Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull Match Thread 13/12/19

Comments

• Options
    I'm at some christmas theatre bullshit with the missus she booked before sky moved the game and I cant get out of it. 

Getting plenty of shit for it from @Addickted2TheReds and @PaddyP17 but they will thank me when we win. Probably be banned for the rest of the season 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Talal said:
    Croydon said:
    5 at the back again then ffs
    This is why people get frustrated, doesn't seem to be any learning form mistakes happening.
    Not much choice to do anything else is there
    This doesn't wash for me, there are other choices. They may not be great ones but when 3 centre backs has been proven not to work recently it seems odd to persist with it. 
    What choices? - This isnt Football Manager!!

Oshilaja plays in Midfield and we have all four CBs playing, not worth the risk when you only need one to be injured for it to be risky to even play three at the back!!

Joe Ledley clearly isnt ready yet nor is Lyle Taylor

Sorry but the fact it doesnt wash with you or any of us is laughable seeing we dont have a scooby what happens in training
    We wouldn't have all 4 playing as one would be left out to accommodate Oshilaja in midfield.
    If it doesn't work tonight do we just keep doing it until players return? I'd rather at least try something else.
  • Options
    Urgh, five at the back again. Will Bowyer ever learn?
  • Options
    I don’t have any shred of confidence of getting anything here 
  • Options
    What do we reckon? - Pearce v Eaves - Lockyer v Bowen?
  • Options
    We are gonna get a pasting tonight I feel
  • Options
    Just shows what a crass decision it was to play Ledley at Boro. Still in Bowyer we trust but have to say making very questionable decisions. Surely Deji is worth a start? Why no Davison on the bench? Guess it may have been possible concussion in Monday's 23 game.
  • Options
    Be honest, it worked Tuesday. Kept it tight until the last 20, bought on Taylor and scored. If the officials hadn’t cocked up it would have been perfect.

Expecting the same tonight.
  • Options
    The only bright spark in that line up over last tuesday is Albie being in there. I don't like 5 at the back.
  • Options
    Bow says there were some ‘strange’ things discussed at the meeting Last night. Good things, but strange things :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LB says new owners mentioned some strange things?
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer on last nights meeting ... some good things and some strange things  :o
  • Options
    Really did not like the sound of bows interview in sky just now. Said there were some “good things and some strange things” in his meeting last night... ffs not again pls 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Be honest, it worked Tuesday. Kept it tight until the last 20, bought on Taylor and scored. If the officials hadn’t cocked up it would have been perfect.

Expecting the same tonight.
    Part of the reason it worked Tuesday was because Huddersfield were also very poor. Will Hull be as obliging? I guess we'll find out.

Formation isn't the main problem though, its the personnel being deployed in it - but they're all that's available and this is the shape that probably best suits what we have.

It is what is right now. just have to get behind the boys and hope we get some luck. We're certainly due it. I fear we're going to get done over tonight, though.

• Options
    Surprised that Jason Pearce is able to play 3 games in 6 days.
    Normally his playing time has to be managed, a bit like Chris Solly's.

Says volumes for his character .... I bet he declared himself able, determined to lead by example.

Prats too, 35 in a few months. But he's fitter and his body is not so battered as Pearce's.

• Options
    The Hull one up is filled with a lot of unknowns .. Bowen is in top form, other than that and an American right back (all togever now) who are yer ? .. we have nothing to fear expect fear itself 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    I don’t have any shred of confidence of getting anything here 
    You can bet Hull think we're a wounded animal, stricken with injuries and low confidence.

They'll smell blood.

• Options
    At least Magennis won't score against us,  it'll will be Eaves who scores instead
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Bow says there were some ‘strange’ things discussed at the meeting Last night. Good things, but strange things :wink:
    Probably said 5 at the back ain't working 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What was that pre match comment about from Bowyer re last night’s meeting with Southall? “Sone positive things and some strange things”. He would not elaborate.
  • Options
    No one fucking here! Let's hope for a Cardiff 5-4 atmosphere from another small crowd under the lights 
  • Options
    What was that pre match comment about from Bowyer re last night’s meeting with Southall? “Sone positive things and some strange things”. He would not elaborate.

Probably already being too honest revealing what he has.
  • Options

Probably already being too honest revealing what he has.
    It is what it is.
  • Options
    If you're not at the ground, not watching on the box, or listening on the radio/Valley Pass ...

We're kicking towards the Jimmy Seed. I'll refrain from using the word "attacking" in this context ...
  • Options
    Surely Taylor needs to start getting more minutes now or it will be too late. 45 mins today?
  • Options
    Planned to attend but the anti inflammatories didn't do their stuff in time. I hoped they would earlier.

Too far these days for me when not feeling right. Should be on the 'getting old' thread.

COYR!

Make me feel really pissed off I couldn't attend by winning.
  • Options
    Technically I'd like to see us try and pack the midfield, just to try something new. Sadly I don 't know if we have five midfielders availible.
  • Options
    Ooh dear Bonne and the Hull no 5 taken out by their keeper
  • Options
    Checking in to see if anyone has mentioned Southall's Mrs? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!