Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket .. England in South Africa & Sri Lanka 2019/2020

Comments

• Options
    Sibley and Crawley both supposed to be on the Lions tour to Aus after SA - if he makes runs there as well it will create a great headache for the selectors
    I think Denly has just made the selector's decision a lot easier.
  • Options
    erm. I think the sky producers just messed up a bit there. Stokes could get in trouble now. 
  • Options
    erm. I think the sky producers just messed up a bit there. Stokes could get in trouble now. 
    What happened ?
  • Options
    wonder who he was having a go at? someone in the crowd? 
  • Options

Ok just heard the standard sky apology for foul language
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    it came back from the ad following the wicket and Stokes was about to up the stairs to the changing  room and he was having a 'conversation' with someone in the crowd. originally thought he was telling the autograph hunting kids that he couldn't sign anything at that point, but someone was clearly talking to him from the crowd and I heard him say something like 'meet me outside the ground later you c**t' and then he walked up the stairs, and then it rewound and I thought they were going to play it again. it then cut back to the live feed. I think someone picked the wrong feed to show live!
  • Options
    stumps. 192-4. bad light stops play. 
  • Options
    Cricinfo headline is "Stokes joins the collapse" - I hadn't been following so went over expecting us 150-7 or something. We're 192-4. Absurd sensationalism. I guess they have to pretend the game will be a contest 
  • Options

Ok just heard the standard sky apology for foul language
    "Apologies if you heard any bad language... all those times we rewound it and showed it again." 
  • Options
    Sky aren't in control of the pictures.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Sky aren't in control of the pictures.
    Shhhhh stop letting the truth get in the way of a good story! 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Stat
    Crawley is the 15th player to make increasing scores in his 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th Test innings. the first Englishman since Harold Larwood in the 1920's!

And he was a fast bowler
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Cricinfo headline is "Stokes joins the collapse" - I hadn't been following so went over expecting us 150-7 or something. We're 192-4. Absurd sensationalism. I guess they have to pretend the game will be a contest 
    To be fair we were effectively 57/4 after the restart so was a collapse of sorts
  • Options
    tbh spectator must've said something to get that reaction.
  • Options
    If we can get around 350 i can't see S.A winning this test with more rain forecast.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if he met him outside?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if he met him outside?
    No he never had time. 
    They are meeting at macros car park Charlton  in a couple of weeks 
  • Options
    tbh spectator must've said something to get that reaction.
    The spectator sounded like an 8 year old kid though. I suppose we were all very brave at that age!
  • Options

Stokes, England's vice-captain, paused as he left the field following his dismissal and, in response to comments from a spectator, appeared to say: "Come say that to me outside the ground, you f***ing four-eyed c***."

Stokes' words were picked up by broadcasters and, though not shown live, were broadcast shortly after his dismissal. They were soon shared multiple times on social media. The spectator's comments were not broadcast, though it is understood that the individual involved, who is middle-aged, swore at Stokes and suggested he looked like the singer, Ed Sheeran.

Ed Sheeran is understood to be currently consulting his lawyers.

• Options
    Stokes would do well if he went into politics after his career. Not even joking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stokes, England's vice-captain, paused as he left the field following his dismissal and, in response to comments from a spectator, appeared to say: "Come say that to me outside the ground, you f***ing four-eyed c***."

Stokes' words were picked up by broadcasters and, though not shown live, were broadcast shortly after his dismissal. They were soon shared multiple times on social media. The spectator's comments were not broadcast, though it is understood that the individual involved, who is middle-aged, swore at Stokes and suggested he looked like the singer, Ed Sheeran.

Ed Sheeran is understood to be currently consulting his lawyers.

I'm disgusted by that comment from Stokes. He's clearly glassesist
  • Options
    I wear glasses 90% of the time, and I would vote Ben Stokes 
  • Options
    Oh snap! Got any cool rule changes for us? 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    More rain overnight and this morning. Start delayed by most likely an hour or so. 

My reprise of a truncated Day 1 is here: https://www.burtonsblog.com/post/a-game-of-two-halves
  • Options
    Ginger's don't do themselves any favours.
  • Options
    Ginger's don't do themselves any favours.
    What’s that supposed to mean? 
  • Options
    It's a light hearted nod to the angry ginger stereotype. How do you see it?
  • Options
    I just see a stupid bizarre comment.