Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull City | Fri 13 Dec | 7:45 KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Hull have Bowen on form & we have.........? Sadly I’m fearing another loss & poor performance. 
    We have Taylor back. We have missed him massively and he will be huge.  Also potentially Williams off the bench last 20 if we need him.  We were comfortable save for one error v Huddersfield and should have had a point at least.  Hull are not great.  Don't be too dispondant.  We have a chance at least
  • Options
    Charlton 0 hull 5
  • Options
    We seem to have had problems playing 3/5 at the back. I'd like to see a simple 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 for a change. Maybe Olishaja as the defensive midfielder as Pratley needs a rest. I also think Pearce needs a break from hie WWE training so a Lockyer, Sarr pairing (await adverse comments from those that believe Naby shouldn't ever kick a ball again). Midfield and attack practically picks itself as it's based on numbers available, but time to start Albie.
  • Options
    I fear Bowen
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton 
  • Options
    We are probably four or five games away from being competitive.
  • Options
    I think that’s probably right so long as the heart and soul doesn’t get kicked out of them in the meantime. Bowyer is now beginning to sound a little browbeaten. His “we crawled off the park after giving everything” and “we were the only team in it” nonsense after Tuesday weren’t the wisest things to say but I don’t blame him and he’s earned the right to feel browbeaten. We just need to ride out the next four or five games with sanity and desire intact and hope the luck turns and we can get some momentum back. That magic word momentum.  I fear we might get  a couple of drubbings starting on Friday if Hull are on it. The fans, the players and the manager need to be able to see that for what it is if it happens and look beyond it. We are in this pickle for a reason. 
  • Options
    We're competitive now. We haven't been thrashed yet and as grim as it was on Tues, we did nearly win it 1-0, rather than lose it. 

2nd lowest league attendance of the season.....13.950
  • Options
    Unlikely home win, 1-0 LT pinches a winner. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we compete that's as much as I expect at present - given the sides we've had to field we can't expect miracles.

I'm not really sure how any other manager would have coped with the current situation.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    cazo said:
    Taylor’s got to start from the off.
    Unfortunately, it just won’t happen. QPR is the game he starts.
    Maybe better for Taylor to start and play 30 minutes than come on at the end because I think he will motivate the team, get the crowd going and get us on the front foot.

Williams can come on for last 20 if needed.
  • Options
    0-0 bore draw, no shots from either team, floodlight failure, and angry Sky subscribers take to the streets and riot the night away.
  • Options
    5-4 Charlton
  • Options
    Well, the moaners - including myself - have had their moan and, understandly, so. But we need to put the frustrations of the last few weeks behind us and give whatever team LB puts out against Hull our 100 per cent support. Got a feeling we can nick this one. 
  • Options
    I'm coming. COYR
  • Options
    I'm coming. COYR

SEVEN!
  • Options
                               Dillon
    Solly/Matthews Lockyer Sarr/Pearce Purrington
                           Pratley
         Gallagher     Morgan           Doughty
                          Leko    Bonne

A sort of 442 but with Pratley deeper and acting as a 3rd centre back at times. Or Oshilaja if Pratley needs a rest.
  • Options
    Charlton 1 Hull 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    4-2-4. Bypass the midfield (as we dont have one) and hoof it up to Bonne, Leko, Taylor & Sarr. Just do something different. If this happens I'll go for a 2-0 home win. If not I fear a Housemartin's album.

London 0 Hull 4.

• Options
    Sage said:
    We need something solid in midfield to protect the defence, because otherwise Hull have it in them to score a few goals. They comfortably beat Fulham at Craven Cottage, they have Bowen who scores so many from midfield. We need to boost the midfield somehow. A bit of experience and know how. I get that a few people might oppose playing specific players, but we need to be more disciplined in order to get a result. Don’t give it away cheaply, have people who understand the tactical and defensive side of the game first and foremost before bringing on Taylor and Williams. Unfortunately, Taylor won’t be starting, just hope that he gets 30+ minutes and Williams gets around 20. Keep things tight and controlled, go at them whenever we can.

