Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your player of the season so far

edited December 2019 in General Charlton
A little Xmas poll for us all as we approach the halfway stage.  Who has been your player of the season so far.  Granted we’ve had a few out, but if you had to pick one of the following who I think would be most in for a shout, who would you go for 

Your player of the season so far 310 votes

Philips
19%
lancashire ladHenry IrvingKBslittlesiscfgsqueensland_addicknewyorkaddickWeegie AddickDanepakHarryLimeWestSussexAddickStigcarly burncharente addickExiled_AddickSiv_in_NorfolkcafckevCurbeySoundAsa£East Kent AddickBudleighaddick 61 votes
Gallagher
56%
LoOkOuTAFKABartram_MrDick1905rinaJWADDICKLenGloverAppyAddickEssex_AlAddicktedletthegoodtimesrollSolidgoneOff_itNorthStandUltraChicagoAddickoohaahmortimerSX_AddickChris_from_Sidcupguinnessaddickroseandcrown 176 votes
Lockyer
8%
LargeAddickWhenIwasLittleBoygolfaddickeddieaddickShootersHillGuruReading AddickRock SpectacleJaybinhoLow_EarsValiantphilmcgrandallKillarahaleskiller kishCAFCOllyCovered_End_LadRedPandaStigThundercockbellz2002Saulc23Yann897 27 votes
Cullen
11%
VincenzojimmymelrosealiwibbleCafcWesttrickymart77stoneroses19SwisdomMrOneLungBigRedEvilValley11EastTerraceJohnnyJoeyDeeDeetom_kBrighton AddickDanny AddickCharltonKerrygrumpyaddickSniffybadgerBR7_addick 36 votes
Leko
0%
Another (please specify in comments below)
3%
SouthendaddickCharltonparklaneSantaClausblackheathaddickRossmoutuakillastackitsteveSir ChrissyAddicksAddictBFG94 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    Philips
    Philips for me, certainly based on recent weeks 
  • Options
    Philips
    Maybe Bonne could’ve been another option based on how well he’s led the line in Taylor’s absence 
  • Options
    Gallagher
    cabbles said:
    Maybe Bonne could’ve been another option based on how well he’s led the line in Taylor’s absence 
    Was thinking the same, has done very well. 

Gallagher for me though. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Gallagher
    cabbles said:
    A little Xmas poll for us all as we approach the halfway stage.  Who has been your player of the season so far.  Granted we’ve had a few out, but if you had to pick one of the following who I think would be most in for a shout, who would you go for 
    Gallagher end of.
    Next poll How do you prefer to travel to away games
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher has been incredibly consistent for such a young player so stands out for me.

Phillips has been consistent too but 6 goals from midfield and 3 assists does it for me.

As for players not mentioned I'd give a shout to Darren Pratley.
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher but Pratley should be an option over Leko.
  • Options
    Philips
    Of course, Pratley.  Apologies, been a long day 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Best player - Gallagher

Most improved - Dillon Phillips

Bargain of the century- lockyer 

Oops macauley bonne who came 2nd in all 3 categories above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pratley for me
  • Options
    Pratley - Age and commitment being a major factor

Gallagher is quite clearly our best player but not in the past month and quite expectedly for his age and minutes he is having to play, this being the exact same reason why I pick Pratley
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Ha Gallagher quite clearly our best player, but I'll pick someone else, sorry but that's nonsensical.
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher all day long .
  • Options
    Lockyer
    Gallagher most talented, Cullen is the biggest miss as it has put a bit of pressure on Connor, Pratley has been immense, but to me Lockyer, so assured, measured and definitely captain material in time to come. 
  • Options
    Cullen
    Cullen for me, without him everyone else struggles 
  • Options
    It's tight between Lockyer and Pratley but I'd just give to Pratley. I've been really impressed by his leadership and the way he brings out the best from those around him.
  • Options
    Philips
    Without looking at the options available in the poll my thoughts turned to Phillips, Gallagher and Lockyer. Overall, I think Phillips has been the most consistent all the way through. Agree that Pratley deserves a mention. 
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Cullen by several country miles. 

Just look at us without him. 
    I would agree, except for the fact that when he was played on the right side of the diamond/not in the holding role, he was less effective. But I think if he was fit, he'd be my player of the year so far.

Gallagher for me, just because he has come up with the most moments of magic. Phillips has kept us in games. Lockyer looks an absolute bargain, but had some rocky patches the first month. Gallagher is really the one who has done it from day one.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Philips
    Phillips! Easy
  • Options
    Cullen
    If Williams had stayed fit he’d be up there for me too, but look at us since him and Cullen got injured. Has to be josh for me. 
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Where’s Leuth ?
  • Options
    Taylor.

We started like a house on fire with him.  We've really struggled without him.  When he's comes on in the games against Huddersfield and Hull, we've looked so much livelier.

"I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me, Darren, Darren Pratley" get's the young player of the year-so-far award.

Gallagher's form has really dipped of late but you can still see he's pure class.
  • Options
    Pratley. The man is a machine.
  • Options
    Cullen
    Tough call. Gallagher, Pratley and Philips have all been stand-out players, but Cullen for me is just above them all.
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher got my vote. It would have been Phillips but his kicking is truly awful and the ‘player of the year’ tag would come back to haunt him every time he kicks the ball and gets it embarrassingly wrong
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher 
    Closely followed by Phillips. 
    Not really sure why Leco is on the list tbh
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher no question 
  • Options
    Philips
    Just tried to edit another to Pratley but it won’t let me, but I think it’s fair to say all the another votes are for Pratley

Addicksaddict, noted yours for Taylor mate 

Interesting reading so far, thanks all