Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull Match Thread 13/12/19

Comments

• Options
    Dare I say it 
    but looking pretty comfortable 
  • Options
    In the post match thread on Tuesday I mentioned we needed to play more direct, which is what we have done this game. It's not the prettiest, but it is working, helped by all the players putting in a good shift.
  • Options
    Morgan looks decent, would have offered so much more mid-week
  • Options
    Enjoying this so far. Solid performance, we look threatening up front, nice goal from Pratley. Leko and Bonne working hard, Gallagher bossing the midfield, defence looking solid and organised, some lovely interventions from the Nabster, Matthews has put in a good shift too. Need a second goal and to keep a high level of concentration to take the 3 points.
  • Options
    Very good half. Leko has been the Leko we'd all hoped for, Purrington bar one poor pass has been good as has Sarr. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Crossbar Challenge time ... come on @Siv_in_Norfolk ...

Ooh, that looked close!

At least you didn't make a complete arse of yourself by slipping over as you took your kick or the ball bouncing 5 tines before reaching the goal.
  • Options
    Crossbar Challenge time ... come on @Siv_in_Norfolk ...

Ooh, that looked close!
    Its getting boring... Everyone is putting in a good effort, where are the humourous fails (Yeah I know, I need to enter for that to happen!!)
  • Options
    Playing ok atm but 1 wont be enough. Corners have been shocking ....apart from the goal obviously...😁
  • Options
    Hull look as bad as we did on Tuesday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have benefited from going direct so much 
  • Options
    Dare I say it 
    but looking pretty comfortable 
    I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of us may have said similar before...
  • Options
    If we had played like this on Tuesday we would have won easily
  • Options
    Seem to be trying to mix up the dead ball deliveries, doesn’t always come off. Good strike from Morgan he was unlucky with too.
  • Options
    Good defensive work by the Enforcer.
    Both Sarr and Purrington doing well tonight

Especially as they're facing Bowen
    Although BeckenSarr is lined up at left-back and Ben Purr further forward there have been a few occasions when Ben Purr has dropped back almost alongside him so that the pair of them have faced down Bowen and then the rest of the defence have shuffled further to the right to give them some room.
    I dont know what we're playing as Matthews is Right Back but we dont have someone playing Right Mid

Almost as though Bowyer has spotted something with how Hull play down Bowen's flank and is exploiting it

I'm sure it 3-5-2 which as you know means both Purrington and Matthews are getting forward. 3-5-2 can become 5-3-2 when under the cosh. 
  • Options
    I like Matthews arrowed throw ins. And good tekers to control them
  • Options
    I like Matthews a lot. His defensive side of the game is not as good as Solly's, but he offers us so much more going forwards.
  • Options
    If we don’t concede a goal then we will have 3 points. 🧐
  • Options
    Good defensive work by the Enforcer.
    Both Sarr and Purrington doing well tonight

Especially as they're facing Bowen
    Although BeckenSarr is lined up at left-back and Ben Purr further forward there have been a few occasions when Ben Purr has dropped back almost alongside him so that the pair of them have faced down Bowen and then the rest of the defence have shuffled further to the right to give them some room.
    I dont know what we're playing as Matthews is Right Back but we dont have someone playing Right Mid

Almost as though Bowyer has spotted something with how Hull play down Bowen's flank and is exploiting it

I'm sure it 3-5-2 which as you know means both Purrington and Matthews are getting forward. 3-5-2 can become 5-3-2 when under the cosh. 
    When we've got the ball or Hull have it their left it's certainly looked like a back four but the defence shifts around when it's on their right with Bowen.
  • Options
    My lad just spotted someone taking beer to his seat. Good spot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    If we don’t concede a goal then we will have 3 points. 🧐
    Ssh!
  • Options
    Good half but now time play again :)
  • Options
    Hull have moved Bowen inside and looking more dnagerous already...
  • Options
    Terrible goal to concede
  • Options
    Bowen scores. 1-1
  • Options
    Amateur defending. Embarrassing. 
  • Options
    That took long
  • Options
    Fucking terrible defending. 
  • Options
    What the f*** happened there?

How did that ball get through our defence?
  • Options
    Fucking criminal defending
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!