2 or 3 proven Championship players in the January window.

Some fans are fickle and Clueless, but hopefully Matt Southall being a football man can support Lee.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Complete nonsense.

It's all part of being a manager. It'll make or break him.
    I've seen enough of the man to have confidence he can pull us through this.
  • Options
    I would like the new owners to back Lee and give him the resources he needs. It would be a great shame if there was a knee-jerk reaction.

With the resources available at present a struggle is guaranteed.
  • Options
    Facebook.

Enough said. 

Move along
    Exactly this. By and large, the majority of posts on the facebook group are either the bloke in the van shouting or people posting wind up shit to get a reaction. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:
     Curbs lost 9 in a row, was not sacked, we were relegated was not sacked, we won the Championship,  we stayed up! Curbs was not sacked, we were successful.

There us a possibility we will go down, but the stability that Bow has brought, regardless of the clubs status he deserves this season and next! 
    I agree with you but patience is seen as a bit old-fashioned these days.
  • Options

LB can’t do anymore with what he has available. Our luck is so bad. Never known so many injuries in 25 years of supporting the club. 
  • Options
    Overreaction to a bad run. As someone said in the post match thread, the sides we've been putting out recently wouldn't get promoted from L1. 

I have every confidence that we'll be fine once we have a few more bodies back fit and strengthen in January 
  • Options
    I just find it embarrassing tbh.

There will always be individuals that are more reactive, spiky, trigger happy etc, that’s the same at every single club.

But it was just a couple of months ago people were saying how much they love this group, this is the crop we as fans can relate to etc...a dozen injuries later and our first bit of poor form for what, two years, and loads of people lose their heads.

Football is all peaks and troughs, in form and out of form, good luck and bad luck. That’s par the course. Teams can get their head down and work through it. A scrappy late goal can be the catalyst and as an example of our bad luck, ours was not just ruled out yesterday we then got sucker punched to rub it in even more. 

We massively overperformed in the first part of the season. Thank god we did as it’s given us the base platform to ensure once we come out of this rut we will not be playing catch up at the bottom. But it also massively raised expectations with it. 

I still fear we may be in for a further difficult few weeks before things will start to turn.

One thing I’m sure of is the turnaround and then momentum we can gain in the 2nd half of the season will hugely be enhanced if the supporters remain onside and add as little external pressure as possible to management and players. 

You all wanted to hero worship them a few months ago. Show a little faith and loyalty, they’ve all earned that.

Lee Bowyer’s Red & White Army
    The crowd was supportive last night and they're still behind LB. We have a lot of players playing who aren't ready for the first team and the best we can do is to scrape out results. I thought we'd nicked a draw last night...
  • Options
    Time him down to a long term contract ASAP
  • Options
    Facebook.

Enough said. 

Move along
    Exactly this. By and large, the majority of posts on the facebook group are either the bloke in the van shouting or people posting wind up shit to get a reaction. 
    The bloke in the van is an total Bellend.