Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket .. England in South Africa & Sri Lanka 2019/2020

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Leuth said:
    I wear glasses 90% of the time, and I would vote Ben Stokes 
    You take them off when Sarr's playing, obviously 
    I would like to nominate this for post of the month
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Faf’s drop made me chuckle. Nortje didn’t look very happy! 269-6. Root caught by Kock
  • Options
    Don’t get why England are swinging the bat like that
  • Options
    Oh Nortje a lot happier now. First ball. Curran Out. 
  • Options
    Wheels flying in all directions at the moment 
  • Options
    England collapsing again! What a collapse! Maybe when they reach 400 they'll lose their last three wickets quickly and set a record for most collapses in an obviously winning score 
  • Options
    Also, what a truly incredible, brilliant spell of pure pace bowling from Nokia, going at 5 an over and 3 of his 4 wickets to wild whooshes outside off. Absolutely inspiring stuff 
  • Options
    I think that shot sums up Buttler at the moment. He seems to have a totally muddled mind when he goes out to bat in Test cricket. Won't be long before he becomes one of the white ball only brigade.
  • Options
    Cricket is one of, if not the, sports that is reliant on clarity of mind but, more to the point, confidence in your own ability. 

Look at Buttler in Test cricket, And then look at Broad. This is someone who has 12 Test 50s and a 169 off 297 balls to his name coming at a time when England were in real trouble at 102-7. Now he is a player who, if they allowed to play 12 men as they do in county age group cricket, he would be the non batting no. 12!
  • Options
    Cricket is one of, if not the, sports that is reliant on clarity of mind but, more to the point, confidence in your own ability. 

Look at Buttler in Test cricket, And then look at Broad. This is someone who has 12 Test 50s and a 169 off 297 balls to his name coming at a time when England were in real trouble at 102-7. Now he is a player who, if they allowed to play 12 men as they do in county age group cricket, he would be the non batting no. 12!
    As he smashes a maximum!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What was that about wheels coming off? 😉
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    What was that about wheels coming off? 😉
    The South Africans
  • Options
    Does anybody know what Broad's average was before he got the ball stuck in his visor compared to since. 
    I suspect this is his best score since? 
  • Options
    Yeah this has really killed South Africa (If there was much life left anyway) 
  • Options
    This is truly embarrassing for South African cricket and sums up where their cricket is at the moment
  • Options
    England's collapse is complete 
  • Options
    Looking back, leaving out Maharaj was a strange decision. With England, at least you could say that Bess is a Test rookie, but Maharaj is an experienced member of their team now
  • Options
    redman said:
    Does anybody know what Broad's average was before he got the ball stuck in his visor compared to since. 
    Prior to nosegate 73 matches, 2,156 runs at 23.95, with one hundred and ten fifties 
    Since nosegate 65 matches, 1,054 runs at 12.85, with no hundreds and two fifties 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    redman said:
    Prior to nosegate 73 matches, 2,156 runs at 23.95, with one hundred and ten fifties 
    Since nosegate 65 matches, 1,054 runs at 12.85, with no hundreds and two fifties 
    So still got 2 50s since the incident, I guess they were against slower bowling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    redman said:
    So still got 2 50s since the incident, I guess they were against slower bowling
    57* v South Africa at Lord's in 2017 (Morkel, Philander, Rabada), 56 v Australia in Melbourne in 2017 (Hazlewood, Bird, Cummins). 
  • Options
    @Chizz thanks 
  • Options
    good to see Broad looking very aggressive and confident against pace .. the last three add over 100 between them, great stuff ((:>)
  • Options
    redman said:
    Another for the statmen. 66 is the lowest top score in an innings of 400+
    very consistent scoring right down the card with only two 'failures'
  • Options
    Wood is an absolute gun. If archer can get fit and firing on all cylinders and wood can stay fit, that’s one frightening attack if we can keep broad and Anderson around. 
  • Options
    60-4, that 400 looks a very good score now!
  • Options
    Nightwatchman? Nokia's in on merit
  • Options
    88-6, 3 wickets for Wood. Top player but can we keep him fit?
  • Options
    Wood is an absolute gun. If archer can get fit and firing on all cylinders and wood can stay fit, that’s one frightening attack if we can keep broad and Anderson around. 
    I think you will always need a Curran or . Woakes for balance. But with Anderson at the end of his career be nice to replace him with Wood.