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington
    Oshilaja Pratley Ledley
    Gallagher
    Bonne Leko

Maynard-Brewer, Solly, Pearce, Morgan, Doughty, Williams, Taylor
    Really ? How are we going to
    score a goal with that midfield ? 
  • Options
    As per usual, anything other than a loss and I'd be over the moon
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Sage said:
    We need something solid in midfield to protect the defence, because otherwise Hull have it in them to score a few goals. They comfortably beat Fulham at Craven Cottage, they have Bowen who scores so many from midfield. We need to boost the midfield somehow. A bit of experience and know how. I get that a few people might oppose playing specific players, but we need to be more disciplined in order to get a result. Don’t give it away cheaply, have people who understand the tactical and defensive side of the game first and foremost before bringing on Taylor and Williams. Unfortunately, Taylor won’t be starting, just hope that he gets 30+ minutes and Williams gets around 20. Keep things tight and controlled, go at them whenever we can.

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington
    Oshilaja Pratley Ledley
    Gallagher
    Bonne Leko

Maynard-Brewer, Solly, Pearce, Morgan, Doughty, Williams, Taylor
    Really ? How are we going to
    score a goal with that midfield ? 
    We have to try and stop the rot before anything else. Yes, we need a win, but also can’t afford to lose.

Not every goal scored has to be in open play either. With that personnel, there is enough players who can put a good ball into the box from a set piece and attack it to score. I’d take a 1-0 all day long from a set piece, playing a way to combat their strength because they have some very good players in this division.

How are we going to score with a midfield that is being completely overrun? How are we going to score with a midfield of kids who aren’t ready, want too much time on the ball, and get pushed off the ball? How are we going to protect the defence with that?

We have to have a midfield tonight that is positionally and tactically astute. Protect the defence and allow others to push forward after setting the foundations. We will also have Taylor and Williams to bring on. I’d rather have a midfield that is more likely to keep us solid and then bring them on than a midfield that is overrun and we are already chasing the game.
  • Options
    Slump continues...
    1-3
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    It's not about Sarr, it's about the formation. Back four please.
    We've lacked creativity in the last three games, hence the lack of chances. Not sure where that creativity will come from in the absence of Williams and Oztumer and full backs who can take men on and put in dangerous crosses. Morgan can pick a pass I guess, and works hard, so maybe him?
    Sarr had a decent game last week, and perhaps may be finally coming in to form? Oddly, we looked most dangerous when he was pushing forward, and yes, it looks like he wasn't offside when he set up what should have been Lyle's winner. Not sure if he can fit in anywhere else if isn't in a back four however, except possibly coming on as sub and playing up front? If we're losing.
    I'm going for a win tonight because we/I could really do with one.
    2-1
  • Options
    Whatever the formation, we need to score a couple of goals to have a realistic chance of winning. If we are going to do that we need to create a lot more chances than we have done in the last couple of games. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    It's not about Sarr, it's about the formation. Back four please.
    We've lacked creativity in the last three games, hence the lack of chances. Not sure where that creativity will come from in the absence of Williams and Oztumer and full backs who can take men on and put in dangerous crosses. Morgan can pick a pass I guess, and works hard, so maybe him?
    Sarr had a decent game last week, and perhaps may be finally coming in to form? Oddly, we looked most dangerous when he was pushing forward, and yes, it looks like he wasn't offside when he set up what should have been Lyle's winner. Not sure if he can fit in anywhere else if isn't in a back four however, except possibly coming on as sub and playing up front? If we're losing.
    I'm going for a win tonight because we/I could really do with one.
    2-1.
    I agree it's not all about Sarr. Yes he made mistakes but with no midfield and often left to the back three to either lump the ball forward or use Sarr, to come forward and make a few passes. He often made himself available for passes back from midfield, which is good thing in a team with little confidence but sadly kept the ball far too long or didn't look were he passed the ball. 
  • Options
    Just don't lose.

Anymore would be wonderful.

Hope I can get there.
  • Options
    I just hope it's not this score...