Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket .. England in South Africa & Sri Lanka 2019/2020

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    In a five  man attack I would tell Archer he is only going to bowl in five over spells.
    But in those spells I want  him to give everything. 
    No jogging in and bowling in the low 80s. 
    Do you mean as one of five seamers? 
    5 seamers or 4 seamers and a spinner. 
    A five  man attack is a five  man attack.
    Ideally your two strike bowlers should only bowl in short bursts. 
    But give it everything when doing so 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    In a five  man attack I would tell Archer he is only going to bowl in five over spells.
    But in those spells I want  him to give everything. 
    No jogging in and bowling in the low 80s. 
    Do you mean as one of five seamers? 
    5 seamers or 4 seamers and a spinner. 
    A five  man attack is a five  man attack.
    Ideally your two strike bowlers should only bowl in short bursts. 
    But give it everything when doing so 
    What I meant was, do you mean as one of five seamers? 

To me there's too much luxury in using one seamer as an out-and-out quick who has no thoughts at all about bowling five over per session, especially when Stokes always seems on the verge of breaking down.  

If you mean one of five seamers, I can see how you would do that (ie tell him to give everything but for only five overs at a time).  But then you'd probably have to lose the spinner.  And, in my view, Bess has inked his name in for a few Tests, following his display in the second Test (especially the first innings).  

If you mean one of four seamers, plus a spinner, then having Archer limited to short spells and having to keep the fourth seamer (Stokes) under wraps puts too heavy a burden on the other two (assuming it's Broad and either Curran, Wood or Woakes).  

I don't completely disagree with what you're saying.  I'd phrase it slightly differently though: you have to bowl flat out until you can't bowl flat out any more.  So if that's five, six, seven or more, then so be it.  But I would want to avoid having Archer jog in and chuck pies. 
  • Options
    In a five man attack  (whoever that is ) if Archer bowled three spells of 5 overs flat out.
    That would leave a maximum of 75 overs to be shared out among the other 4 bowlers. 
    Archer is at his best when bowling fast,that is after all why he got selected in the first place. 
  • Options
    I think part of the problem is that Jofra sees himself as a Malcolm Marshall bowler whereas England want him to be Patrick Patterson.

Could be quite a tricky one to solve.
  • Options
    I think part of the problem is that Jofra sees himself as a Malcolm Marshall bowler whereas England want him to be Patrick Patterson.

Malcolm Patterson          
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Malcolm Patterson          

Sir Les?
  • Options
    Ireland have just scored the highest number of runs in the powerplay in a T20I, ever.

93-0 off 6.

Keep it up Stirling...
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Ireland have just scored the highest number of runs in the powerplay in a T20I, ever.

93-0 off 6.

Keep it up Stirling...
    I'm watching this.
    Can't make my mind up.

1.Are the Windies crap.

2 Are Ireland  brilliant. 

3 A combination of the above. 
  • Options
    Ireland are batting very well against some slightly sub-par bowling on an absolute road of a pitch. The boundaries aren't too small either, so I think it's mainly Ireland being very, very good. This is just massive at the minute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's great to watch I must admit 
  • Options
    4 wickets in 3.4 overs. 
    Windies bowling well but full credit to the two openers who tore them a new one.
  • Options
    serious beer snake
  • Options

Good toss to win
  • Options
    Joe Root has won 25 of 38 tosses as England captain. Not therefore true to assert that he’s a useless tosser.
  • Options

Didn’t know the first test cricket played outside Australia and England was at PE. Lovely ground. Currently loving the band. 

• Options
    Can't remember the last time I saw the keeper standing up to the stumps in the first hour of a Test match to the opening bowler (who wasn't a spinner that is)
  • Options
    Why is Rabada not opening the bowling? 
  • Options
    Rabada bowling to Sibley with no one between gully and mid off!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    this series has come way too early for Crawley. He’s a great batsman with a big future but at 21, he’s still got a lot to learn opening the batting, he almost hooked to mid on just now.
  • Options
    Again, another shit pull shot to mid on from Crawley 
  • Options
    Rabada bowling to Sibley with no one between gully and mid off!
    SA had a one on the off and four on the leg field for Nortje too until Sibley drove one through cover but then they took a slip out to plug the gap.

This wicket is doing nothing and would be disappointed if we can't get 350 and possibly 400 plus
  • Options
    Sibley is looking very assured. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

93-0 off 6.

Keep it up Stirling...
    I thought Paul Stirling had retired from internationals in order to continue playing for Middlesex? or did I get that the wrong way round? 

Either way its ridiculous they are forced to chose
  • Options
    Pitch looks very slow. Seems to be a little bit of nibble there off the pitch but not much.

You have to pitch it up otherwise its just sitting up asking to be hit. Gonna be tough for our bowlers not surre its the sort of pitch that will suit Curran. Hope there is not too much workload for Wood - be better to bowl him in shortish spells. Will be interesting to see how we use our bowlers. talks that one end is quite dry so will likely get some turn.
  • Options
    This might be the first session of the first day but this wicket has got a five day draw written all over it. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

93-0 off 6.

Keep it up Stirling...
    I thought Paul Stirling had retired from internationals in order to continue playing for Middlesex? or did I get that the wrong way round? 

That was Murtagh I think
  • Options
    This might be the first session of the first day but this wicket has got a five day draw written all over it. 
    Brave! 

;-) 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

93-0 off 6.

Keep it up Stirling...

That was Murtagh I think
    Ahh yeah. So why was one player allowed to continue playing internationals and the other forced to choose?