Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your player of the season so far

Comments

• Options
    Lockyer
    Gone with Lockyer, been incredibly consistent and put in some worldly last ditch tackles.
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher , followed by Cullen , who would have run him closer , had he not been injured.
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher followed by Phillips then Pratley. Gallagher has been immense for one so young. Phillips has pulled off so many saves that he's a lot of the reason we've not yet been tonked. Pratley has generally been better than last season. 
  • Options
    Another (please specify in comments below)
    Ha Gallagher quite clearly our best player, but I'll pick someone else, sorry but that's nonsensical.
    So you can't pick a play who works harder than everyone, drags the team through games and puts his body on the line over somebody who is very talented and is the best footballer, sorry then mate, I'll change my vote now to Gallagher. 
  • Options
    Philips
    Phillips has been consistently good all season. A month ago I would have picked Gallagher but his form has dropped off- totally understandable for a young player burdened by carrying our midfield 
  • Options
    Another (please specify in comments below)
    Pratley for me. Does so much work which often seems to go unrecognised. Playing above and beyond at the moment.
  • Options
    Gallagher

Start of the season I would have said Lockyer based on our defence when it was solid, but too often we have made mistakes letting a late minute goal.

Toss u for Dillon or Gallagher, I have gone for CG as I have been really impressed with him.

• Options
    Gallagher
    I voted Gallagher, but Pratley has been low key my favourite player so far

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Gallagher
    Conor has exceeded all my pre-season expectations by a mile. Always a risk signing a player from a big club that they are trading on reputation but he's the real deal and destined for a great career alright. Let's hope these Burnley rumours are rubbish! 
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Got to be Gallagher but Pratley a very close second. Cullen would have been in the mix too if he hadn’t missed the last few weeks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cullen
    Until Cullen got injured I'd have said Gallagher too, but it's noticeable that while we were coping without Taylor and Williams, it was once Cullen got injured that our form really nose-dived.
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher, been top class and impressively consistent for a young player too

Incidentally, how do you create polls?
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher has slotted in like a seasoned pro and some of his goals have been fabulous. 
  • Options
    Cullen
    Cullen for me

So hard to replace
  • Options
    Gallagher
    I few weeks ago I'd have said that Conor was leading Player of the Year by the length of Hangar Straight but recently he's tailed off a bit and Dillon has got a lot closer.

My current top three:

1. Gallagher
    2. Phillips
    3. Pratley

BeckenSarr is biding his time and will make a charge for the title in the second half of the season ...
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher 
    Closely followed by Phillips. 
    Not really sure why Leco is on the list tbh
    Would this be the Leko that's joint-top of the goal involvement charts with 5 goals and 4 assists (Conor has 6 goals and 3 assists) according to the official stats (that'll be @lancashire lad's Statbank) or some other chap called Leko?
  • Options
    Gallagher
    CG has been sensational.  If he's not in the England squad within the next 3 or 4 years then it'll be a travesty.
  • Options
    Cullen
    Gallagher might have grabbed the headlines (and rightly so), but we don't even look half as effective as a team since Cullen has been out.

He reads the game and tidies up so well. He snaps into tackles and allows us to press as a unit. He always makes himself available for a pass, which calms our notably jittery defence down, and his ability to retain possession in tight spaces means we are able to take a stronger grip on games.

He was one of the few to turn up against Millwall, and he showed balls with the last minute penalty against WBA. Somehow he still seems quite underrated, but he's fast turning into a bit of a hero of mine.
  • Options
    Cullen
    Cullen for me, he brings something that no else does and i feel we miss him more that any other player when he's out
  • Options
    Philips
    Pratley has been superb, given i didn't ever expect much from him, his been solid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gallagher
    Leko??
  • Options
    Nabby. I know, I know. I just love him.
  • Options
    Gallagher
    He's definitely our standout player of the season so far, Darren Pratley probably deserved a mention of his own tbh.
  • Options
    Pratley, if looking tired in last few.  The only defeat by more than a single goal was a Wendies last minute when we were going for point. To be competitive with our threadbare squad is down to his experience.
  • Options
    Cullen
    Of all the points we have, whose absence would have cost us the most? It's a hard choice. Gallagher is the Beckham of the team but Cullen is our Scholes.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Gallagher
    Gallagher 
    Would this be the Leko that's joint-top of the goal involvement charts with 5 goals and 4 assists (Conor has 6 goals and 3 assists) according to the official stats (that'll be @lancashire lad's Statbank) or some other chap called Leko?
    It will be the Leko that hasn't received a single vote on this thread 
  • Options
    Gallagher
    Gallagher has the X-factor. Cullen makes us tick and we've struggled without him. But I've gone for Gallagher on the basis that watching him play, he brings the excitement.
  • Options
    Philips
    Gallagher 
    It will be the Leco that hasn't received a single vote on this thread 
    to be fair, i did this late last night and I felt that given the amount of injuries we've had and trying to cobble together a list to choose from, his returns perhaps warranted him being thrown in.  I just forgot about Pratley, and then couldn't go back and change it 

Leko not popular it seems, but has contributed this season
  • Options
    Philips
    Another shout here for Phillips.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Cullen
    My initial feeling was Gallagher and if he won I would be in no way surprised but recent weeks have shown we do really miss Cullens presence in midfield. To me he feels like the key cog in the machine and without him we look lost.