Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull Match Thread 13/12/19

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We're not looking good, but we look okay tonight.
    A vast improvement on Tuesday's "effort".
  • Options
    Great defending from Naby
  • Options
    Uh oh, Hull corner
  • Options
    Good defensive work by the Enforcer.
    Both Sarr and Purrington doing well tonight

Especially as they're facing Bowen
    Although BeckenSarr is lined up at left-back and Ben Purr further forward there have been a few occasions when Ben Purr has dropped back almost alongside him so that the pair of them have faced down Bowen and then the rest of the defence have shuffled further to the right to give them some room.
    I dont know what we're playing as Matthews is Right Back but we dont have someone playing Right Mid

Almost as though Bowyer has spotted something with how Hull play down Bowen's flank and is exploiting it
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    That Pratley goal ..... that's how centre .forwards used to score headers in the 60' and 70's.

Run, leap and attack the ball.

Well done, Prats!
  • Options
    I know Bowyer doesn’t like him but I cannot fathom why Morgan hasn’t started the last two games 
  • Options
    You really can't fault Morgan's effort. Not sure why Bow does.
  • Options
    This is sooooo much better than Tuesday
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    "Charlton carrying the greater threat when they move forward" - wasn't expecting to hear that tonight.
    Strange in fact. 
  • Options
    Is the Hull keeper timewasting there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Naby Sarr the Pickpocket.

One of our best players this evening.
  • Options
    2 minutes added on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Ooo whats that between Lockyer and Phillips

Wonder if the latter wasnt impressed with how easy Eaves got in behind leaving Pearce to catch up
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Pearce - solid

Sarr - solid

Morgan - solid so far

Pratley - gooooooooooal

Leko - solid.

Others also solid, doing their bits well.
  • Options
    Was about to say - guess who's been our star man (apart from the handsome goalkeeper in the crowd)? :)
  • Options
    Ooo whats that between Lockyer and Phillips

Lockyer wanted Phillips to come claim the ball but he stayed on his line. At least that's all I saw...
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Naby Sarr the Pickpocket.

One of our best players this evening.

When he is good he is very very good,
    And when he is bad he is horrid.
  • Options
    1-0 to us at half time.
  • Options
    1-0 HT. Not our best but much better. COYR
  • Options
    Been a bit of a masterstroke putting Naby directly up against Bowen. Beckensarr hasn't given him a sniff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    You really can't fault Morgan's effort. Not sure why Bow does.

I don't know if it's his effort he faults, so much as just his general defensive awareness. He's never really let us down though, and his passing goes some way to towards replacing what we've lost with Cullen.
  • Options
    Thought Morgan had a slow start and didnt get into the game to begin with - Been impressive as the half has gone on

Sarr is back to his beautiful self, just keeping things simple
  • Options
    Well that was a bit more like it. Not convinced one will be enough but it's a good start.
  • Options
    We look miles ahead of Tuesday in terms of confidence. If Lyle gets 30 mins or so I dont see us losing tonight 
  • Options
    Watching on pc, good first half.
  • Options
    Phillips should have come got it. Good shot stopper but lazy when it comes to catching etc.
  • Options
    So much better than Tuesday. Leko working hard and the ball coming forwards quicker. Hull are poor and their defence is creaking just as much as ours,  if not more. Sarr is typical Naby with very good and very bad. Worrying that he is marking the nippy Bowen. Albie close to scoring twice and has the look of a player who thinks he never will. Now lets stay on it, get a second then coast home. COYA
  • Options
    anyone got a streammmmmm? 
    Www.hesgoal.com
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!